Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #121
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I have an ADR for 9:15 in AK with Tusker House and I wasn't sure 1) how early the buses start running, 2) where they drop us off at and 3) what would be the best suggested way to get to AK at around 8:30-8:40? We have a car but we really do not want to pay to park with all the free transportation.
It's only about $15. To make an ADR time, I'd just drive.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #122
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMickey View Post
Are there any public showers at BC? Wondering if we have to check out and spend the day at the pool if we can shower before heading to the airport for a late flight.
I know the restrooms by Tower 4 pool/lazy river had showers in the womens, so I would assume the same for men's.

nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #123
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
We arrived at WBC yesterday and are very happy with our 4 BR presidential in tower 1. The resort is clean, the staff very pleasant, and we love the space/location. It is perfect for our family of 5 adults and 3 kids. Everyone has their own bathroom and it doesn't feel as crowded as our last trip at AKL in a 2 bedroom villa.
Ahhhh...you have our room . I LOVED that floor plan. I'd take it again, but I think I'd like to try another tower on the lake side though. The parking lot/conservation/Disney view was very peaceful though, so I didn't really mind it a bit.

I.am.so.jealous . Enjoy!

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #124
barbaraann
Chicago Gal

I am a Wyndham owner, and I just booked a 2 bedroom unit for April the 12th, for one week. I stayed at this Resort back in August of 2009. It appears they have added some stuff since then.

Can anyone answer this question. Is there now a restaurant, and a convenience store? Last time we were there, we did not spend much time at the resort, because it was a mostly Disney vacation. This time, that might be much different.
barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #125
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraann View Post
I am a Wyndham owner, and I just booked a 2 bedroom unit for April the 12th, for one week. I stayed at this Resort back in August of 2009. It appears they have added some stuff since then.

Can anyone answer this question. Is there now a restaurant, and a convenience store? Last time we were there, we did not spend much time at the resort, because it was a mostly Disney vacation. This time, that might be much different.
I think the 2 pool bars and the little shop in the main lobby were there in 2009 when I went.

Last year the Grande opened, which added another couple restaurants to the property.

The Hilton/Waldorf has opened across the street from the Grande which also has some nice places to eat. (Easy enough to just walk thru the grande and cross the street to the Hilton/Waldorf)
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #126
harvey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
I know the restrooms by Tower 4 pool/lazy river had showers in the womens, so I would assume the same for men's.
There are men and women's shower rooms in the main check-in tower. They are all the way to the right as you come out the doors to the pool area. Very nice. We used them after checking-in while we waited for our unit to be ready.

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #127
barbaraann
Chicago Gal

What is this Grande That I have been reading about?
barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #128
artemis4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I think the 2 pool bars and the little shop in the main lobby were there in 2009 when I went.

Last year the Grande opened, which added another couple restaurants to the property.

The Hilton/Waldorf has opened across the street from the Grande which also has some nice places to eat. (Easy enough to just walk thru the grande and cross the street to the Hilton/Waldorf)
There is a little convenience store with limited supplies in the lobby of the main building.

For restaurants, we had a wonderful date night dinner at Deep Blu in the the Grand hotel. The food was great. We ordered from the prix fixe menu for September's Orlando Magical Dining event, and it truly was a good deal. I'm still dreaming of the mango caviar that was on my dessert!

We also at a dinner at the Back Bay Pool Bar & Grill at the Grand on our arrival day. The burgers were very good and absolutely huge, but the food wasn't worth the price in my opinion ($15/burger & fries). We were going to eat somewhere on Apopka Vineland that night, but time got away from us, so we ate at the resort. It was the one meal of the trip my husband is complaining about because he feels we paid too much, and I do agree.

The Grand is a hotel that is in between towers 6 and 3, IIRC.

Artemis4, DH, DD16, DD14 DS11, and DS7.
Sept 2015: Offsite TBD
Sept 2012: WBC

artemis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #129
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Wyndham Grand hotel is located in the same complex as Bonnet Creek. It's a regular deluxe hotel, not a timeshare resort like the rest of the resort.

Even if you are staying in the time-share resort you can enjoy the Grand's restaurants and pool.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #130
DCTooTall

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
The Wyndham Grand hotel is located in the same complex as Bonnet Creek. It's a regular deluxe hotel, not a timeshare resort like the rest of the resort.

Even if you are staying in the time-share resort you can enjoy the Grand's restaurants and pool.
http://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com/

As they mentioned, it's the new hotel on the resort property. The pricing is not as good as what you can rent one of the timeshare units for, and you must pay both a resort fee and parking fee on top of your nightly rate. The biggest advantage of the hotel though is that it brought with it several nice amenaties to the resort that you can still access that financially aren't viable at a timeshare resort, such as a full service spa, and 2 new restaurants. There is also a quick counter place in the hotel lobby you can get starbucks coffee, pastries, and I believe Ice Cream from.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #131
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Main Pool Undergoing Renovation

I just got the following note in my Guest Confirmation:

Please note: Starting September 24, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek is renovating the main pool area.
This project is expected to last approximately six weeks. During this time, sections of the main pool
area will be open for guests to enjoy.

Which pool is considered the Main Pool?

Anyone currently or recently onsite that can elaborate on this renovation?

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #132
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
I just got the following note in my Guest Confirmation:

Please note: Starting September 24, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek is renovating the main pool area.
This project is expected to last approximately six weeks. During this time, sections of the main pool
area will be open for guests to enjoy.

Which pool is considered the Main Pool?

Anyone currently or recently onsite that can elaborate on this renovation?
the Main Pool is the one behind the Main Building (the checkin lobby and activity center).

I'm not sure what the renovation is and I don't arrive for a little over the week to check it out.

Considering this is the oldest pool at the property, it could be anything from a relatively simple resurfacing/resealing of the pool and it's surrounding.... To maybe even a more involved "plussing" of the pool area to add more theming and shade to the area. Currently the Main Pool and the Pool at Tower 3 are very 'plain' and traditional compared to the ones at Towers 4, 5, and 6 which have varying levels of thematic elements within the pool area (the Fort and the Pirate ship)
Old 09-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #133
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
the Main Pool is the one behind the Main Building (the checkin lobby and activity center).

I'm not sure what the renovation is and I don't arrive for a little over the week to check it out.

Considering this is the oldest pool at the property, it could be anything from a relatively simple resurfacing/resealing of the pool and it's surrounding.... To maybe even a more involved "plussing" of the pool area to add more theming and shade to the area. Currently the Main Pool and the Pool at Tower 3 are very 'plain' and traditional compared to the ones at Towers 4, 5, and 6 which have varying levels of thematic elements within the pool area (the Fort and the Pirate ship)
Can't wait to get your updates from WBC once you're "in residence".

Here's your list (so far):

wifi

main pool renovations

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #134
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Checking in TOMORROW and I CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #135
PixieDustFanatic
Mouseketeer

I'm here now. The main pool and the two hot tubs are drained, it looks like they are resurfacing around the pool walkway and the edges of the pool including the steps. The lazy river and kids splash area are open.

Oct. 9-15, 2010-Swan; Nov. 11-19, 2011-GF Sugar Loaf; Feb. 4-11, 2012-POR; Sep. 20-Oct. 1, 2012-Wyndam Bonnet Creek
PixieDustFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote