Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #1381
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCC View Post
We got a 2Br... can anyone suggest if we should add a request for a specific floor or bldg location? We will have our DS who will be 22 mons with us and most nights we will be in the room so he can be in bed by 7:30.... (we are planning one firework night) Anyway, any tips if we should make a room request would be helpful.
I called bc I am an owner and was told unless you are a owner with VIP, Platinum or Gold status they will NOT take any requests.
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #1382
disneyfreak7
Mouseketeer

I think someone asked before but didn't get an answer. I know the shuttle is $5 roundtrip. We are renting a car but have 3 older kids (21,19,18) and 2 younger (11,9). If we leave with the rental car and the older kids stay til park closing and take the shuttle will they be charged roundtrip $5 or just one way?

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...crrvt3digw.png
disneyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #1383
lm1981
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak7 View Post
I think someone asked before but didn't get an answer. I know the shuttle is $5 roundtrip. We are renting a car but have 3 older kids (21,19,18) and 2 younger (11,9). If we leave with the rental car and the older kids stay til park closing and take the shuttle will they be charged roundtrip $5 or just one way?
I am also wondering the same thing as my family is in the same situation

Also, does anyone know if there are any quiet pools? By the time we get to WBC, it will be my daughter's nap time and I doubt our room will be ready. I figure if there is a quiet pool, we can stake out a shady spot with a couple of lounge chairs and hopefully she can have a short nap there.
lm1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #1384
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm1981 View Post
I am also wondering the same thing as my family is in the same situation

Also, does anyone know if there are any quiet pools? By the time we get to WBC, it will be my daughter's nap time and I doubt our room will be ready. I figure if there is a quiet pool, we can stake out a shady spot with a couple of lounge chairs and hopefully she can have a short nap there.
I haven't spent much time around the place during the day, but I'm thinking that the closest you'll get to a "quiet pool" will the be one at the hotel.

Remember that all the pools are between the buildings and the lakes. Unlike Disney where the resorts are spread out more like a campus, and the "quiet pools" will be a little ways away from the other pools and usually separated by some buildings or foliage, There aren't any real barriers between the pools that will help block the louder sounds that could be coming from other pool areas.

That said, Tower 5 has the lazy river and zero entry which is a large draw for kids and families. Tower 4's pool is a bit more adult, but also has one of the pool bars and a lazy river exit (from tower 5's pool), so it's likely to have it's own form of noise.

The Main building pool has a lazy river and kids splash area.

tower 3 has a slide, Kids splash area, and the other timeshare resort pool bar.

Tower 6 is zero entry, the Pirate ship pool, and has a slide.... so again, big family/kid draw.

That leave the hotel pool. It has a zero entry section and a pool bar.... but is a lot less themed and more open (not sure about shade TBH.... though the last time I was there was shortly after it opened, so I dunno if foliage has had a chance to grow out and create more shadey places since then). Just due to the nature of the pool, It's a much more "adult" pool and vibe which is less likely to draw the kids and families than some of the other pools at the resort..... That being said... as I mentioned, i'm not very sure of the likelihood of finding a nice shaded spot at this particular pool. also, it's literally right next to Tower 6's pirate ship pool, so you are going to get a lot of noise carried over from the Tower 6 pool.

Depending upon how quiet she needs it to be to nap, You might have some luck in the activity centers.... or maybe even just lounging on the couch and chairs in the lobby area. Mid-day I definately would think that the main checkin lobby would be a much more relaxed (and quiet) area that the pools with all the kids playing around the area.

Also.... For the shuttle questions, unfortunately I can't help you there. I haven't visited the resort since the shuttles started charging, so I can't share any personal knowledge on how it works in practice. Someone who's visited since they started charging for the shuttles might be able to give you some information on how it works.... or you could call the resort and see if they might be able to answer the questoins for you.

Another option, if Push comes to shove, Would be to have the older kids take a Disney shuttle to a nearby Disney resort, Such as CBR, POP, or the Boardwalk. It might be easier to meet them (pick them up) from these resorts than it would be to get them from the park.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #1385
Mom-2-2Princesses
Mouseketeer

Just booked!

We just booked our second stay at BC for Easter 2014 and are thrilled to be going back! We went through VS this time (as they were nearly $20/night less than either VU or Farrell's-- I wonder why that is?), and I'm feeling good about the price and the communication so far. Jeff was really pleasant to deal with and responsive in helping me get booked.

