Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #1396
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Right now we have a reservation for vacation week in February. I really want to go then instead of April because 1. it's sooner! and 2. I'll need a break from the NE cold.

My husband suggested going in April, but Easter and Patriots' Day (when we have school break here in MA) are literally right next to each other in 2014. On the Vacation Upgrades site, that is listed as Value Season. I'm wondering what the difference in price will be. I can ask them for a price quote, but I'd like to have a reference point from others. I would think these date would be in high demand.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #1397
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekhovgirl View Post
Right now we have a reservation for vacation week in February. I really want to go then instead of April because 1. it's sooner! and 2. I'll need a break from the NE cold.

My husband suggested going in April, but Easter and Patriots' Day (when we have school break here in MA) are literally right next to each other in 2014. On the Vacation Upgrades site, that is listed as Value Season. I'm wondering what the difference in price will be. I can ask them for a price quote, but I'd like to have a reference point from others. I would think these date would be in high demand.

Thanks!
When shopping for Bonnet Creek, my advice is compare prices for certain reservations and don't concern yourself at all with the point totals.

Unlike DVC, there are multiple ways Wyndham timeshare owners can use to get discounts on the points needed to make a reservation.

In the end, if you go at a less popular time, like February, you will pay less than during a peak time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #1398
DisneyFlash
Earning My Ears

VU vs. VS

We are planning a trip next Easter and plan to stay at BC. We found Ken Price first and can rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe for $840/wk. But then my wife found Vacation Strategy and we rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe (I assume probably potentially the exact same unit) for $625/wk. I am not a dummy....that is $215 difference..that is a TS meal & a day's worth snacks for our family of 5 and still maybe some left over.

We would love to hear from those that have rented thru Ken Price and/or VS. Hopefully someone on here has rented from both and can give us some insight as to why we would pay the extra $200+ to go with Ken. We would kinda feel bad if we go with VS because Ken has been very helpful thus far (answered a few emails), but $215 is a lot of obey that would be well spent somewhere else.

So any info....better service with Ken? Horror stories from VS?

Thanks for any help!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #1399
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFlash View Post
We are planning a trip next Easter and plan to stay at BC. We found Ken Price first and can rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe for $840/wk. But then my wife found Vacation Strategy and we rent a 2 BDRM Deluxe (I assume probably potentially the exact same unit) for $625/wk. I am not a dummy....that is $215 difference..that is a TS meal & a day's worth snacks for our family of 5 and still maybe some left over.

We would love to hear from those that have rented thru Ken Price and/or VS. Hopefully someone on here has rented from both and can give us some insight as to why we would pay the extra $200+ to go with Ken. We would kinda feel bad if we go with VS because Ken has been very helpful thus far (answered a few emails), but $215 is a lot of obey that would be well spent somewhere else.

Thanks for any help!
We just returned from WBC and we had booked through VS and the complete process was seamless, and would book with VS again in a heart beat.

And yes VU quote was higher than VS quote.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #1400
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for any help!
VS could not get us a room for our last trip and Ken could so we went with Ken and Denise. He and his wife are very sweet. They got us a great room with a fireworks view. I would more than likely go with Ken and Denise again even though they might be more expensive because I was extremely happy with their service.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #1401
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedfamof4 View Post
We just got back from our trip to Disney World and stayed a BC for a week. We had a wonderful experience and booked through VS. The front desk was very accommodating while trying to honor our prior requests. We had a 2 bedroom deluxe on a high floor in Tower 5 with a firework view and it was perfect!! While it would have been nice to have a lake view, we enjoyed looking out to Epcot everyday and seeing the fireworks at night when we were in our room. Also, the lake view could have been loud when the pools were busy, so it was nice and peaceful on the balcony having an Epcot view.

We drove our own car and never used the shuttle. We loved coming and going on our own schedule and not having to wait for the shuttle. We also had our AAA parking pass which was wonderful at saving time when getting the parks. You just had a quick walk to the gates or the TTC which saved time when park hopping.

The pools were wonderful! Our favorite spot was the Lazy River behind the check in area. It was less crowded which was nice!

The room was SUPER clean and the kitchen was stocked with pots,pans and dishes that looked brand new.

We also loved how you never had to leave the "bubble" of Disney World. Once we figured out where everything was it was so easy to get around to the parks and DTD. We only left the bubble twice to go to Walmart, which was a short drive. It was nice not to have to get on I-4 after a long day walking the parks.

As I said, we just got back last night and are already booking another trip for December. We will never stay anywhere else besides Bonnet Creek! It was perfect for our family!
I am glad you had a great trip! Can you tell me how you got a AAA parking pass? I have a AAA membership but I don't know how to get the parking pass. Do I just call them and request it? Do I have to buy my park tickets from them? Thanks!
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #1402
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

We are going to be at Disney with my parents, using their car, and my mom has handicapped plates. Is the handicapped area closer than the Diamond parking area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
I am glad you had a great trip! Can you tell me how you got a AAA parking pass? I have a AAA membership but I don't know how to get the parking pass. Do I just call them and request it? Do I have to buy my park tickets from them? Thanks!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #1403
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

I have not used VS. I have booked through Ken and Denise 9-10 times, 4 times in a presidential. I have always gotten the inside 60 day price. I like presidential units with specific views and layout (found out they vary), and Ken patiently finds them for me. For my upcoming trip he was not able to give the cheaper price due to full occupancy, right up until 30 days prior to arrival. Tells me he was continuing to look to save me money even though I had paid in full. I am not going to receive that type of service anywhere else.

I will continue to book through Ken and Denise.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #1404
nifferearly
Mouseketeer

AAA diamond parking pass is available if you purchase your tickets through AAA. The spots are next to the handicapped section. If you have a handicapped person in your party, I would park in that area. When we were at Disney the week after Easter, we were not allowed to park in the AAA section every day. MK was blacked out on the pass that week, but the other parks were not. The parking people told us it was too busy, though, at AK and HS and they weren't allowing it. But the spots are great when you can use it!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #1405
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for any help!
Here is another vote for Vacation Strategy. We used them last year with zero issues and have booked again with them for this year (leave in 2 weeks). We priced every option I could find and did tons of research last year before booking because I was skeptical due to the low price. I have yet to hear one bad review of Vacation Strategy and will continue to use them in years to come.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #1406
Martijo
Earning My Ears

Just wondering....
I am hoping to book 4 nights the second week in July at BC in a 2BR. VS has no availability for my dates, and I am holding out the 4 days to my 60 day window before I contact VU. Anyone have any luck getting a room booked within 60 days for that busy time of year? Hoping for a little reassurance that it will all work out while i wait 4 looonnngg days!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #1407
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijo View Post
Just wondering....
I am hoping to book 4 nights the second week in July at BC in a 2BR. VS has no availability for my dates, and I am holding out the 4 days to my 60 day window before I contact VU. Anyone have any luck getting a room booked within 60 days for that busy time of year? Hoping for a little reassurance that it will all work out while i wait 4 looonnngg days!
Not the same dates but when we're going in June VS and VU were both booked. Farrell had availability during our dates but he never responded after I told him we were ready to book, so I found another renter on vrbo...Jeff Hudson. He's been incredible to work with!

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #1408
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

WIFI Only at Wyndham Bonnet Creek ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just returned from my vacation @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek (timeshare).

Sorry to say ... WiFi only

The option for High Speed Internet connection (via phone or otherwise)
and bring your own router ... is no longer available.

Informaion was given at Front Desk ... Main Building and Building 6

I can confirm this info is correct in Tower 4 and Tower 6
.................................................. .............................................

By the way if you get an inferior suite location (own preference)
you can pay a housekeeping fee ($99.00) to move the next day ...
to a room location that may become available.

Bell service will make the move for you ... no problem
(if you have other plans for the day)

This option (room change) appears to be a semi standard request
and operates very smoothly within their system ... for a fee.

*!*! Disney is my Happy ~ Place !*!*

*please excuse me if I miss the point*

Last edited by ibob52; 05-06-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #1409
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijo View Post
Just wondering....
I looked on the Wyndham owner website and it looks like BC is booked solid for the second week of July. Your best bet may be to look on eBay, quite often you can find someone who has already booked specific dates and then auctions it off.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #1410
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifferearly View Post
AAA diamond parking pass is available if you purchase your tickets through AAA. The spots are next to the handicapped section. If you have a handicapped person in your party, I would park in that area. When we were at Disney the week after Easter, we were not allowed to park in the AAA section every day. MK was blacked out on the pass that week, but the other parks were not. The parking people told us it was too busy, though, at AK and HS and they weren't allowing it. But the spots are great when you can use it!
I also wanted to point out that you still need to pay to park with the AAA parking pass. It just gets you closer to the gate.
Closed Thread