Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker0699 View Post
Would anyone else like to participate in a Fish Extender Exchange? I would love to have one on our cruise. I've read so much about them, and they sound fun. I however, have no idea how to organize the exchange. Any ideas??
We'd be interested as well. Haven't participated in it before either, but all the photos of them do look fun. I'm sure the boys would love dropping off little gifts.
dryvithome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #17
meriberi00
Mouseketeer

Yes! ((Chanting)) Fish extender! Fish extender!

Meredith-Me
Daniel-DH
Elias-DS
Ean-DS
meriberi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
sparker0699
Earning My Ears

FE List for Disney Magic 12/1/12

Well.. since I didn't see a volunteer for the FE group, I'll give it my best try. I've searched a few other list to gather the details of what all info we need to get started. If you want to participate let me know and I will add you to the list.

Fish Extenders are a fun activity for the entire family to participate in while on your Disney cruise. Each participating family makes or buys a FE to hang outside your stateroom door. Each FE has at least one pocket for gifts to be left in, most have multiple pockets, one for each member of the family. Either one is perfectly acceptable. There are tons of pictures available online for you to get ideas. Also if you would prefer to buy your FE check out sites like ETSY and ebay. As for the gifts that are put in your FE they are either handmade or purchased. Don't break the bank with the gifts it is the thought that counts. Gifts can be anything you can think of, candy, pencils, magnets, etc. The gifts can be personalized to each individual or family in a stateroom or generic. You can gift as many times as you would like to on the cruise or just once, there is no set of rules. So if you are interested in participating please send me a PM with the following information:

Disboard name:
First names of everybody in your stateroom:
Ages and gender of kids, tweens, and teens in your stateroom
Your stateroom number if you know it:
If you will be celebrating any special event on the week of the cruise:
One FE thread also asked about allergies, that might be a good idea too?

Cut off for FE list is: October 15th. Afterwhich, I will PM each of you the full list of participants.

Let's get creative!!!
sparker0699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #19
meriberi00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well.. since I didn't see a volunteer for the FE group, I'll give it my best try. I've searched a few other list to gather the details of what all info we need to get started. If you want to participate let me know and I will add you to the list.

Fish Extenders are a fun activity for the entire family to participate in while on your Disney cruise. Each participating family makes or buys a FE to hang outside your stateroom door. Each FE has at least one pocket for gifts to be left in, most have multiple pockets, one for each member of the family. Either one is perfectly acceptable. There are tons of pictures available online for you to get ideas. Also if you would prefer to buy your FE check out sites like ETSY and ebay. As for the gifts that are put in your FE they are either handmade or purchased. Don't break the bank with the gifts it is the thought that counts. Gifts can be anything you can think of, candy, pencils, magnets, etc. The gifts can be personalized to each individual or family in a stateroom or generic. You can gift as many times as you would like to on the cruise or just once, there is no set of rules. So if you are interested in participating please send me a PM with the following information:

Disboard name:
First names of everybody in your stateroom:
Ages and gender of kids, tweens, and teens in your stateroom
Your stateroom number if you know it:
If you will be celebrating any special event on the week of the cruise:
One FE thread also asked about allergies, that might be a good idea too?

Cut off for FE list is: October 15th. Afterwhich, I will PM each of you the full list of participants.

Let's get creative!!!
Thanks for organizing this! I have no organizational skills whatsoever

Meredith-Me
Daniel-DH
Elias-DS
Ean-DS
meriberi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
sparker0699
Earning My Ears

FE List for Disney Magic 12/1/12

Thanks for the suggestions! I can now get and recieve PMs!
Please send your FE info so I can get our exchange list started!!!

Last edited by sparker0699; 08-28-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #21
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well..... Slight delay.
I'm apparently too new to get PMs yet.. and it won't let me post my email address yet either... so, just give me a head count of who all wants to participate, and how many are in your cabin. And we'll get a list going and fill in the details a bit later!
All right! There will be 4 of us. Me and meriberi as the husband/wife combo and our two boys ages four and two.

On a side note, you can up the thread count by going to the welcome thread and post a welcome on a few people's "hi i'm new" posts. Then you can start getting the PM's a little bit sooner.

And we're wondering if we should keep the older one up for the pirate party!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

19 days until we can start booking things online! Anyone else getting excited?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
Mel2421
Mouseketeer

Dec. 1st Cruise as well

My dd and I will be on the magic on Dec. 1st. It is our first cruise and we are so excited. Would like to join the FE list.

DD Hope is 13
I don't know what room yet.
Will post when I get it.

Thanks,
AS Sports/Movies Sept 2008
Pop June 2010
Disney Magic Dec. 2012
Disney Wonder Dec. 2013
Pop Aug 2014
Mel2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #24
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the thread! Just a few more days until we can start booking online! Can't wait for the cruise. I'm also eagerly awaiting reports from the end of the month when the Magic finally starts sailing out of Galveston and see what activities are being offered.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
sparker0699
Earning My Ears

Welcome mel2421! I have you and your family on the FE list.
I also have sparker0699, dryvithome, and meriberi00 as well. Hopefully we will have a few more join in the coming weeks.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #26
lisa3635
Mouseketeer

We just booked the 12/1 Magic. We were going on the 12/8 Fantasy but couldn't pass out the IGTs on this cruise and fortunately we hadn't booked our airfare yet so the switch was easy. It is my DH, myself, our girls (5.5 and 10 months), and my mom in 2 rooms.

Only thing I'm trying to figure out is best way to get the Galveston the night before the cruise. We're staying at the Sunspree Holiday Inn in Galveston the night before. Anyone have any suggestions?
lisa3635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Hi lisa3635 and welcome to the thread!

We're driving down ourselves as we live close enough. As far as getting into Galveston the night before, it really makes a difference on which airport you're flying into, either Hobby or Intercontinental (George Bush or whatever it is called nowadays, lived nearby it too long to call it anything other than Intercontinental). Prices vary on different transportation from both.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #28
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

This other thread also has suggestions on airport transfers: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2943736
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Did a couple of searches and here are two companies prices for transfers to the port:

http://www.24hrairporttaxi.com/portofgalveston.html

http://www.houstontowncarandlimo.com...galveston.html

Not even sure if those are up to date, but they do show the price difference for the two major airports.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #30
lisa3635
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvithome View Post
This other thread also has suggestions on airport transfers: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2943736
Thank you that helps a lot. Im not sure yet if were gonna do hobby or bush. We have delta skymiles and flight times are aclittle better out of bush but i like that hobby is closer and smaller.
lisa3635 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: