Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #1081
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Thanks for the explanation. 49K pts sounds like a great amount to own for our needs, but my husband doesn't want less than 64K since the MFs are comparable.

2 more questions

1) Do the Housekeeping credits pool along w/the points?

2) Do you mind asking which resort you own at?

Thanks!
I bought 49,000 points because that would give me 5 nights at Bonnet Creek or Star Island, which is all I wanted--before I wanted to stay longer LOL. Actually, the first time I was issued points (in 2007), I traded 27K to RCI for $130, and got a 2 BR at Orange Lake, and then transferred the remaining 22K to another owner, for $5 per thousand points. None of that is now possible due to changes Wyndham has made. As for your questions:
1) NO! Another way Wyndham shafts owners. You receive 1 housekeeping credit for every 1,000 points you own. However, they don't transfer into the credit pool! This is from the Wyndham owners' website: "One (1) Housekeeping Credit for every 1,000 points placed in the pool will be deducted from your account. Additional Housekeeping Credits may be purchased as needed." So not only do they charge you for pooling the points, they then, if you don't have extra HK credits, make you pay for them, too!
2) I own at Star Island.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #1082
DisneyToddlers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
Yippee, just booked our 3-bedroom deluxe villa for October!

First time using Vacation Strategy, and they honoured a price match just as they stated (actually they beat it by a few dollars).

Let the planning begin!
May I ask who had a better price? I am getting the best price from Vacation Strategy. Thanks!

DisneyToddlers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #1083
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears
We cannot lose the kitchen
Who knew I had no pictures of Frontierland?

Just back - Building 3, room 661

We are back from 4 nights at BCR. Overall, we enjoyed the resort, found it convenient and liked the landscaping and pools. We booked through Wyndham using a deal for Canadians available through the Orlando Magic Card. We tried to book through a couple of the agencies noted in this thread, but there was no availability for our week (coincided with Easter). The price was better than the Sheraton Vistana using the allears discount for a two bedroom during that time.

We found the staff to be attentive and friendly, wifi a bit spotty (seemed better during the day time) and the parking to be convenient. The only downside to our room was the toilet of the master bedroom which needed to be plunged 50% of the time (there is a plunger in the closet off the kitchen/living area in the two bedroom deluxe).

If we stay there again, we will make a view request. We didnít and ended up in building 3 overlooking the parking lot and the HVAC system for the Wyndham Grand hotel which was right next to us. It was cold last week, so when our AC would turn off we heard the cycling 78 decibel whine (there is an app for that!) from the hotelís HVAC. We first noticed it at 4:00 am of our first night when I thought a car alarm was going off in the parking lot. It was annoying, especially when trying to enjoy a drink on the balcony, but I guess someone had to get that room. My one further thought on this is we did get a couple calls about attending the sales presentation (getting the parking pass went smoothly). If you really wanted me to buy a timeshare from you, why stick me in such an undesirable room? Not a good strategy to get me to buy at developer prices.

Other guests were also friendly. My only observation is why donít people watch their kids at the pools or get them to observe pool rules? After watching a young boy (5 or 6 maybe) diving head first into 3ft 6 inches of water at the encouragement of his parents, I just gave my head a shake. Kids actually jumped over me a couple times. I wonít even go into what was happening in the hot tub. The only pool rule that was consistently observed was no animals in the pool or on the pool deck. It did make me wonder how that had to be listed on the pool rules so prominently.

Overall, we would stay there again and recommend it to others.

cpbjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #1084
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Hi all. Question about the shuttle- where at each park does it drop off/pick up?

TIA!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-AsMo; 2015-TBD
Al and Kate's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #1085
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom View Post
Hi all. Question about the shuttle- where at each park does it drop off/pick up?

TIA!
The "offsite Shuttle" drop off locations.

Generally these are located a bit past the onsite bus loops. The biggest difference however is at MK where the offsite shuttles drop off at the old Bus depot/parking lot at the TTC
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #1086
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
The "offsite Shuttle" drop off locations.

Generally these are located a bit past the onsite bus loops. The biggest difference however is at MK where the offsite shuttles drop off at the old Bus depot/parking lot at the TTC
Thank you!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-AsMo; 2015-TBD
Al and Kate's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #1087
rkb2530
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
1) NO! Another way Wyndham shafts owners. You receive 1 housekeeping credit for every 1,000 points you own. However, they don't transfer into the credit pool! This is from the Wyndham owners' website: "One (1) Housekeeping Credit for every 1,000 points placed in the pool will be deducted from your account. Additional Housekeeping Credits may be purchased as needed." So not only do they charge you for pooling the points, they then, if you don't have extra HK credits, make you pay for them, too!
The way the Wyndham website is worded is confusing. When you credit pool your points, the HK credits are deducted from the use year and put in the pool to use with the points you placed in the pool. You don't lose them when you credit pool your points. I did this at the first of the year and the HK credits showed up with the points with no problems.
rkb2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #1088
disneydreamer21
disneydreamer

so disappointed

We are returning to Orlando after a stay 2 years ago at Beach Club. Although it was really nice, and we are booked to go there again, currently, we want to spend our hard earned money a little more wisely. I LOVED what WBC had to offer, (more room, great pools, etc) so I inquired with Ken at Vacation Upgrades.
Needless to say, he quoted me a price, but I took 10 days to get back to him (family issues) and now there are no 2 bedrooms available for our dates.
We are going the middle of June.
My question is this: is it likely there will be a cancellation for our dates, and should hold out for this? (Ken nicely replied he would look out for a cancellation)
Or, should I go through another outlet for renting WBC? Ebay, Vacation Strategies, etc?
Should I give up and go with another resort, Westgate Lakes, Sheraton Vistana, Hilton Sea World?
I did try a couple of places, but no luck.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
disneydreamer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #1089
spel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamer21 View Post
We are returning to Orlando after a stay 2 years ago at Beach Club. Although it was really nice, and we are booked to go there again, currently, we want to spend our hard earned money a little more wisely. I LOVED what WBC had to offer, (more room, great pools, etc) so I inquired with Ken at Vacation Upgrades.
Needless to say, he quoted me a price, but I took 10 days to get back to him (family issues) and now there are no 2 bedrooms available for our dates.
My question is this: is it likely there will be a cancellation for our dates, and should hold out for this? (Ken nicely replied he would look out for a cancellation)
Or, should I go through another outlet for renting WBC? Ebay, Vacation Strategies, etc?
Should I give up and go with another resort, Westgate Lakes, Sheraton Vistana, Hilton Sea World?
We used VS so I would definitely recommend contacting them. I got a better price from them than from Ken.
spel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #1090
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Does anyone know what tower the 1 bedroom presidentials are in? We've only stayed in 2 bedrooms up until this year so I'm not familiar.

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
kleldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #1091
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spel View Post
We used VS so I would definitely recommend contacting them. I got a better price from them than from Ken.
I can tell you that VS did not have availability for my timeframe and Ken did so we went with Ken. I think you should absolutely try VS as well as Farrell's and see if they have better luck.

All of them got back to me with quotes quickly and I learned from this board that I needed to make that reservation right away, so we booked as soon as we confirmed our days off from work.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #1092
disneyfreak7
Mouseketeer

is there a crockpot in the 2 bdr kitchen?

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...crrvt3digw.png
disneyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #1093
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak7 View Post
is there a crockpot in the 2 bdr kitchen?
I have never seen a crockpot
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #1094
keywestbride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Definitely try VS. I tried VU first, and they had no availability. I tried VS, and they had several options for me.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #1095
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleldridge View Post
Does anyone know what tower the 1 bedroom presidentials are in? We've only stayed in 2 bedrooms up until this year so I'm not familiar.
Tower 6
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote