Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #1351
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
More people go to Disney from our area than anywhere in the country. That's why Disney sends characters to the Philly Thanksgiving parade over any other parade.

Regarding a security deposit, is it possible that the folks who book directly with the resort on cash are asked to provide one, while owners are not?
Makes sense as PA is one of the most densely populated states in the country. Just good business sense. I would love to visit that area someday.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #1352
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmcan View Post
I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to say that I just called to request a tower for our May 28th stay and I was told that they no longer take requests for views/towers unless you are the owner. This is a service/ammenity of being an owner. My in-laws are the owners so maybe I should have my mil call and see if she can request for us.

Has anyone else run into this? Maybe I missed it on here as I haven't read the entire thread.
I have not seen anything before on that policy or experienced it, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are many, many threads about people wanting to know how to make requests, how to get a fireworks view, etc. If all those people are calling the resort ahead of time, it is likely becoming an issue for the staff -- or at least they have noticed it and are looking for a way to create a benefit for Wyndham owners. They know that Bonnet Creek is popular with renters. Perhaps they think they can sell a few more timeshares with the benefit of "We'll take your requests."

Disney resorts have solved much of the "request-itis" by charging more for "fireworks views, water view, etc." At Bonnet Creek, the room you get is pretty much the luck of the draw -- and now it may be more "luck" than ever.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #1353
cruisinpan567
Mouseketeer

I am hoping someone can help me with a few questions. 1st, what is the best way to book a stay at WBC? 2nd, who has the best deal? 3rd, how is the transportation to the parks?

Thanks
cruisinpan567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1354
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmcan View Post
I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to say that I just called to request a tower for our May 28th stay and I was told that they no longer take requests for views/towers unless you are the owner. This is a service/ammenity of being an owner.
Woohoo! I'm going to call and hopefully make my request. Finally something after missing out on all the perks of staying onsite-(DP, EMH, free trasnport).
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #1355
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Poo! The only requests they take are from Gold, Platinum, or VIP owners. Thats it. I've been paying on this timeshare for TEN YEARS now. That stinks.
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #1356
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
I have not seen anything before on that policy or experienced it, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are many, many threads about people wanting to know how to make requests, how to get a fireworks view, etc. If all those people are calling the resort ahead of time, it is likely becoming an issue for the staff -- or at least they have noticed it and are looking for a way to create a benefit for Wyndham owners. They know that Bonnet Creek is popular with renters. Perhaps they think they can sell a few more timeshares with the benefit of "We'll take your requests."

Disney resorts have solved much of the "request-itis" by charging more for "fireworks views, water view, etc." At Bonnet Creek, the room you get is pretty much the luck of the draw -- and now it may be more "luck" than ever.
Wyndham got on board with this at the newer resorts and charges more points for views and location.

BC might be responding from owner complaints, because initially requests were for owners only and more specifically VIP owners. In the case of renting from a VIP owner and getting them to make the request - it may work; however, VIP benefits do not convey to renters.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #1357
OasterP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
More people go to Disney from our area than anywhere in the country. That's why Disney sends characters to the Philly Thanksgiving parade over any other parade.

Regarding a security deposit, is it possible that the folks who book directly with the resort on cash are asked to provide one, while owners are not?
That is so crazy! I wouldn't even have thought of that. Makes sense though!
OasterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #1358
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

I just put down a deposit on a 2 bed deluxe for February 2014! It will be our first time staying off site. My parents are going to be with us, so we're looking forward to the space BC will afford us for a nice price, not to mention the amenities and freedom to not eat Disney food for every meal.

We'll be going during school vacation week, so I wanted to get on this early! I reserved through Vacation Strategy. They beat the other two quotes we got by $20 per night.

chekhovgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #1359
JenDett
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak7 View Post
Thanks. I assume since it's a timeshare condo there is no mousekeeping, sorry housekeeping that comes in and leaves more shampoo? So with 5 kids I better bring plenty of soap and shampoo!
According to the 1st post in this thread, refills of all supplies are available for free at the front desk. We haven't been yet, so I am not sure if that is outdated information.
JenDett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #1360
FirstTripEver
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to ask a quick pricing question and find out if this is a decent deal or not???

A 2BR Deluxe Villa at Bonnet Creek for 4 nights (arriving on a Thursday) in late January for a total of $576.

Thumbs up or down on the pricing?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
FirstTripEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #1361
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTripEver View Post
I just wanted to ask a quick pricing question and find out if this is a decent deal or not???

A 2BR Deluxe Villa at Bonnet Creek for 4 nights (arriving on a Thursday) in late January for a total of $576.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Keep searching. That seems high. We only paid $89/night for low season. Not sure if its cheaper by the week though, as we were staying for 7 nights.
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #1362
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTripEver View Post

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
We're paying 120 a night for a 2 bdrm deluxe for the last week of August. Our dates go into Labor Day weekend. I'm not sure if that's high to be honest. 120 a night was the same quote for the same week last year as well so I was ok with it. I've seen people get lower but it seems to be at less popular times of year.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #1363
Cynt
DIS Veteran

I recommend checking ebay. I found ebay to be cheaper. Most of the people will check your specific dates if you don't see them posted. Just send them a message.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #1364
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Just.a quick post to see my time banner at 5 days and counting.

Edit - should be 5 days. Moved it back a couple. 2nd time at WBC. Can't wait!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #1365
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
Just.a quick post to see my time banner at 5 days and counting.

Edit - should be 5 days. Moved it back a couple. 2nd time at WBC. Can't wait!!!
Looks like we'll be there about the same time. We are eight days out! It will be our first time at BC. I'm a little nervous though, because we booked through VS. I've emailed them twice in the last two weeks and can't get them to email me back. I just want to know I have a place to stay when we get down there. I called Bonnet Creek yesterday and they don't have us in the system.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote