Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #1426
ambiancetc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedfamof4 View Post
We just got back from our trip to Disney World and stayed a BC for a week.
We drove our own car and never used the shuttle. We loved coming and going on our own schedule and not having to wait for the shuttle. We also had our AAA parking pass which was wonderful at saving time when getting the parks. You just had a quick walk to the gates or the TTC which saved time when park hopping.

The pools were wonderful! Our favorite spot was the Lazy River behind the check in area. It was less crowded which was nice!

The room was SUPER clean and the kitchen was stocked with pots,pans and dishes that looked brand new.

We also loved how you never had to leave the "bubble" of Disney World. Once we figured out where everything was it was so easy to get around to the parks and DTD. We only left the bubble twice to go to Walmart, which was a short drive. It was nice not to have to get on I-4 after a long day walking the parks.

As I said, we just got back last night and are already booking another trip for December. We will never stay anywhere else besides Bonnet Creek! It was perfect for our family!
Ha! I could have (almost) written this! We checked out the 4th after a glorious 2 week stay. When we first checked in they had us in a first floor room in tower 6 overlooking the pool. I asked if something else was available because while the location would be great for the kids and our son's mobility issues the noise would be a major problem. We ended up tower 4 12th floor, lake view. It was awesome! Loved being so high up. We could see ToT, Everest, AoA, etc and while waiting for the elevator (which was never more than 2 minutes) could see the Epcot ball. We LOVED staying in the bubble. Everything was so easy to get to, the pools were great. The staff were AMAZING with helping us in the deliveries, exchanges etc of multiple shipments to and from places for our son's medical needs. Can't wait to go back in September! Can't imagine not having that kind of space for our party of 6 anymore!
Disney Make-A-Wish Trip for DS!
5/7 - 5/13/2012 -GKTW
Celebration of Life - Let's do it again!
4/19 - 5/3/2013 - WBC
Squeezing the piggy bank again!
9/6-9/13/13 - WBC & 12/3-6/13 - POP- Shhh surprise Mommy Daughter trip for A's Bday!
If I budget really carefully!
FEB 2014
Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #1427
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

BC Travel Times

About how long do we need to allow door to door to each park. More specifically, how much time between when we leave BC (driving) until we are past the turnstiles? My parents have handicapped plates, so that might take a few minutes off of parking? Is handicapped parking better than the AAA Diamond parking?

I ask this especially because I was just reading someone's blog about their recent Disney trip and they said that it took them 45 minutes to actually get in to the park because they were actually at Disneyland and they are now taking pictures of every guest as they enter the park and often the pictures didn't "take" the first time, which caused lines to move very slowly. Are they now doing anything like this at WDW?
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #1428
The Original~Mad4mky
Premier Pass Holder-CA & WDW!

I just booked BC for a week (Nov1-8, 2013). This is our first time staying off Disney property...so I was a bit leery. It's been good reading everyone's posts & tips on the property.
We are Wyndham VIP members-- and figured we might as well use our points-- vs spending big $$ on Coronado Springs or Wilderness Lodge as we usually do( we bought at Dolphin's Cove @ Disneyland--as we live in Northern California).
It was interesting to read about the AAA parking passes. I had never heard of those. You don't get that "perk" on your AAA passes in California. We are Premiere pass holders, and use a handicap placard for my daughter with special needs, so wouldn't use the AAA parking pass---- but what a great tip to pass on for my fellow travelers from California.

Thank you for all of the tips & advice-- I am going to keep reading as our trip calendar clocks down.
WDW-1999
Disney Cruise (Magic)-1999
WDW-2000
Disneyland Paris-2002
Tokyo Disneyland-2009
WDW-2010-July 12-21-National Down Syndrome Conference-Coronado Springs
Disney Magic-Eastern Caribbean-Oct 22-29, 2011
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #1429
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFlash View Post
We are planning a trip next Easter and plan to stay at BC. We found Ken Price first and can rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe for $840/wk. But then my wife found Vacation Strategy and we rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe (I assume probably potentially the exact same unit) for $625/wk. I am not a dummy....that is $215 difference..that is a TS meal & a day's worth snacks for our family of 5 and still maybe some left over.

We would love to hear from those that have rented thru Ken Price and/or VS. Hopefully someone on here has rented from both and can give us some insight as to why we would pay the extra $200+ to go with Ken. We would kinda feel bad if we go with VS because Ken has been very helpful thus far (answered a few emails), but $215 is a lot of obey that would be well spent somewhere else.

So any info....better service with Ken? Horror stories from VS?

Thanks for any help!

I know there have been votes on here for VS and in the end it all worked out ok but here is the main difference and reason for lower price. Once Ken makes your reservation, it is guaranteed, that's it. VS drops your res at 60 days and "fishes" and puts together multiple owner points to book your room. That's why you're not confirmed in advance. Now, they say they have a system but it is always possibly in high season that there are no available units at the 60 day and under point and they will refund your deposit but then you're rebooking.
It is totally up to you what risk you'd like to take and when you are going.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #1430
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original~Mad4mky View Post
I just booked BC for a week (Nov1-8, 2013). This is our first time staying off Disney property...so I was a bit leery. It's been good reading everyone's posts & tips on the property.
We are Wyndham VIP members--
We'll be there Nov 3-10. :D
Since you're VIP, you can make a room request! Lucky You!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #1431
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
I know there have been votes on here for VS and in the end it all worked out ok but here is the main difference and reason for lower price. Once Ken makes your reservation, it is guaranteed, that's it. VS drops your res at 60 days and "fishes" and puts together multiple owner points to book your room. That's why you're not confirmed in advance. Now, they say they have a system but it is always possibly in high season that there are no available units at the 60 day and under point and they will refund your deposit but then you're rebooking.
It is totally up to you what risk you'd like to take and when you are going.
We have used VS in the past and again in 2 weeks. I have read hundreds of comments and threads about VS. Not once have I heard of anyone not having a reservation when they arrived. I would think it would be all over the boards if that ever happened. I dont care how they secure my reservation. As long as I have a room and can save $$ then its a no brainer. Until someone proves otherwise I will continue to use VS and recommend them to everyone looking to book at WBC. Last year and this year I have called WBC to confirm my reservation and have had zero issues. Speculate all you want but an extra $400 savings and a great reputation will get my vote every time
Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #1432
Arkum
Mouseketeer

We got in Saturday night. We booked through VS. when we checked in, they said they were at full capacity and due to this, we would be moved to another room the next day. It really didn't make much sense unless an owner had requested the room we were first placed in. Anyhow, we had to leave all luggage by the dining room table and they moved us to another room in tower 3 which was a much nicer view than what we had in tower 4. They were supposed to do this while we were at the parks. When we returned for an afternoon break around 2:30, our luggage and food was not in the room. We went to the lobby and there was a sense of panic as they weren't sure what had happened to it. (They placed it in storage.) it took at least another 45 min to an hour to get our luggage. Definitely not a smooth check in for us. The room, however, is really roomy and its wonderful to have the space.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #1433
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Ok couple quick questions thinking of booking here for October so from what I gather parking is free at this resort but you pay to park at disney
We have are own car so we won't need the shuttle
Also to book through ken price? Do you get a confirmation number through him and what is the cancellation policy through him?
If I book directly through Wyndham I will pay more?
Is this all correct ?
And I don't get housekeeping at all?
Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 05-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #1434
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Ok couple quick questions thinking of booking here for October so from what I gather parking is free at this resort but you pay to park at disney
Also to book through ken price? Do you get a confirmation number through him and what is the cancellation policy through him?
Is this all correct ?
Thanks
Your pretty good, if I remember right Ken's cancellation policy is 30 days out. We have used him for all if our stays so far and he has been wonderful to work with.

He sends me a confirmation from Wyndham in my name.

We usually bring a car as well, makes it easier to come and go as we please. We usually do the same even if staying onsite too.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #1435
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkum View Post
We got in Saturday night. We booked through VS. when we checked in, they said they were at full capacity and due to this, we would be moved to another room the next day. It really didn't make much sense unless an owner had requested the room we were first placed in. Anyhow, we had to leave all luggage by the dining room table and they moved us to another room in tower 3 which was a much nicer view than what we had in tower 4. They were supposed to do this while we were at the parks. When we returned for an afternoon break around 2:30, our luggage and food was not in the room. We went to the lobby and there was a sense of panic as they weren't sure what had happened to it. (They placed it in storage.) it took at least another 45 min to an hour to get our luggage. Definitely not a smooth check in for us. The room, however, is really roomy and its wonderful to have the space.
Sounds like they had to book you as a split stay to get l your nights.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #1436
DisneyFlash
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Is this all correct ?
Thanks
Yes..you get a confirmation # with Ken. Initially the confirmation # is in his name and he shares that with you...it is on the rental agreement. Once you sign the agreement and return it with your deposit, then you are set and no chance your resizes will go away (unless you cancel). You cancel at any time as long the ressie is still in his name and expect a full refund...as PP said I believe this up until you are inside of 30 days til your arrival. At that point if you would cancel you will forfeit $99. Ken will send you a letter from WBC with the confirmation # and YOUR NAME on the ressie at that 30 day point. At about 14 days to 10 days out he will make any request you may have since he is a VIP owner.

Yes you will pay more if going thru Wyndham directly.

Also, as another PP mentioned.....my understanding is also that VS takes your deposit, then at the 60 day mark they "go looking" for a better deal and pool points together to give a better price. We reasoned that "since we have never seen or heard of anyone not getting into their ressie, then all must be well. We too assumed it would be all over the boards."[But since we will be traveling at a high time, then we did not want to take the chance. We went with Ken. Really liked his response when I asked him about the price difference. I felt he deserved a chance to respond and we deserved a chance to make an informed on decision. We are comfortable with going with Ken and others are comfortable with VS.

Hope this helps!

[/B]
Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #1437
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekhovgirl View Post
About how long do we need to allow door to door to each park. More specifically, how much time between when we leave BC (driving) until we are past the turnstiles? My parents have handicapped plates, so that might take a few minutes off of parking? Is handicapped parking better than the AAA Diamond parking?

I ask this especially because I was just reading someone's blog about their recent Disney trip and they said that it took them 45 minutes to actually get in to the park because they were actually at Disneyland and they are now taking pictures of every guest as they enter the park and often the pictures didn't "take" the first time, which caused lines to move very slowly. Are they now doing anything like this at WDW?
No, they're doing nothing like it in Florida.

Hollywood Studios, about 15 minutes (five minute drive or less).

Epcot is maybe 20 minutes (ten minute drive).

Animal Kingdom 25 minutes (15 minute drive).

Magic Kingdom 45 minutes (ten minute drive).
Old 05-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #1438
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post

But don't forget something that newbies usually don't realize: the trip to the Magic Kingdom is to the parking lot. Once there, you have the added time of taking the boat or monorail.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #1439
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post

Thanks so much, this is very helpful!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #1440
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
But don't forget something that newbies usually don't realize: the trip to the Magic Kingdom is to the parking lot. Once there, you have the added time of taking the boat or monorail.
On Magic Kingdom days, it's quicker to take a taxi to Bay Lake Towers and walk
to the park.
Closed Thread