Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #1096
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Can anyone explain to me how the different WBC rental agencies work? VS and VU didn't have availability for ANY units the dates we may be going. But just got a response back from Farrel's saying he can get a 2 bd deluxe for my dates. Seems odd...and scares me at the same time that we won't have a room if I do book with Farrel....

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #1097
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

He may have already had that date booked if your look on his website he sells weeks he has already prebooked. What are the dates?
2006-Comfort Suites Universal-2008- Magical Memories-2009-Harbour Lake-2010-Bonnet Creek-Summer 2011-Bonnet Creek and Westgate Lakes-June 2012-Sheraton Vistana Villages-July 2013-The Fountains and Bonnet Creek
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #1098
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrius1st View Post
He may have already had that date booked if your look on his website he sells weeks he has already prebooked. What are the dates?
June 23-28. I emailed him back to see if we can add on 2 more nights though (arriving the 21st).

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #1099
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

Also try sunorsnowvacationrentals they have a inventory of weeks also.
2006-Comfort Suites Universal-2008- Magical Memories-2009-Harbour Lake-2010-Bonnet Creek-Summer 2011-Bonnet Creek and Westgate Lakes-June 2012-Sheraton Vistana Villages-July 2013-The Fountains and Bonnet Creek
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #1100
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrius1st View Post
Also try sunorsnowvacationrentals they have a inventory of weeks also.
Just emailed them. Thanks a lot!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #1101
Protaras76
Earning My Ears

Distance to Disney Caribbean beach

My family and I are staying at the WBC in September for 2 weeks, I'm not 100% about driving, and have read that the shuttle isn't very often and they are now charging $5 per person to use it as there are 5 of us it will work out expensive for us, I've been looking on google maps at the location of the resort and it seems close to the Caribbean Beach, there is a few bushes/trees between the 2, does anyone that has stayed at the WBC know if its possible to cut through these bushes/trees to use the Disney transport instead????
Old 04-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #1102
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protaras76 View Post
My family and I are staying at the WBC in September for 2 weeks, I'm not 100% about driving, and have read that the shuttle isn't very often and they are now charging $5 per person to use it as there are 5 of us it will work out expensive for us, I've been looking on google maps at the location of the resort and it seems close to the Caribbean Beach, there is a few bushes/trees between the 2, does anyone that has stayed at the WBC know if its possible to cut through these bushes/trees to use the Disney transport instead????
It is not possible to cut thru the trees. Its virtually impossible to walk over to CBR. I would not advise it. You can rent a car for pretty cheap. We are going May 22nd to June 2nd. We are renting a full size car thru Alamo for $219 total (including taxes & fees) for 11 nights. We LOVE having a car and even with paying $14 a day to park we save $$. I also love being able to come and go when we please.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #1103
Protaras76
Earning My Ears

I have access to a rental car just need to pay top up insurance, my concern is that I don't drive over here so its a worry to drive over there, I am quite a confident driver but have never driven on the right side of the road either :/
Old 04-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #1104
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
Can anyone explain to me how the different WBC rental agencies work? VS and VU didn't have availability for ANY units the dates we may be going. But just got a response back from Farrel's saying he can get a 2 bd deluxe for my dates. Seems odd...and scares me at the same time that we won't have a room if I do book with Farrel....
The resort has a set amount of availability based off the capacity of the resort. Any owner can reserve any week in any unit size at the resort, assuming they have the ownership points to do so.

For some weeks during popular times, some of the bigger mega-renters will make reservations at the resort even though they don't currently have someone who wants to use that week. It's a way for them to hedge their bets in case the resort gets booked solid... and they know that they can always cancel the reservation before the cutoff and get their points back.

If renters say there isn't any availability for the dates you want, it usually means that at least a few of the dates you want/need are booked solid at the resort. At this point you would need to find someone who already has a spec reservation at the resort in order to get a room locked in to stay at. sometimes these large renters who pre-reserve on spec will have multiple reservations and will be willing to "break apart" their existing reservations in order to try and get you the exact dates you need and are looking for.... however sometimes they won't because they want to rent out the entire week and not just a partial week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protaras76 View Post
Unfortunately, you can't walk from the CBR to WBC. Besides the bushes and trees, there is a fence and a large ditch between the back of the CBR and the Bonnet Creek area. There also is not a sidewalk on East Buena Vista BLVD, so walking out the front of the resort and down the road to the Bonnet Creek resort area wouldn't be an option.

You best options would be to either rent a car, or to check if Taxi prices for your 5 people might end up being less expensive than the onsite shuttle.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1105
6elginfans
Mouseketeer

Ticket Specials

We are staying at Bonnet Creek for this first time in November. I was told that they have special ticket prices. When I called they said they could only tell me those prices in person. I am guessing you have to hear the time share talk, and then they let you know their prices. Is this true, does anyone know what the tickets prices are if you listen?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #1106
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6elginfans View Post
We are staying at Bonnet Creek for this first time in November. I was told that they have special ticket prices. When I called they said they could only tell me those prices in person. I am guessing you have to hear the time share talk, and then they let you know their prices. Is this true, does anyone know what the tickets prices are if you listen?
I don't know what the current time share spiel "gift" is. Sometimes it's a gift card. Sometimes it's a couple free 1 day tickets or discounted other ticket types. Either way, It's usually not worth it since it requires 2-3 hours of your valuable vacation time to listen to a very high pressure sales spiel.

You can also purchase Disney tickets in the main lobby. These are (last time I checked) the same price as those sold at the front gate ticket booths since the ticket sales desk is staffed by Disney employees. The only real advantage to buying your tickets here is that it could save you the time of waiting in the line at the front of te park to buy your tickets. (But you can always buy them online before your trip from Disney or at a discount from someplace like Undercover Tourist)
Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #1107
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post

I can tell you that VS did not have availability for my timeframe and Ken did so we went with Ken. I think you should absolutely try VS as well as Farrell's and see if they have better luck.

All of them got back to me with quotes quickly and I learned from this board that I needed to make that reservation right away, so we booked as soon as we confirmed our days off from work.
We always go with Farrell.

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Old 04-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #1108
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleldridge View Post

We always go with Farrell.
Do you find him to be a slow responder? He emailed me a quote yesterday at 9 am, I immediately wrote back asking to add on 2 days, and didn't get a response back till almost 8 pm. I wrote him immediately again saying we wanted to book, and still no response.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #1109
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

How comfy are the sofa beds?

My boyfriend and I are looking into a 1-bdrm for our anniversary this August. We really like the idea of having a separate bedroom and full kitchen for breakfast and things and the price is comparable with a disney moderate! Any tips or tricks I should consider? I've contacted vacation strategies (already sent me a quote) as well as vacation upgrades to compare prices.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #1110
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

One more question...does vacation strategies do a price check at 60 days out like vacation upgrades advertises? Still waiting to hear from vacation upgrades to see who has the lower price.
Closed Thread