Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #1411
FairyCC
Earning My Ears

I apologize if this has been asked before, but does BC offer fullsized baby cribs or only pack n plays? We can't go with the pnp or a "wait to see if it's available" scenario, we WILL need a crib when we get there (so if they don't have them, I will be renting one).... Thanks!
2009- "Disneymoon" 2 weeks!
2010- August (1st Anniversary)
2011- May & September
2013- September! DS's 1st WDW trip!

FairyCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #1412
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCC View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before, but does BC offer fullsized baby cribs or only pack n plays? We can't go with the pnp or a "wait to see if it's available" scenario, we WILL need a crib when we get there (so if they don't have them, I will be renting one).... Thanks!
If that's the case, I'd recommend going ahead and renting one.

I'm honestly not sure what the crib/pack&play situation is at the resort, but since it's a timeshare resort and not a hotel, i wouldn't expect a lot of extras like you might get at a regular full-service hotel.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #1413
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCC View Post
They have pack 'n' plays and they high chairs.

If you want a full crib, I would rent. I've stayed in a lot of Orlando hotels and never seen a full crib.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #1414
Rosebud123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFlash View Post
We are planning a trip next Easter and plan to stay at BC. We found Ken Price first and can rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe for $840/wk. But then my wife found Vacation Strategy and we rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe (I assume probably potentially the exact same unit) for $625/wk. I am not a dummy....that is $215 difference..that is a TS meal & a day's worth snacks for our family of 5 and still maybe some left over.

We would love to hear from those that have rented thru Ken Price and/or VS. Hopefully someone on here has rented from both and can give us some insight as to why we would pay the extra $200+ to go with Ken. We would kinda feel bad if we go with VS because Ken has been very helpful thus far (answered a few emails), but $215 is a lot of obey that would be well spent somewhere else.

So any info....better service with Ken? Horror stories from VS?

Thanks for any help!
I rented with Ken last year, and I just booked through him for Easter of next year. I know VS is usually cheaper, but Ken & Denise have been around for years and years and I've never heard one bad thing about them. They respond to emails ASAP, and I just really like feeling like they are 100% trustworthy. I know that more people use VS now and everything seems to work out, but I've read lots of posts about people not hearing back from emails, especially right before a trip. If you don't stress easily, VS is probably a good choice. To me, it wasn't worth the $150 (we're going for 10 nights) to be worried. I have total confidence that VU is still going to be around 11 months from now.
Rosebud123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #1415
tammyroo
Mouseketeer

To ease any ongoing worries for anyone who has booked with VS
We are due to arrive late on Thurs, May 16 and I called the resort today to notify them of our very late arrival. We were in the system and the front desk person made a note of our arrival time.
We haven't received any confirmation info from VS but they have obviously followed through with our reservation and I don't anticipate any issues.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #1416
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

What dates are you staying? When I inquired about Easter, I was quoted $120/night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFlash View Post
We are planning a trip next Easter and plan to stay at BC. We found Ken Price first and can rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe for $840/wk. But then my wife found Vacation Strategy and we rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe (I assume probably potentially the exact same unit) for $625/wk. I am not a dummy....that is $215 difference..that is a TS meal & a day's worth snacks for our family of 5 and still maybe some left over.

We would love to hear from those that have rented thru Ken Price and/or VS. Hopefully someone on here has rented from both and can give us some insight as to why we would pay the extra $200+ to go with Ken. We would kinda feel bad if we go with VS because Ken has been very helpful thus far (answered a few emails), but $215 is a lot of obey that would be well spent somewhere else.

So any info....better service with Ken? Horror stories from VS?

Thanks for any help!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #1417
DisneyFlash
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekhovgirl View Post
What dates are you staying? When I inquired about Easter, I was quoted $120/night.
We are staying 4/18-4/25, so right at Easter. $840/wk translates into $120/night.

Now if you were asking about VS prices then all I can say is the $625 was an online we received after inputting the dates mentioned above.

After reading a bunch on this board and even corresponding with Ken about the difference we have decided overwhelmingly to book with Ken... Even though we will pay more. Peace of mind being one reason and Ken's professionalism and timeliness in his communication for another!

It really boils down to what each person is comfortable with and what factors in the most fir your decision making.... Kinda like "onsite vs. offsite".... What's important to ya?

We have our dates, we have our place and now just about 347 days or so til we arrive! So, we are happy thus far.

Good luck on your decision!
DisneyFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #1418
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Sorry, yes, I was referencing the VS price. We have a reservation with them for February, but were thinking about Easter as well. FWIW, so far our experience with VS has been good. They gave us a quote via e-mail and somebody called us and left a direct extension number. When I called with a few questions he said that I had been misquoted and I thought that it would be more, but it was slightly less, so that was good! I feel comfortable booking with them.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #1419
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer

Im not sure this has been asked before,but, do they have any disney info tv channels here i.e. Stacy? Also,what are the pools like,as far as which ones are better for kids under like 10? Thanks

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
DianaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #1420
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Can anyone tell me if you have to pay the 14.99 to join redweek to contact owners? Thanks!
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #1421
tammyroo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaPrince View Post
Im not sure this has been asked before,but, do they have any disney info tv channels here i.e. Stacy? Also,what are the pools like,as far as which ones are better for kids under like 10? Thanks
I am fairly sure I saw an earlier post that said Stacy is alive and well at WBC.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #1422
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyroo

I am fairly sure I saw an earlier post that said Stacy is alive and well at WBC.
Very cool! Gotta go through here agian and see if I can find that post. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #1423
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyroo View Post
Trust me ... Stacy is still there ... very much so ...

@ WBC TV network (as per visit May 2013)

*!*! Disney is my Happy ~ Place !*!*

*please excuse me if I miss the point*
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #1424
KDsmommy
Earning My Ears

Yep, saw lots of Stacy last week at WBC!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #1425
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDsmommy
Yep, saw lots of Stacy last week at WBC!
Thats great! My boys just cant start thier disney days without watching her countdown! Thanks for the info.