Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #1231
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedfamof4 View Post
That is great you enjoyed your stay! We are getting read to go to Disney and staying at Bonnet Creek for a week. We requested a highfloor 2br in Tower 3 as well. We were told it was recently renovated with granite and flat screen tv's. Is this correct info? Thank you in advance!
Yes, the kitchen area had granite counter tops and there were flat screen tvs.
The furnishings were far nicer than at any of the WDW DVC villas and I say that as a DVC member.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #1232
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Just returned late last night and all I can say is WOW! The resort is so beautiful and the room was fantastic. We were on the 6th floor of Tower 2 and was facing a golf course. It was easy to get anywhere we needed to go.

We booked with Vacation Strategies and there was no problem at all.

On check out day, we decided not to return to a park and instead rented a cabana for the day. What a great decision! Such a relaxing day, hitting all the pools and playing mini-golf. It was great to take a day to take advantage of all the resort had to offer. At $50 it was a bargain!

My family will never cram into an overpriced Disney resort again!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #1233
emma9630
Earning My Ears

Has anyone else encountered a problem with the dryers in the unit? We stayed in a 1br presidential last November and for the life of me I couldn't get anything to dry in that thing unless it was in at least twice, way more for towels. By the end of the week we were just hanging stuff up all over the unit to dry.

Wondering if they are all useless or if we got stuck with a bad one. Will be good to know for this visit.

(We didn't overfill it, it was at least half empty most of the time)

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #1234
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma9630 View Post
Has anyone else encountered a problem with the dryers in the unit? We stayed in a 1br presidential last November and for the life of me I couldn't get anything to dry in that thing unless it was in at least twice, way more for towels. By the end of the week we were just hanging stuff up all over the unit to dry.

Wondering if they are all useless or if we got stuck with a bad one. Will be good to know for this visit.

Thanks!
The first time I used the dryer, it was all towels and it took a couple of cycles to dry. After that, I didn't put all of the towels in the same dryer load and everything dried fine. If this doesn't work, call the desk. Once at BWV we had problems and the heating element was bad.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #1235
emma9630
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
The first time I used the dryer, it was all towels and it took a couple of cycles to dry. After that, I didn't put all of the towels in the same dryer load and everything dried fine. If this doesn't work, call the desk. Once at BWV we had problems and the heating element was bad.
Thanks, we'll definitely call next time. It was very frustrating!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #1236
Mikscrap
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Just returned late last night and all I can say is WOW! The resort is so beautiful and the room was fantastic. We were on the 6th floor of Tower 2 and was facing a golf course. It was easy to get anywhere we needed to go.

We booked with Vacation Strategies and there was no problem at all.

On check out day, we decided not to return to a park and instead rented a cabana for the day. What a great decision! Such a relaxing day, hitting all the pools and playing mini-golf. It was great to take a day to take advantage of all the resort had to offer. At $50 it was a bargain!

My family will never cram into an overpriced Disney resort again!
We booked through Vacation Strategies too and final payment is now due to them. Do you ever get any confirmation information from Vacation Strategies? Just wondering how this works after I pay the final balance.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #1237
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikscrap View Post
We booked through Vacation Strategies too and final payment is now due to them. Do you ever get any confirmation information from Vacation Strategies? Just wondering how this works after I pay the final balance.
I did not get a confirmation with my name on it, just an email that they had received my payment and that I just needed my license at check in and that was exactly right.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 04-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #1238
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:

Thanks!
I've gotten to the point of almost expecting to run the dryers twice. the biggest problems I've found have to do with making sure the lint screen is cleaned.... and unfortunately some units the lint screen is pretty beat up so the airflow and drying ability seems to have been impacted. (and how knows how dirty the exhaust is).
Old 04-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #1239
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
The dryers were not good. The dishwasher was not good either.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #1240
emma9630
Earning My Ears

Ok, good to know it wasn't just me! Our clothes dried faster being hung up around the apt. We didn't have any problems with the dishwasher but the microwave didn't work when we arrived. They replaced it pretty quickly. We also had no batteries in any of the TV remotes.

Still loved it though!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #1241
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I am just curious about a question I have. I had it answered by someone at the resort but forgot the explanation. Is WBC on Disney property but not owned by Disney. WBC is on the Bonnet Creek area so I am kind of confused. All I remember is that Disney controls how high the towers at WBC get to be.

Thank you!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #1242
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Hello!

I am just curious about a question I have. I had it answered by someone at the resort but forgot the explanation. Is WBC on Disney property but not owned by Disney. WBC is on the Bonnet Creek area so I am kind of confused. All I remember is that Disney controls how high the towers at WBC get to be.

Thank you!
The best place I found with the story online is here: http://www.yesterland.com/bonnet.html

The Reader's Digest version.... The Bonnet Creek Resort area (Wyndham, Waldorf, Hilton, and the Golf Course) are on a plot of land that Disney never bought. As the area grew up, That plot remained undeveloped for years. By the time development started on that plot, the only way to access the property without going thru Disney Property was cut off due to I-4 and an interchange. As a result, They connected it to the Disney Road Network (and utlilities).

I don't believe Disney has any control over the construction on the plot (directly at least), However the Reedy Creek Improvement District may have some say over the land.

Most of what you hear at the resort about "Being on Disney Property" and the like is either people not knowing the truth, or bending the truth as part of their attempts to sell the resort.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #1243
LetsDoDisney!
Mouseketeer

When you all requested certain towers and such did you do it on the phone or did anyone have good results doing it via email? If so what email address did you use?

Heading there in a week and can't wait!

Also, we want to be able to see the fireworks, but we wonder if we want to be near a specific pool too. Is the pirate pool the one with the lazy river? We have a 7 year old boy and want to be near a great pool for him.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #1244
Lily & Giny's Mom
Mouseketeer

Nervous Nelly

I am 16 days out from vacation at BC. I have not received a confirmation # or anything similar from Vacation Strategy. We rented from VS last year and I recall receiving a conf # or something of the like by this time, and was able to confirm my reservation with the resort. I e-mailed them yesterday but have not received a reply. I am concerned that there may be some sort of problem. Can anyone who has rented through VS recently advise as to if, and when they were provided a confirmation # etc?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #1245
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily & Giny's Mom View Post
I am 16 days out from vacation at BC. I have not received a confirmation # or anything similar from Vacation Strategy. We rented from VS last year and I recall receiving a conf # or something of the like by this time, and was able to confirm my reservation with the resort. I e-mailed them yesterday but have not received a reply. I am concerned that there may be some sort of problem. Can anyone who has rented through VS recently advise as to if, and when they were provided a confirmation # etc?
I leave in 20 days and have not received anything other than an email where I paid the balance at 54 days out. I posted this a couple weeks ago, but didn't get a response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I was told when I booked that the balance would not be due until I got a confirmation with my name on it, which would be a couple of weeks out. However, I got an email a couple of weeks ago (54 days out) that my balance was due. I did not get the confirmation with my name on it, though. When I called Vacation Strategies to ask about it, I got a rather frazzled sounding man, who was sort of snippy, who told me they now required the amount to be paid in full sooner and that they no longer send out the confirmation in the guest's name and that I would not need it to check in anyway. He also said something about during the next few weeks they would be booking and rebooking it using several people's points because it was a 10 night reservation and they wanted to get the best price. He then told me that didn't concern me though and not to worry about it, all I needed to do was show up May 10th and that I would not be getting anything else from them. When I asked him what I would need then, he said nothing but ID, but if I would feel better about it, I could call VS 48 hours before I arrived and they would patch me through to BC, who would then confirm I had a reservation with them.

I'm just curious as to why your balance wasn't due until two weeks out, but they made me pay mine at 54 days out. Also curious if you've gotten any kind of confirmation with your name on it from BC? Thanks!

Last edited by aubriee; 04-20-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Closed Thread