Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #1126
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Garmin GPS Does not recognize address

I am putting in the address of 9560 Via Encinas, LBV and it does not recognize the address. Is there a different address or something very close to us that i could use instead - Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #1127
Protaras76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by spel View Post
Here now! Sitting out on the balcony, overlooking the lake & lighted fountain with music playing from the pool. It's lovely! Originally we hoped for a high floor & fireworks view, but that was not available when we checked in at 11am, so we took tower 4, 5th floor, lake view. I'm so glad we did! 15 minutes of fireworks would not have been worth the parking lot view the rest of the time for us. Overlooking the lake & pool makes it feel more resort-y to me. I did a thorough inspection for bed bugs before I brought my family up. This place is spotless so far! TV in kids room is so staticy that it's useless though. I'll call about that tomorrow. Very quick drive to Epcot today. Totally surrounded by Disney property. We booked with VS- no problems at all.
Hi there so jealous of you can't wait till September to get out there, I'm just wondering as your sat looking out over the resort how far from the Caribbean beach are you in walking terms??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #1128
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Sorry, don't know how to reply directly to posts on my phone!

With my GPS, it recognized the address as Orlando, not Lake Buena Vista.

There is no easy way to walk to Caribbean Beach - no walkway, no path, lots of fences, trees, and ditches. You'd have to walk on the road, which I really don't recommend. Vacation drivers not sure where they're going and trying to read signs don't pay attention always to bodies walking/running on the road.

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #1129
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Sorry, don't know how to reply directly to posts on my phone!

With my GPS, it recognized the address as Orlando, not Lake Buena Vista.

There is no easy way to walk to Caribbean Beach - no walkway, no path, lots of fences, trees, and ditches. You'd have to walk on the road, which I really don't recommend. Vacation drivers not sure where they're going and trying to read signs don't pay attention always to bodies walking/running on the road.
Try this, it's the transit address:
14314 Chelonia Pky and Bonnet Creek Resort Ln,Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I used Google maps and typed Wyndham Bonnet Creek into the map search bar. The Encinas address came up but it gave me directions.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #1130
luvsvacations
Mouseketeer

Thanks

The Chelonia Parkway worked!!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1131
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Here now! Sitting out on the balcony, overlooking the lake & lighted fountain with music playing from the pool. It's lovely! Originally we hoped for a high floor & fireworks view, but that was not available when we checked in at 11am, so we took tower 4, 5th floor, lake view. I'm so glad we did! 15 minutes of fireworks would not have been worth the parking lot view the rest of the time for us. Overlooking the lake & pool makes it feel more resort-y to me. I did a thorough inspection for bed bugs before I brought my family up. This place is spotless so far! TV in kids room is so staticy that it's useless though. I'll call about that tomorrow. Very quick drive to Epcot today. Totally surrounded by Disney property. We booked with VS- no problems at all.
Sounds great! Did you try to tighten the coax on the TV, or push in the HDMI or A/V cables? Sometimes that's all you need!

What else can you see, Disney wise, from your balcony? What is the parking like outside of your building? What is the pool that is closest to you?

Thanks!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #1132
spel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post

Sounds great! Did you try to tighten the coax on the TV, or push in the HDMI or A/V cables? Sometimes that's all you need!

What else can you see, Disney wise, from your balcony? What is the parking like outside of your building? What is the pool that is closest to you?

Thanks!
I'll try that- thanks!

Can't see anything Disney at all from any part of the resort that we've been to yet. But I don't care at all. We're at the parks all day. This place is a nice, relaxing retreat away from it all. View from the balcony of the lake and at least three pools is beautiful. There are pools everywhere! We haven't checked out the one closet to our tower yet. We went to the big one with the lazy river & kids spray ground behind the main bldg/check in today. They had a bar there, whirlpool. It was one building o the right. Five minute walk. We're hoping to hit a new pool each day. The resort is so pretty that we do not mind walking to get to a pool.

Parking lot is small outside building 4, but we've always found a spot. Garage is close too.

They had face painting & balloon animals for the kids at the activity center today. Very cute!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #1133
spel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protaras76 View Post

Hi there so jealous of you can't wait till September to get out there, I'm just wondering as your sat looking out over the resort how far from the Caribbean beach are you in walking terms??
As someone else replied, the street is not walk able at all. But it's the next resort over. I can't imagine that it's nicer than this!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #1134
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Quote:

As someone else replied, the street is not walk able at all. But it's the next resort over. I can't imagine that it's nicer than this!
CB is nicely themed but you are in the best possible place at WBC! Will never stay on site again after 3 wonderful stays here. Boardwalk and DD are just a short drive away, too.

Enjoy! We're all jealous!!

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #1135
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Booked!!!!

Just booked with Jeff Hudson! I'm so excited to try WBC!

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #1136
dsamama
Earning My Ears

Is there a place that shows travel times from WBC to the parks. and maybe a map that shows the area with the parks and wbc labeled??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #1137
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

It's official! I just booked our anniversary trip in August at WBC through Vacation Upgrades! So excited!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #1138
sandynd
Rookie Desperado

Yay for you!! And us too... We've paid our deposit for the end of October.

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards
December 1990 - One day in MGM Studios
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #1139
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama View Post
Is there a place that shows travel times from WBC to the parks. and maybe a map that shows the area with the parks and wbc labeled??
I found a map by googling Disneyworld area and resorts. There is a good map in the front of Unofficial Guide to Disneyworld. I bought the book and suscribed to the website touringplans.com but the site is available for free. I just paid for personalized itineraries. The website otherwise is free.
I have spoken to people and HS&Epcot are less than 10 min and AK&MK are 15-20 min. However, from MK parking is another 10-20 min to get inside.
Can anyone verify?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #1140
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Took us about 13-15 minutes for HS and EPCOT, especially if we hit all the red lights. AK was closer to 15-18, and MK was 18-20. You park at Transportation and Ticket Center for Magic Kingdom, then take a tram or walk to the TTC, and then take the ferry (holds more people, but goes slower), or the monorail (faster, but longer line) to the Magic Kingdom. One day they had buses because the ferry wasn't running, and that was QUICK, but I've only encountered that once.

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Closed Thread