Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #1441
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran
 
ProudMommyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: RedSox/Patriots Nation
Posts: 2,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
On Magic Kingdom days, it's quicker to take a taxi to Bay Lake Towers and walk
to the park.
Actually, you can drive to Contemporary and valet park for $18- in/out as often as you like.
__________________
Me(Pam) DH DS15 DD13

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #1442
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Actually, you can drive to Contemporary and valet park for $18- in/out as often as you like.

Thanks for this information!
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #1443
Protaras76
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 24

Hi does anyone know how much housekeeping fees are for an RCI exchange for a 2 bed? Also what you actually get for your money? Thanks
Protaras76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #1444
Protaras76
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
Sorry it isn't a little clearer
Thanks for that )))))
Protaras76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #1445
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Actually, you can drive to Contemporary and valet park for $18- in/out as often as you like.
Really? I think I would much rather do this than park at TTC and ride monorail/boat to MK. I think that walk is like 10-15 minutes if memory serves me correctly or we can catch the monorail from Contemporary over to MK. Hmm something to think about.
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #1446
Protaras76
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post
WIFI Only at Wyndham Bonnet Creek ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just returned from my vacation @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek (timeshare).

Sorry to say ... WiFi only

The option for High Speed Internet connection (via phone or otherwise)
and bring your own router ... is no longer available.

Informaion was given at Front Desk ... Main Building and Building 6

I can confirm this info is correct in Tower 4 and Tower 6
.................................................. .............................................

By the way if you get an inferior suite location (own preference)
you can pay a housekeeping fee ($99.00) to move the next day ...
to a room location that may become available.

Bell service will make the move for you ... no problem
(if you have other plans for the day)

This option (room change) appears to be a semi standard request
and operates very smoothly within their system ... for a fee.
Oh no was planning on bringing my own router to FaceTime/Skype my parents can't see wifi been much cope for either of these!!
Protaras76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #1447
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!
 
Calirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
But don't forget something that newbies usually don't realize: the trip to the Magic Kingdom is to the parking lot. Once there, you have the added time of taking the boat or monorail.
Huh? You have to take the monorail into the park? Only been there once and it was almost 12 years ago. Could someone explain please? We have CRT at 8:30AM and I dont want to be late.
__________________
DW ~ Honeymoon 9/2001(Hilton) DL ~ CA trip 7/2003DD met her 'Rella for the 1st time 11/2013! (WBC)
Wishing and hoping for Nov-Dec 2016!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #1448
Protaras76
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post

Huh? You have to take the monorail into the park? Only been there once and it was almost 12 years ago. Could someone explain please? We have CRT at 8:30AM and I dont want to be late.
When I was there 3 yrs ago the parking lot is a long way from the park itself and you have to get a monorail or paddle boat the the entrance of the park it can take a while depending on crowds and whether you have just missed 1. If I remember rightly (as we didnt drive last time) you also have to get a bus from your car to the monorail/boat but I do stand corrected on that
Protaras76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #1449
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer
 
DianaPrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya

Huh? You have to take the monorail into the park? Only been there once and it was almost 12 years ago. Could someone explain please? We have CRT at 8:30AM and I dont want to be late.
If you are not staying at a disney resort (or dining at contemporary where you can walk to MK or gf and poly and wl have a resort boat launch) then you park at magic kingdom parking lot. From the lot a tram will take you to your choice of ferry boat or express monorail to MK. Those are your only options to get to the MK gates. Sometimes if you arrive early enough you can park in the MK lot thats close to the monorail/ferry where you just walk a short way no tram needed.
__________________
Proud Disney Bride- @ Sunset Pointe 11/22/02

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
DianaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #1450
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer
 
cinderellamom123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 415

HELP - Dilemma should I move mid-stay for a free presidential upgrade?

We are going for two weeks in August. The person I am renting from has offered to upgrade us for one week to a two bedroom presidential (from a reg 2 bedroom). Is it worth the move in your opinion? Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
cinderellamom123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #1451
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!
 
Calirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protaras76 View Post
When I was there 3 yrs ago the parking lot is a long way from the park itself and you have to get a monorail or paddle boat the the entrance of the park it can take a while depending on crowds and whether you have just missed 1. If I remember rightly (as we didnt drive last time) you also have to get a bus from your car to the monorail/boat but I do stand corrected on that
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaPrince View Post
If you are not staying at a disney resort (or dining at contemporary where you can walk to MK or gf and poly and wl have a resort boat launch) then you park at magic kingdom parking lot. From the lot a tram will take you to your choice of ferry boat or express monorail to MK. Those are your only options to get to the MK gates. Sometimes if you arrive early enough you can park in the MK lot thats close to the monorail/ferry where you just walk a short way no tram needed.



Wow I really dont remember getting on the monorail or ferry. Of course that was 12 years ago. We had stayed at the Hilton and we just went to whatever park the shuttle was taking us to. I remember that sometimes we got in the park early.

So question is- if we drive the rental car and have my DD and her stroller with CRT at 8:30, what would you think would be a good estimate of time to leave WBC? It would be on Tuesday Nov 5th
Might as well sleep in the parking lot the night before.
__________________
DW ~ Honeymoon 9/2001(Hilton) DL ~ CA trip 7/2003DD met her 'Rella for the 1st time 11/2013! (WBC)
Wishing and hoping for Nov-Dec 2016!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #1452
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
Wow I really dont remember getting on the monorail or ferry. Of course that was 12 years ago. We had stayed at the Hilton and we just went to whatever park the shuttle was taking us to. I remember that sometimes we got in the park early.

So question is- if we drive the rental car and have my DD and her stroller with CRT at 8:30, what would you think would be a good estimate of time to leave WBC? It would be on Tuesday Nov 5th
Might as well sleep in the parking lot the night before.
I'd say shoot for a 7:15/7:30 departure from WBC.

It won't take you long to get to the MK parking lot from the resort (I prefer the shorter driving route that has you get on EPCOT CENTER Drive [a right at the light] than the longer route most people seem to choose that has you make a left at the light and go past MGM and the EPCOT Resort area [thru multiple lights] to get on World Drive). You'll want to take the Ferry across that early (Monorail isn't always running first thing, and the ferry moves more people faster and would allow your DD to stay seated in the stroller).

Generally I'd say at MOST it would take around 45min to get from the resort, park, and and across the 7 seas lagoon to the park gates. Also, Arriving that early you may be close enough to the front of the parking area that you can walk from your car to the park transportation instead of having to get on the parking lot tram.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #1453
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer
 
chekhovgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 414

Thanks for all the MK parking info!
__________________


chekhovgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #1454
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer
 
ibob52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 340

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protaras76 View Post
Oh no was planning on bringing my own router to FaceTime/Skype my parents can't see wifi been much cope for either of these!!

The *girls* were able to *Skype* with WBC WiFi ... several times throughout the week.

Although ... IIRC ... the reception was better on the Balcolny (for Skype)

with a Laptop ... Tower 4 (facing the pool) ... YMMV

__________________
*please excuse me if I miss the point*

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place

Last edited by ibob52; 05-09-2013 at 07:45 PM.
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #1455
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer
 
chekhovgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Actually, you can drive to Contemporary and valet park for $18- in/out as often as you like.
It says here that valet is free for people with handicapped plates, which my parents have. Does that mean that we could park at the Contemporary for free and walk to the park?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/parking.htm
__________________


chekhovgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.