Did I read correctly that you no longer have to stop at the parking pass desk? I hope that is the case!
Mom-2-2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #1386
cdykes
Earning My Ears

Current Shuttle Schedule

Hi Everyone - Thanks for all of the helpful information. Will be staying at WBC in June and I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the current shuttle schedule. I am a planner and would like to get an idea of our options for coming and going.

Thanks!
cdykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #1387
kkgordon02
Mouseketeer

I would love a schedule as well. Or maybe a link to where to find it. Going June 5-12. Thanks
kkgordon02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #1388
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Sorry it isn't a little clearer

Old 05-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #1389
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
I called bc I am an owner and was told unless you are a owner with VIP, Platinum or Gold status they will NOT take any requests.
From personal experience, if we return we decided to not make a request. The last 3 visits, we requested a lake view. We've overlooked the parking lot, the garage roof and a bus stop. I know everyone cannot get a lake view and we do enjoy the resort, but honestly having lousy views really took away the vacation "resort" feeling. But again, it might just be us. I think it's best to hope for pixie dust
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #1390
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Well, I've been on hold with WBC for over half an hour, hoping to at least be able to get units for my family that are close to one another. It's ridiculous if they won't even take that kind of request. What kind of a family vacation is it if we're spread out all over the resort? Jeff at Vacation Strategy had said he would take care of this. He did not. Needless to say, I'm less than happy with what passes for customer service.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #1391
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Well, I've been on hold with WBC for over half an hour, hoping to at least be able to get units for my family that are close to one another. It's ridiculous if they won't even take that kind of request. What kind of a family vacation is it if we're spread out all over the resort? Jeff at Vacation Strategy had said he would take care of this. He did not. Needless to say, I'm less than happy with what passes for customer service.
Are you there? Last trip when we checked in I was able to make the request for a lower floor since I am a little afraid of heights and they were kind enough to move us around. We just had to check in later.

This trip I have 2 rooms and Ken put the request in that they be near and in the same building, we will see next week how that works out

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #1392
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Is it possible to only rent for a partial week at WBC? I currently have a reservation through Vacation Strategy for 8 nights, but my husband would like to split our vacation between Disney and Ana Maria Island. So I was thinking of reducing my reservation to 4 nights at WBC. I can call VS tomorrow. I was just wondering if they'll do a stay less than a week.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #1393
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Is it possible to only rent for a partial week at WBC? I currently have a reservation through Vacation Strategy for 8 nights, but my husband would like to split our vacation between Disney and Ana Maria Island. So I was thinking of reducing my reservation to 4 nights at WBC. I can call VS tomorrow. I was just wondering if they'll do a stay less than a week.
Yes you can. The price per night will usually be a bit more
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #1394
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
Yes you can. The price per night will usually be a bit more
Thank you. We're still in the deciding stage but I think this will be the plan
Old 05-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #1395
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our trip to Disney World and stayed a BC for a week. We had a wonderful experience and booked through VS. The front desk was very accommodating while trying to honor our prior requests. We had a 2 bedroom deluxe on a high floor in Tower 5 with a firework view and it was perfect!! While it would have been nice to have a lake view, we enjoyed looking out to Epcot everyday and seeing the fireworks at night when we were in our room. Also, the lake view could have been loud when the pools were busy, so it was nice and peaceful on the balcony having an Epcot view.

We drove our own car and never used the shuttle. We loved coming and going on our own schedule and not having to wait for the shuttle. We also had our AAA parking pass which was wonderful at saving time when getting the parks. You just had a quick walk to the gates or the TTC which saved time when park hopping.

The pools were wonderful! Our favorite spot was the Lazy River behind the check in area. It was less crowded which was nice!

The room was SUPER clean and the kitchen was stocked with pots,pans and dishes that looked brand new.

We also loved how you never had to leave the "bubble" of Disney World. Once we figured out where everything was it was so easy to get around to the parks and DTD. We only left the bubble twice to go to Walmart, which was a short drive. It was nice not to have to get on I-4 after a long day walking the parks.

As I said, we just got back last night and are already booking another trip for December. We will never stay anywhere else besides Bonnet Creek! It was perfect for our family!
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote