Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #991
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
I will need to call the resort to ask about my question but thought with so many experienced WBC members on this board, i'd ask here first.

Question is regarding check out. Our flight home leaves Orlando T 8:20pm and we plan to be at the airport around 6:30pm. Yes, 2 hours prior as we are going to Toronto and traveling with small kids. Will WBC let us store our bags until we go? In the past at other resorts, the concierge stores our bag, gives us a ticket and we pick them up later on our way to the airport.

Has anyone been able to store bags after check out?

So excited! Only 1 more week and I can start making ADR.
Yes they will store your bags for you. On the way in they even stored our groceries we had just picked up in a fridge for us until our room was ready. The only issue is that the bellmen are very, very slow to come around.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #992
erineab
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can rent a 4 bedroom presidential through vacation strategy? We are here now (11 of us) and we rented two separate 2 bedroom units. We're thinking next year we'd love to be all together. Does anyone know how much more it would cost for a 4 bedroom pres. vs. two 2bdrm units?
erineab is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #993
Beezle2
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone here for all the awesome feedback on WBC! We were going back and forth (and round and round!) trying to decide how to fit 10 of us into something for our trip in Aug. We are DVC and had enough points to do most of the trip in a 2 bed but would need to buy extra points to finish. I looked at off site houses, value resorts...ect, ect. Decided to go with the fabulous quote from Farrells and got a 3 bedroom for our entire stay for under $1200! We are very happy and even though we love onsite I feel like we are really going to enjoy this trip. I think we will have a heck of the time getting people out of the fabulous pool to go to the parks!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #994
Lily & Giny's Mom
Mouseketeer

Other Time Share near SeaWorld?

I am not having any luck with search engine. In the past I read on this thread a recommendation for a place to stay with 2 bedroom units(similar to Bonnett Creek) but closer to Sea World. Does anyone know what resort it could have been? We want to add 3 days to current Bonnett Creek res. but doesn't look like it's available for our days (May). Any help would be appreciated.
Lily & Giny's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #995
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
Does anyone know if you can rent a 4 bedroom presidential through vacation strategy? We are here now (11 of us) and we rented two separate 2 bedroom units. We're thinking next year we'd love to be all together. Does anyone know how much more it would cost for a 4 bedroom pres. vs. two 2bdrm units?
We did for $160/night over April vacation.

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

kellyw8863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #996
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

We are traveling in a couple of weeks with our medically complex child and are hoping to have her medical supplies shipped ahead of time so that we don't have to carry it all on the plane. Anyone know if this is possible? Just trying to figure out logistics as our date is quickly approaching. Eeek!

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

kellyw8863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #997
Cheesehead9
Earning My Ears

Can anyone comment on the in-room wireless/wired internet speed and connectability.

Is it spotty? Is the wired connection more reliable than the wireless? Has anyone run a speed-test on the BC internet and could share the results?

I need to set up a few computers in-room for my office away from home . We will be there next week and I'm hoping for a better idea of what to expect.
Cheesehead9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #998
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

I brought my airport express. It was worth bringing. Wireless is comparable to other hotels, not great.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #999
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

My DH just surprised me with a surprise trip to BC in July. My daughters and I are going in June and doing Disney. My husband doesn't love Disney so we are just going for rest and relaxation. Can anyone suggest a few restaurants around the area that we should try?

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #1000
Lumiere's Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead9 View Post
Can anyone comment on the in-room wireless/wired internet speed and connectability.

Is it spotty? Is the wired connection more reliable than the wireless? Has anyone run a speed-test on the BC internet and could share the results?

I need to set up a few computers in-room for my office away from home . We will be there next week and I'm hoping for a better idea of what to expect.
Internet service varies depending on what building you are in. A wired connection is always more reliable. I suggest taking a wireless router with you. I've not done that, but have known people who have. If you need reliable internet, that's the way to go.
Lumiere's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #1001
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Babysitting Services

I realize that WBC doesn't have childcare for guests except those doing the timeshare tour and only during the timeshare spiel.
Does the concierge service have babysitting referrals? Does anyone on this board have a suggestion?
We would like to go shopping one day at the outlet stores (being Canadians we find the US stores a bargain) but know that dragging a 3 and 4 year old along will not be fun for them, or us. We were hoping to get a sitter for 4 or so hours that day.

Thanks.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #1002
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
I realize that WBC doesn't have childcare for guests except those doing the timeshare tour and only during the timeshare spiel.
Does the concierge service have babysitting referrals? Does anyone on this board have a suggestion?
We would like to go shopping one day at the outlet stores (being Canadians we find the US stores a bargain) but know that dragging a 3 and 4 year old along will not be fun for them, or us. We were hoping to get a sitter for 4 or so hours that day.

Thanks.
Might be best to call WBC and talk to concierge.

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #1003
lhguillory
Magic Happens

WBC November

We got a great deal from VS over Thanksgiving this year. This trip will be our second within the last 5 years and our first staying off-site. I am a bit nervous about losing some Disney magic being off-site, but I could not justify the cost of on-site properties during Thanksgiving. We are die-hard park-goers and will be there at rope-drop every day and will stay until they shoo us out.
lhguillory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #1004
snowang
Earning My Ears

Reasonable price to pay for 2 br Spring Break

We'll be at WDW for 6 days during the spring break week. Started planning in Jan. and was already too late to get a 2 br at WBC. While I have a backup reservation with Wyndham Grand Orlando that is fully refundable, I've been waiting for the 15 day window to come up hoping someone may cancel with WBC. This was a tip given by one of the rental places. Today I got a quote for $200/night at a 2 br Deluxe and $240/nt for 2br presidential. They are definitely much higher than what I was prepared to pay, plus there is the $12/day parking fee. Are these reasonable prices for peak dates? What are there chances that things start to open up more even closer to the travel date?
snowang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #1005
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere's Mom View Post

Internet service varies depending on what building you are in. A wired connection is always more reliable. I suggest taking a wireless router with you. I've not done that, but have known people who have. If you need reliable internet, that's the way to go.
I used one last trip and it worked great, made it easy for the iPad to be used and I could work from any room too that way.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote