Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #1006
Spanky
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 501

Snowang - they dropped the $12 parking fee at WBC. Now the folks who ride the bus pay per round trip. If you don't use the bus there is no cost to you. If you take your car to the disney parks it is $14 a day to park - good all day at all disney parks.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #1007
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 77

babysitting Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post
Might be best to call WBC and talk to concierge.
I did email the concierge and was given a couple of names. Of course one was Kids Night Out and the others were All About Kids, Super Sitter and Fairy God Mothers. We were also told that besides the Grand Floridian, the DW kids clubs are open to those staying on and off site at about $11.50 per child per hour and each has rules about min hours, etc.,

I am very wary about leaving my daughter with a stranger in a strange place but prefer the idea of a kids club with lots of eyes, other children and activities than in our room.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1008
akadada
Doin' It All for My Baby.
 
akadada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
I did email the concierge and was given a couple of names. Of course one was Kids Night Out and the others were All About Kids, Super Sitter and Fairy God Mothers. We were also told that besides the Grand Floridian, the DW kids clubs are open to those staying on and off site at about $11.50 per child per hour and each has rules about min hours, etc.,

I am very wary about leaving my daughter with a stranger in a strange place but prefer the idea of a kids club with lots of eyes, other children and activities than in our room.
We used Kids Nite Out three times...great service, the hard part was leaving the kids with someone we didn't know. But they were very good. Our daughter loved it the third time; younger sitter who brought a suitcase of stuff to play and color. She also texted us status reports. I would use them again if we wantec a break...that said we enjoy hanging with our kids anyway, so not sure if we'll use them again becaus our kids are good going out to dinner kids.
akadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #1009
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie
 
eeyorepixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,388

I am really looking forward to staying at WBC again! we are going for 16 days, 1,800.,July 21-Aug.5th in a 2 bedroom.

We went last year and my DH fell in love with the resort, I guess he was not that big of a fan of sleeping on the floor trundle at POR I do love on site too, but WBC is close enough and the pools and the space = to the convenience of on site.

We usually do 2 week trips, but due to sports last trip we only did 11 days, so we had nor resort days This trip we have 4 days just to enjoy the resort and DTD!

Really looking forward to the mini golf and my DD's want to do a few of the activities at WBC this year. They looooooooooove the pirate pool and Lazy River.

We requested Lake view, building 5...hope we get it
__________________
eeyorepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1010
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris
 
torsie24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 12,847

Hi BC fans.

If any of you have TRs from trips staying at WBC I'd love links to them.

Thank you. X
__________________


WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #1011
kimski25
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere's Mom

Internet service varies depending on what building you are in. A wired connection is always more reliable. I suggest taking a wireless router with you. I've not done that, but have known people who have. If you need reliable internet, that's the way to go.
We stayed in tower 3 and we didnt have any trouble with internet:-)
kimski25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #1012
ambiancetc
Mouseketeer
 
ambiancetc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyw8863 View Post
We are traveling in a couple of weeks with our medically complex child and are hoping to have her medical supplies shipped ahead of time so that we don't have to carry it all on the plane. Anyone know if this is possible? Just trying to figure out logistics as our date is quickly approaching. Eeek!

Hi Kelly,

We are arranging to have some of DS's stuff shipped straight from the DME but arranged to have it arrive the day after we do (we come in Friday so it will come Saturday). We called the front desk to let them know and will confirm when we arrive.
the address will read:
"Our first & Last name"
C/O Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Bell Services
Address

As a side note, call the airline ahead of time. We were able to fly with DS's medical supplies and check them for free. I just explained that we had lots of equipment and supplies we couldn't ship or afford to be without. They told me that as long as it met height & weight restrictions and was strictly his medical supplies it would check for free. They emailed me this information so I carried it with to the airport. We had no problems. They would MUCH rather check it for you than have you try to carry it on! We had to carry on 3 bags, 1 cooler and a car seat just for him as it was! (And I made a point to tell them this).

By the way, I'm pretty sure I recognize that sweet face from P2P! Although, I haven't been on in a while.
__________________
______________________________
Me "N" DH "J" DD9 "A" DD6 "E" DS4 "B" DSIL16 "K" aka Disney Travel Buddy
We're fighting Mitochondrial Disease one Disney trip at a time!
Disney Make-A-Wish Trip for DS!
5/7 - 5/13/2012 -GKTW
Celebration of Life - Let's do it again!
4/19 - 5/3/2013 - WBC
Squeezing the piggy bank again!
9/6-9/13/13 - WBC & 12/3-6/13 - POP- Shhh surprise Mommy Daughter trip for A's Bday!
If I budget really carefully!
FEB 2014
ambiancetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #1013
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

Just booked and paid for my condo! I'm so excited!
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1014
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

How do I get clean towels?

I've searched but couldn't find how do I get clean towels. Do they expect me to wash them? Not going to happen. LOL! Well it could. I read something about going and picking them up. Pick them up from where? We will be staying for a week in a 4 bdrm. 9 people.

Will someone explain how do I get clean towels? Where do I go? How often can I go? Etc. Thanks.
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #1015
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post
Just booked and paid for my condo! I'm so excited!
I got an email from Vacation Strategies yesterday saying my balance was due. The email I got from them when I paid the deposit several months ago, said that the balance wouldn't be due until I got the confirmation in my name which should be 20-30 days out. I am now 50 days out and do not have any kind of confirmation. Since I got the email saying my balance was due, I called to ask and the guy on the phone sounded sort of rushed and irritated. He said that they are no longer doing that, are asking for the balance to be paid earlier, and I would not even get a confirmation at all. He said if I wanted to, that I could call him back 48 hours prior to check in and he'd transfer me through to BC, who would verify that I had a reservation. He said that they had to piece together three different confirmations to get my ten night stay in May and that over the next few weeks would be doing alot of stuff behind the scenes to piece the reservation together to get the price they promised me, but that didn't concern me and all I needed to check in was my ID and not to worry about anything else, that I wouldn't need a confirmation. Is this normal? According to the original email I got from them, they said they would send me a confirmation in my name, but now they are saying they don't do that any longer and to just show up with nothing. I'm scared of getting down there and not having a place to stay.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #1016
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I got an email from Vacation Strategies yesterday saying my balance was due. The email I got from them when I paid the deposit several months ago, said that the balance wouldn't be due until I got the confirmation in my name which should be 20-30 days out. I am now 50 days out and do not have any kind of confirmation. Since I got the email saying my balance was due, I called to ask and the guy on the phone sounded sort of rushed and irritated. He said that they are no longer doing that, are asking for the balance to be paid earlier, and I would not even get a confirmation at all. He said if I wanted to, that I could call him back 48 hours prior to check in and he'd transfer me through to BC, who would verify that I had a reservation. He said that they had to piece together three different confirmations to get my ten night stay in May and that over the next few weeks would be doing alot of stuff behind the scenes to piece the reservation together to get the price they promised me, but that didn't concern me and all I needed to check in was my ID and not to worry about anything else, that I wouldn't need a confirmation. Is this normal? According to the original email I got from them, they said they would send me a confirmation in my name, but now
they are saying they don't do that any longer and to just show up with nothing. I'm scared of getting down there and not having a place to stay.
Nothing to worry about. You will be fine. We had two reservations combined over our 9 night stay. We were asked to pay at 50 days out. All I needed was ID to check in. Have a wonderful trip.
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #1017
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

Hey Aubriee hopefully it will all work out for you. Take a deep breath! You sound like a planner like me and you go crazy when things don't go the way you think they should go. I can sooo relate. I'm the exact same way.

I purchased mine on EBAY. I used Renting Resorts. For payment they used Skrill which I had never heard of and I was a little leary. But it all worked out fine. Paid in full yesterday and got my WBC confirmation this morning. This guy was on it!!! I was shocked and happy when I checked my email this morning and saw the confirmation email. Did I mention we landed a 4 bdrm PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!!?!?!?! I waited until the 60 day mark to get a low price, I don't recommend if you're not a risk taker. LOL!! But I knew somebody would have two-2 bdrms if it didn't work out. I've been perusing ebay every day for a month. When I saw my exact dates popup yesterday I grabbed it. WAA HOO!!! The risk paid off!

O, and I read a few days ago about the room number would be assigned on your confirmation. A room number was not assigned on my confirmation page in case anyone was wondering.

Flights booked - check
Car rental reserved - check
Hotel booked - CHECK!!!

58 days! YES!!!!
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #1018
EMHDad
DIS Veteran
 
EMHDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post
Hey Aubriee hopefully it will all work out for you. Take a deep breath! You sound like a planner like me and you go crazy when things don't go the way you think they should go. I can sooo relate. I'm the exact same way.

I purchased mine on EBAY. I used Renting Resorts. For payment they used Skrill which I had never heard of and I was a little leary. But it all worked out fine. Paid in full yesterday and got my WBC confirmation this morning. This guy was on it!!! I was shocked and happy when I checked my email this morning and saw the confirmation email. Did I mention we landed a 4 bdrm PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!!?!?!?! I waited until the 60 day mark to get a low price, I don't recommend if you're not a risk taker. LOL!! But I knew somebody would have two-2 bdrms if it didn't work out. I've been perusing ebay every day for a month. When I saw my exact dates popup yesterday I grabbed it. WAA HOO!!! The risk paid off!

O, and I read a few days ago about the room number would be assigned on your confirmation. A room number was not assigned on my confirmation page in case anyone was wondering.

Flights booked - check
Car rental reserved - check
Hotel booked - CHECK!!!

58 days! YES!!!!

Just curious... would you share the total price you got for the 4br pres. suite? I would like to get a picture of what a good deal it is.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fgur...ature=youtu.be
Our 2012 Disney Family Vacation Montage.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #1019
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
Just curious... would you share the total price you got for the 4br pres. suite? I would like to get a picture of what a good deal it is.
Ebay Tip: If you do a completed listings search, you can see what kind of deals EVERYONE is getting on Bonnet Creek.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #1020
darrius1st
Mouseketeer
 
darrius1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Baltimore,Maryland
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
I am really looking forward to staying at WBC again! we are going for 16 days, 1,800.,July 21-Aug.5th in a 2 bedroom.

We went last year and my DH fell in love with the resort, I guess he was not that big of a fan of sleeping on the floor trundle at POR I do love on site too, but WBC is close enough and the pools and the space = to the convenience of on site.

We usually do 2 week trips, but due to sports last trip we only did 11 days, so we had nor resort days This trip we have 4 days just to enjoy the resort and DTD!

Really looking forward to the mini golf and my DD's want to do a few of the activities at WBC this year. They looooooooooove the pirate pool and Lazy River.

We requested Lake view, building 5...hope we get it
Who did you rent from because that's a great price. We are looking for a 2bedroom for 7/20/13-8/3/13.
__________________
MEDWDD18DD16
DS12DS10DS6DD 18months
2006-Comfort Suites Universal-2008- Magical Memories-2009-Harbour Lake-2010-Bonnet Creek-Summer 2011-Bonnet Creek and Westgate Lakes-June 2012-Sheraton Vistana Villages-July 2013-The Fountains and Bonnet Creek
darrius1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.