Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #1456
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekhovgirl View Post
It says here that valet is free for people with handicapped plates, which my parents have. Does that mean that we could park at the Contemporary for free and walk to the park?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/parking.htm
Yes If you are staying at the resort....They require a room key.
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #1457
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

No, we won't be staying there. You have to be a guest to valet?

I wouldn't mind paying for it, if that's kosher for guests who aren't staying there. We may do a meal there on a MK day, so we'd park there eat, go to park, and come back at the end of the day. Is that okay?
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #1458
Protaras76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post

The *girls* were able to *Skype* several times throughout the week.

Although ... IIRC ... the reception was better on the Balcolny (for Skype)

with a Laptop ... Tower 4 (facing the pool) ... YMMV

That's brill thanks can't be out of proper contact with my parents for a whole 2 weeks lol
Protaras76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #1459
A262977
Earning My Ears

I have searched many times...can someone please tell me if Bonnet Creek has a resort fee I.e. the Nick hotel is $30 a day.
A262977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #1460
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A262977 View Post
I have searched many times...can someone please tell me if Bonnet Creek has a resort fee I.e. the Nick hotel is $30 a day.
The timeshare resort.... No. There is however a $5 per person per day (Roundtrip) fee to use the park shuttle.

The Wyndham Grande hotel, Yes. I BELIEVE I remember the Resort fee being $12-$16/day. I forget the exact amount, and it was also last year that I last remembered someone providing any details on it. There is also a daily parking charge (self or valet)

The Hilton Bonnett Creek and the Waldorf Astoria hotels across from the Wyndham properties also charge for parking and a daily resort fee, but I'm not familiar with their current rates either.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #1461
ohionola
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if infants (less than 2) have to pay for the shuttle.
ohionola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #1462
jenny_nichole
Mouseketeer

Question book now or wait for November stay

Hi all,

We discovered WBC last year when we stayed for 12 nights in May and absolutely loved it. (Thanks for the tip disboards!) We went last minute and combined 2 fantastic deals on ebay. (5N in 3BR presidential and 7N in 3BR deluxe)

We are planning a trip to Orlando from 11/6-13/2013. (I am running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon! )

Here's my dilemma:
I have a quote from VS for $625 2BR deluxe or $899 2 BR presidential for the week. Should I hold out until the last minute in hopes of getting a better deal through ebay? Or is this a pretty decent price from this time of year and would it be worth the peace of mind having our room booked?

Still debating whether to go deluxe or presidential too...loved them both...really liked Tower 6, but wonder if we would like to experience a different tower too.

Thanks,
Jennifer
jenny_nichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #1463
jenny_nichole
Mouseketeer

Question about room assignments

Another question:

I've read on here that you can no longer make room requests ahead of time. But can you try to arrive early and request a tower/view upon check-in?

Jennifer
Old 05-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #1464
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'd say shoot for a 7:15/7:30 departure from WBC.

It won't take you long to get to the MK parking lot from the resort (I prefer the shorter driving route that has you get on EPCOT CENTER Drive [a right at the light] than the longer route most people seem to choose that has you make a left at the light and go past MGM and the EPCOT Resort area [thru multiple lights] to get on World Drive). You'll want to take the Ferry across that early (Monorail isn't always running first thing, and the ferry moves more people faster and would allow your DD to stay seated in the stroller).

Generally I'd say at MOST it would take around 45min to get from the resort, park, and and across the 7 seas lagoon to the park gates. Also, Arriving that early you may be close enough to the front of the parking area that you can walk from your car to the park transportation instead of having to get on the parking lot tram.

Thank you!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #1465
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny_nichole View Post
Another question:

I've read on here that you can no longer make room requests ahead of time. But can you try to arrive early and request a tower/view upon check-in?

Jennifer
I called and asked this. I was told it just depends what is available at the time. We're due to arrive in early and was told it just depends. The woman I talked to AT the resort wasnt a big help. Just kept saying thats the new policy and there are no exceptions. By the end of the call I was like whatever!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #1466
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny_nichole View Post
Hi all,

We discovered WBC last year when we stayed for 12 nights in May and absolutely loved it. (Thanks for the tip disboards!) We went last minute and combined 2 fantastic deals on ebay. (5N in 3BR presidential and 7N in 3BR deluxe)

We are planning a trip to Orlando from 11/6-13/2013. (I am running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon! )

Here's my dilemma:
I have a quote from VS for $625 2BR deluxe or $899 2 BR presidential for the week. Should I hold out until the last minute in hopes of getting a better deal through ebay? Or is this a pretty decent price from this time of year and would it be worth the peace of mind having our room booked?

Still debating whether to go deluxe or presidential too...loved them both...really liked Tower 6, but wonder if we would like to experience a different tower too.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Hey Jennifer, I have to ask you. We are staying 2 weeks. One of the weeks we have the option for a free upgrade from a 2br deluxe to a 2 bedroom presidential. Did you feel that it would be worth it for the free upgrade to move in mid stay. I know it will be a pain. Is the difference in the room worth the move in your opinion?
cinderellamom123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #1467
jenny_nichole
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderellamom123 View Post

Hey Jennifer, I have to ask you. We are staying 2 weeks. One of the weeks we have the option for a free upgrade from a 2br deluxe to a 2 bedroom presidential. Did you feel that it would be worth it for the free upgrade to move in mid stay. I know it will be a pain. Is the difference in the room worth the move in your opinion?
Hmmm....packing is a pain, but I think I would go for it. The presidentials are really nice. You would be trading some precious vacation time to pack/unpack for a really nice room in a great location(tower 6). If you don't want to interrupt your day or park time though, you may want to stick with the deluxe room, which is still really nice.

HTH-Jennifer

Old 05-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #1468
nifferearly
Mouseketeer

Good experience with VS!

I want to report on a good customer service experience with Vacation Strategy. My cousin and her family are going to WDW 5/11-5/18. Several months ago, we checked on availability on both 2 and 3 bedroom condos at BC through VS. I contacted them to book a 3 BR and there was confusion on the part of their rep (Fabian) and he confirmed availablity for a 2BR. Then he changed it to a 3BR Presidential but the last night wasn't available. While I was trying to email him to get this resolved, he called my cousin directly and pressured her into booking the 6 night reservation in a Presidential (so more money for 1 less night than originally quoted). I contacted the owner, Humaira, and she read our emails and agreed that there was confusion and apologized if Fabian pressured my cousin. She offered to guarantee me 6 nights in a 3BR Deluxe (possibly a Pres) and would get them in either a 2BR or 3BR for the last night at the original price quoted. I decided not to argue that we'd be overpaying if that last night ended up in a 2BR since they already got a great price ($799) and I'd rather have them move within the resort than check into a separate hotel entirely for the last night.

About 2 weeks ago, I called BC and confirmed the reservation. They had her in a 3BR Pres but only for 6 nights. I contacted Fabian and he immediately replied that she would definitely have a 2BR but they were trying to still get a 3BR for the entire week and would book the last night in her name today. After being slightly stressed about this for the last two weeks, I'm happy to report that BC just confirmed 7 nights in a 3BR Presidential

After a rocky start, I would definitely book with VS again and will recommend them to others. The owner was very concerned about me having a positive experience and I really appreciate their extra effort to get my family in the same unit all week.
nifferearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #1469
Protaras76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohionola View Post
According to their website under 3's are free
Old 05-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #1470
Protaras76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohionola View Post
According to their website under 3's are free