Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #1111
6elginfans
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 102

Shuttle Fees

Do they charge $5 per person per day or per trip. If you are a family of 4 will it cost $20 per day or $40 per day to nuse the shuttle for a round trip to one of the parks?
__________________
Willy Nilly is a plan, of sorts,
6elginfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #1112
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
How comfy are the sofa beds?

My boyfriend and I are looking into a 1-bdrm for our anniversary this August. We really like the idea of having a separate bedroom and full kitchen for breakfast and things and the price is comparable with a disney moderate! Any tips or tricks I should consider? I've contacted vacation strategies (already sent me a quote) as well as vacation upgrades to compare prices.

Thanks!
It's a Sofa Bed, and in my experience sofa beds tend to be similar in their comfort level.

The 1bdrm Bed is also a King size bed.... so PLENTY of room in the bed, even if you wanted to do something like throw a line of pillows down the center to keep people separated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
One more question...does vacation strategies do a price check at 60 days out like vacation upgrades advertises? Still waiting to hear from vacation upgrades to see who has the lower price.
From my Understanding, Vacation Strategies gives you their initial quote assuming they will be able to rebook within the 60 day discount window. Vacation upgrades prices based off their cost today, but will apply a discount later if they can get the discount.

There are some other differences between the companies in regards to their policies and customer service which you can compare when deciding between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6elginfans View Post
Do they charge $5 per person per day or per trip. If you are a family of 4 will it cost $20 per day or $40 per day to nuse the shuttle for a round trip to one of the parks?
My understanding is it's $5 per Round Trip. So if you use the Shuttle to come back for a mid-day break, it could be $10 per day.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #1113
Wonders10
DIS Veteran
 
Wonders10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

From my Understanding, Vacation Strategies gives you their initial quote assuming they will be able to rebook within the 60 day discount window. Vacation upgrades prices based off their cost today, but will apply a discount later if they can get the discount.

There are some other differences between the companies in regards to their policies and customer service which you can compare when deciding between them.
So does that mean the price vacation strategies quoted me could go up at the 60 day mark? Or that I could lose my reservation entirely? Sorry if these questions sound dumb, but I've never booked through tese sorts of companies before.

Thanks!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #1114
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
So does that mean the price vacation strategies quoted me could go up at the 60 day mark? Or that I could lose my reservation entirely? Sorry if these questions sound dumb, but I've never booked through tese sorts of companies before.

Thanks!
I've never rented thru them, so I can only tell you what I've heard others mention via their contracts or other talk. For a definitive answer, I'd recommend asking the company directly.

From what I remember hearing, someone mentioned that VS's contract mentions the fact they will cancel and rebook the reservation around the 60 day mark, and that there is a possibility that the reservation could be lost.

Based off the number of people here who's reported good things about VS, I'd say this isn't something that happens often, but if it's indeed mentioned as a possibility in the contract, it would be something worth keeping in mind as you judge which is the better deal for you. Ultimately, I'd say that most times of year, with a 1bdrm, it's not as likely to be a problem with losing the reservation, but it's something that may add a bit more risk to the reservation.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #1115
Wonders10
DIS Veteran
 
Wonders10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,862

Here I go again...

I've received quotes from vacation strategies and vacation upgrades. One company has a slightly lower price, the other I get a better sense of trust that everything will go smoothly. I don't want to say who is who, but would love to hear if you'd pick one company over another and why.

Thanks!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #1116
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer
 
SYDCOLEMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 346

When you book thru Vacation Strategy you get their lowest rate up front. You get a quote and if you choose to book then you pay your deposit. This year is the second year we have used them and nowhere in our contract does it mention the possibility of losing our reservation. There are many threads that discuss Vacation Strategy and I have yet to hear of any issues. I believe one of the owners is currently out on maternity leave and their reponse time has been a tad slower than normal but I would highly recommend them. I paid our balance last week and couldnt be more excited !
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #1117
aseyrick
DIS Veteran
 
aseyrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDCOLEMOM View Post
When you book thru Vacation Strategy you get their lowest rate up front. You get a quote and if you choose to book then you pay your deposit. This year is the second year we have used them and nowhere in our contract does it mention the possibility of losing our reservation. There are many threads that discuss Vacation Strategy and I have yet to hear of any issues. I believe one of the owners is currently out on maternity leave and their reponse time has been a tad slower than normal but I would highly recommend them. I paid our balance last week and couldnt be more excited !
I second ^^^. This is our 2nd year booking w/ VS and there's a reason for that ... lowest price and good customer service. The price has never gone up from the original quote. In fact, they gave me 8 days instead of 7 last time we booked through them. And, I just paid our balance TODAY in fact and can't wait to check into our presidential suite in 2 weeks!
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DS5)

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

aseyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #1118
Twingle
DIS Veteran
 
Twingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,928

Headed home today - had a great stay! We drove, so didn't use the shuttles. Every park we were able to be into within 20 minutes of leaving the resort.
Had no issues with time sales pitches - they left a few messages, but were very low key about it all.
__________________
DHMe DS twin DD's

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #1119
FreeThinker
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 101

Can I take and use a crock pot? Chicken in the crock pot would be a great but easy meal! I am thinking of packing mine, but do they have some available there? And are plug-ins like a CP allowed?
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1120
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran
 
Momma2PrinceNPrinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 594

Has anyone rented with Jeff Hudson?
__________________
DD(7) DS(4)

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14

Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #1121
spel
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 152

Here now! Sitting out on the balcony, overlooking the lake & lighted fountain with music playing from the pool. It's lovely! Originally we hoped for a high floor & fireworks view, but that was not available when we checked in at 11am, so we took tower 4, 5th floor, lake view. I'm so glad we did! 15 minutes of fireworks would not have been worth the parking lot view the rest of the time for us. Overlooking the lake & pool makes it feel more resort-y to me. I did a thorough inspection for bed bugs before I brought my family up. This place is spotless so far! TV in kids room is so staticy that it's useless though. I'll call about that tomorrow. Very quick drive to Epcot today. Totally surrounded by Disney property. We booked with VS- no problems at all.
spel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #1122
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran
 
mjohnson96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rantoul, KS
Posts: 1,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Can I take and use a crock pot? Chicken in the crock pot would be a great but easy meal! I am thinking of packing mine, but do they have some available there? And are plug-ins like a CP allowed?
No I did not see a crock pot but you can bring one or on your grocery run pick up a cheap one. We tend to do more breakfast/lunch at the room and go out to dinner but it would make it easy to have dinner waiting when. You get back
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD 11) (DD 4)

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #1123
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Are there bellman at WBC? It may seem a silly question but we've been to timeshares that had them and some that didn't.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #1124
blakefamily
Mouseketeer
 
blakefamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 109

We will be arriving at mco @6am. We plan on getting a rental car and then heading for breakfast and to the grocery and liquor store, then hoping we can spend some time by the pool and relax until a room is available. Any recommendations on a place to get a good breakfast? And a store?
__________________
blakefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #1125
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseyrick View Post
I second ^^^. This is our 2nd year booking w/ VS and there's a reason for that ... lowest price and good customer service. The price has never gone up from the original quote. In fact, they gave me 8 days instead of 7 last time we booked through them. And, I just paid our balance TODAY in fact and can't wait to check into our presidential suite in 2 weeks!
I was told when I booked that the balance would not be due until I got a confirmation with my name on it, which would be a couple of weeks out. However, I got an email a couple of weeks ago (54 days out) that my balance was due. I did not get the confirmation with my name on it, though. When I called Vacation Strategies to ask about it, I got a rather frazzled sounding man, who was sort of snippy, who told me they now required the amount to be paid in full sooner and that they no longer send out the confirmation in the guest's name and that I would not need it to check in anyway. He also said something about during the next few weeks they would be booking and rebooking it using several people's points because it was a 10 day reservation and they wanted to get the best price. He then told me that didn't concern me though and not to worry about it, all I needed to do was show up May 10th and that I would not be getting anything else from them. When I asked him what I would need then, he said nothing but ID, but if I would feel better about it, I could call VS 48 hours before I arrived and they would patch me through to BC, who would then confirm I had a reservation with them.

I'm just curious as to why your balance wasn't due until two weeks out, but they made me pay mine at 54 days out. Also curious if you've gotten any kind of confirmation with your name on it from BC? Thanks!

Last edited by aubriee; 04-07-2013 at 05:32 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.