Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #1321
Spanky
Mouseketeer

Shuttle Tickets

Does anyone know if the shuttle tickets have to be used on the same day? Like maybe I go to the parks later than my family in the car so I use the shuttle to get there but then don't need to use the shuttle to come home until 2 or 3 days later?
Is it just two tickets and you could use it twice to go and never to come home?
Or do you buy the shuttle tickets for a particular day - say Tuesday - and if you don't use it Tueday you lose your $5.00?
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #1322
OasterP
Mouseketeer

I have read through a lot of this thread, and thought I would post this here. My husband and I are planning to take our son (who will be four at the time) to Disney in September 2014. I like to plan ahead so have already started to look around. I think that we will most likely stay at BC since it seems like they have everything we might need.

I got a price of 625.00 offered from VS for late September 2014 for eight nights. I'm not sure if that's a great deal or not yet - I need to look around.
Does that seem about right? Did I read somewhere on here that there is an area that you can see what other offers people got, so I can get a general idea?

Thank you so much - this board has so much information!
OasterP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #1323
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

Tell me about Saturday check in

What do you BC experts recommend for a Saturday in June check in?

Should we arrive before noon and try to check in? or, go get lunch and come back mid-afternoon, or not even bother til after 4pm?

What will get is our room quickest w/ the least wait?

How crazy crowded is it on a Saturday in June?
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #1324
MaggieBags
Earning My Ears

A quick review

Just got back from BCR and thought I'd give a quick recap. This forum was very helpful and wanted to add another review for those planning.

Booked through Booking.com and had no issues whatsoever. Checked in around 1pm and our room was ready. Tower 4, room 769. Perfectly clean, no bugs (other than a few very small ants but nothing to be concerned over), just as well decorated and appointed as others have stated. This room is a lake/pool view. I had inquired at the front desk at checkin about a fireworks view but was told none were available. We had a very nice view and didn't miss it.

Lots of activities - movie on the lawn, make your own sundae, a reptile show, bingo for kids... There is also a very nice playground that our daughter loved.

Grills were in high demand. Keep it in mind if you plan on using them. When we walked the grounds in the evening, they were almost always all in use.

Pools were very busy but we were always able to find tubes and chairs. Our favorite pool was in front of Tower 3 - lazy river, large pool, plus a kiddie pool and splash area.

Timeshare pitch - I was polite but firm at checkin and then promptly unplugged our phones when we got to our rooms. No problem.

My only critique was food service or lack of. Pizza was good, but very few other choices besides burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches. Part of a good vacation for us is eating out. We were disappointed in this regard at BCR.

Overall, we loved our stay and will be back. There is no way you could get anything close on Disney property for what we spent here. We'd be on top of each other at a Disney resort, but we had plenty of room to spread out and have a quiet room to take naps, sleep in/get up early and not bother each other.

And for those concerned about "missing the Disney magic" whatever that means - Stacy is on 24/7. Hopefully that will help you get your fix!
MaggieBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #1325
disneyfreak7
Mouseketeer

"Stacey is on 24/7" LOL, my kids love watching her so now maybe they won't feel so bad not staying on site!

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...crrvt3digw.png
disneyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #1326
disneyfreak7
Mouseketeer

I hope this is not a silly question, but is soap provided in bathrooms/showers?

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
Old 04-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #1327
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Thank you Maggiebags! I am glad to hear you had such a nice time. Reviews like yours really help me relax about our first offsite stay. I am so looking forward to the extra space.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #1328
MaggieBags
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak7 View Post
I hope this is not a silly question, but is soap provided in bathrooms/showers?
Yes, bar of soap, shampoo, condition, mouthwash and lotion in both bathrooms.
You'll run out of shampoo and condition quickly if you don't bring back-ups, they are the usual small hotel size. They smell good though!
MaggieBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #1329
disneyfreak7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieBags View Post
Yes, bar of soap, shampoo, condition, mouthwash and lotion in both bathrooms.
You'll run out of shampoo and condition quickly if you don't bring back-ups, they are the usual small hotel size. They smell good though!
Thanks. I assume since it's a timeshare condo there is no mousekeeping, sorry housekeeping that comes in and leaves more shampoo? So with 5 kids I better bring plenty of soap and shampoo!

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #1330
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I assume since it's a timeshare condo there is no mousekeeping, sorry housekeeping that comes in and leaves more shampoo? So with 5 kids I better bring plenty of soap and shampoo!
Correct! They are the little 2 ounce or so bottles, and the soap is also the small size every hotel uses.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #1331
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OasterP View Post
I have read through a lot of this thread, and thought I would post this here. My husband and I are planning to take our son (who will be four at the time) to Disney in September 2014. I like to plan ahead so have already started to look around. I think that we will most likely stay at BC since it seems like they have everything we might need.

I got a price of 625.00 offered from VS for late September 2014 for eight nights. I'm not sure if that's a great deal or not yet - I need to look around.
Does that seem about right? Did I read somewhere on here that there is an area that you can see what other offers people got, so I can get a general idea?

Thank you so much - this board has so much information!
I am going sept 21-29 for 8 nights and paying more than $120 more than you through VS. think you got a great price.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #1332
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
"Stacey is on 24/7" LOL, my kids love watching her so now maybe they won't feel so bad not staying on site!
This is the best news ever!! Now my family will still feel like they're on Disney property.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #1333
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am an adult and I love watching Stacy.
FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #1334
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
I am an adult and I love watching Stacy.
I had her on every morning while getting ready to leave. The kids were laughing at me because I can recite her spiel along with her!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #1335
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Is a security deposit required? Last year I called in advance and was told yes, but when I arrived I was told no. I called again this morning and was told yes, it's $150 hold on a credit card. I called Vacation Strategy, since we reserved through them. Whoever I spoke with said he has never had to pay a security deposit. Wish I could get a definitive answer.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote