Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #976
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Papa murphy's pizza

Are any of these Papa Murphy Pizza locations near WBC?

1. Ocoee/Maguire
2534 Maguire Road
Ocoee, FL 34761
(407) 877-2882

2. Apopka/Hunt Club
450 South Hunt Club Blvd.
Apopka, FL 32703
(407) 628-9933

3. Lake Mary/West Lake Mary
3801 West Lake Mary Blvd
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(407) 302-8585
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #977
Tonaldsmum
Earning My Ears

Nov 29th for a week

Hi
We are staying at WBC for a week to celebrate my 50th birthday (just the hubbie and myself) in a one bedroom. Any advise on which tower we should request as I know it is likely to be busy it being thanks giving week.
This thread is great.
Tonaldsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #978
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post
Are any of these Papa Murphy Pizza locations near WBC?

1. Ocoee/Maguire
2534 Maguire Road
Ocoee, FL 34761
(407) 877-2882

2. Apopka/Hunt Club
450 South Hunt Club Blvd.
Apopka, FL 32703
(407) 628-9933

3. Lake Mary/West Lake Mary
3801 West Lake Mary Blvd
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(407) 302-8585
Doesn't look like it.

Doing a Google Maps search, it appears that all 3 of those locations are on the northern side of Orlando. WBC is South of Orlando like much of the tourist areas.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #979
LittlMissApril
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMWfamily View Post
That's a hoot! Exactly like us, only we arrive a few days after you leave to start our exact same plan. LOL. Where are you staying with your Inlaws? We are staying at Silver Lake Resort. Their home resort is Hilton Head, so they exchanged this year to try Disney... They have never been to Disney, and wanted to do it once with the kids while they are little enough to feel the magic. Then we will need a vacation from the vacation, so the four of us, DH, kids and myself, are staying at Bonnet Creek. I rented a few nights on Redweek. Love Redweek!
They actually live in Fl, Patrick AFB. They were a bit disappointed we weren't staying with them the entire vacation, but my family & I need some "us" time. I hate the feeling of tiptoeing around the house as to not wake them. I have a 10 month old and our schedule is much different than theirs (they are retired). I've only been to Disney once, 2 years ago. So, I'm just as excited.
LittlMissApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #980
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Doesn't look like it.

Doing a Google Maps search, it appears that all 3 of those locations are on the northern side of Orlando. WBC is South of Orlando like much of the tourist areas.
Thx DCTooTall

Sounds like a nice ride for the grandparents and my GPS. LOL!
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #981
amhornback
Earning My Ears

Has anyone checked in late recently and received a bad room/view, opposite of what you requested? I'm worried about where we will be placed because we will be checking in late on March 30. I know it's pretty much completely full that week.
amhornback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #982
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhornback View Post
Has anyone checked in late recently and received a bad room/view, opposite of what you requested? I'm worried about where we will be placed because we will be checking in late on March 30. I know it's pretty much completely full that week.
Last time I was there, I checked in at about 3 pm, and instead of the building I asked for, I got another one "with a great view." The "great view" was of the parking lot. So I think it's just a matter of luck.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #983
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhornback View Post
A consistent theme of this thread is that views are not guaranteed and requests are just requests. On this board, trip advisor and speaking to those who have stayed at WBC before, it is just luck of the draw as to views and room requests. WBC has become more and more popular and therefore is full most of the time with Disney and non Disney guests. My friends just returned and stayed there 3 weeks and didn't go to WDW once this time with their kids. They go yearly so didn't care for a fireworks view so asked for a lake view. They didn't get one. Last year, they asked for a fireworks view and didn't get it.
Ironically, they are Wyndham owners but this isn't their home resort, they traded in.
I hope you get the view you like but at the end of the day, your vacation won't be spent staring at your view most of the time and your time there will still be great provided you have a positive attitude and don't sweat the small stuff. These are things I have been telling myself as I can get disappointed by things like room requests not being met toi.

On a positive note, my friend said WBC had a vacant suite open to the guests in the evening to watch fireworks. Her and hubby took the kids a couple of times and said whilst it was nice, you cannot see much of a show from WBC. This was the case last year too. As the show is a lazer, light and fireworks show, you can only see the big bursts of fireworks intermittently throughout the show and not the lazers or lights. There are long pauses between the fireworks parts so it can be a let down for those wishing to see Illuminati.

Everyone I've spoken to says to truly see the fireworks you must make the effort in Epcot or MK one night and see it properly. Perhaps others on here disagree and have a different experience? If so, I don't profess to be an expert, just sharing info.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:34 AM   #984
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
A consistent theme of this thread is that views are not guaranteed and requests are just requests. On this board, trip advisor and speaking to those who have stayed at WBC before, it is just luck of the draw as to views and room requests. WBC has become more and more popular and therefore is full most of the time with Disney and non Disney guests. My friends just returned and stayed there 3 weeks and didn't go to WDW once this time with their kids. They go yearly so didn't care for a fireworks view so asked for a lake view. They didn't get one. Last year, they asked for a fireworks view and didn't get it.
Ironically, they are Wyndham owners but this isn't their home resort, they traded in.
I hope you get the view you like but at the end of the day, your vacation won't be spent staring at your view most of the time and your time there will still be great provided you have a positive attitude and don't sweat the small stuff. These are things I have been telling myself as I can get disappointed by things like room requests not being met toi.

On a positive note, my friend said WBC had a vacant suite open to the guests in the evening to watch fireworks. Her and hubby took the kids a couple of times and said whilst it was nice, you cannot see much of a show from WBC. This was the case last year too. As the show is a lazer, light and fireworks show, you can only see the big bursts of fireworks intermittently throughout the show and not the lazers or lights. There are long pauses between the fireworks parts so it can be a let down for those wishing to see Illuminati.

Everyone I've spoken to says to truly see the fireworks you must make the effort in Epcot or MK one night and see it properly. Perhaps others on here disagree and have a different experience? If so, I don't profess to be an expert, just sharing info.
The fireworks view from BWV is like this too- only the higher explosions are visible.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #985
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal

We had a fireworks view and found this to be true. It was neat to see the fireworks from the balcony. Without the music or special effects, they are just fireworks. We watched them only once.

However, I did like seeing Spaceship Earth from our unit. It was a constant reminder that we were at Disney.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #986
Spanky
Mouseketeer

Tonaldsmum - are you arriving on Nov. 29 or leaving? We arrive Nov. 30 for a week to celebrate my 70th birthday. The first week of December is the next to best week for low attendance at the parks. [Second week of December is considered the lowest attendance of the 52 weeks in a year] I agree that Friday 29 & Sat. 30 will be busy but the crowds should all go home on Sunday and we should be able to enjoy all the Christmas items without large crowds.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #987
JerseyMouse
Mouseketeer

Where to shop?

We plan to stop at the store on the way from Orlando Airport (MCO) to Bonnet Creek. Which is the most convenient place to stop:

Walmart
Super Target
Costco
Other??

Thanks! Do any of the above places have wine/beer.

We will be coming in mid afternoon on a Tuesday so not prime time for shopping.....
JerseyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #988
amhornback
Earning My Ears

Thanks for advice on checking in. Not sure how to reply specifically to each of you. I'm just concerned about condition of room really. We stayed last year at BC for Spring Break too and we had to ask for a different room because of condition of furniture. I think they have replaced the defective ones. Only 16 more days!
amhornback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #989
JerseyMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMouse View Post
We plan to stop at the store on the way from Orlando Airport (MCO) to Bonnet Creek. Which is the most convenient place to stop:

Walmart
Super Target
Costco
Other??

Thanks! Do any of the above places have wine/beer.

We will be coming in mid afternoon on a Tuesday so not prime time for shopping.....
Found the answer here ---> http://allears.net/btp/grocery.htm
JerseyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #990
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Check out- bag storage?

I will need to call the resort to ask about my question but thought with so many experienced WBC members on this board, i'd ask here first.

Question is regarding check out. Our flight home leaves Orlando T 8:20pm and we plan to be at the airport around 6:30pm. Yes, 2 hours prior as we are going to Toronto and traveling with small kids. Will WBC let us store our bags until we go? In the past at other resorts, the concierge stores our bag, gives us a ticket and we pick them up later on our way to the airport.

Has anyone been able to store bags after check out?

So excited! Only 1 more week and I can start making ADR.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote