Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #961
keywestbride
Mouseketeer

I just booked a May trip with Vacation Strategy. This will be our first stay at Bonnet Creek, and I'm so excited! Thank you to everyone who contributes to the Bonnet Creek threads. I've found so much great information, and lots of gorgeous pictures.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, if I want to make a room request, I should call the resort directly 2 weeks before the trip, and then mention it again upon check in?

As far as which room to request, I'd love something with a view of one of the parks. It looks like bldgs 4 and 5, upper floors, with fireworks views are good bets?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #962
Robbi
DIS Veteran

My husband and I were at breakfast this morning where we saw the mom of one of our elder son's friends. We had not seen each other in years as our sons are now 37 and long past high school. We were talking and somehow it came up that I'm going to WDW with my daughter and her friend. Turns out she's an owner at WBC! She offered me a too good to pass up deal. So as soon as everything is finalized, I'm canceling my BWV reservation for our new WBC reservation. So excited!!!
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #963
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

Just booked a 2 bed 2 bath at Bonnet Creek for four nights in July. We're doing a split vacation, staying with relatives for a week before, and figured while we were in Florida with no work,school or plans that are pressing to get back to, we'd add a few days at a resort I've been wanting to try.... I am so excited.

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
SMWfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #964
LittlMissApril
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMWfamily View Post
Just booked a 2 bed 2 bath at Bonnet Creek for four nights in July. We're doing a split vacation, staying with relatives for a week before, and figured while we were in Florida with no work,school or plans that are pressing to get back to, we'd add a few days at a resort I've been wanting to try.... I am so excited.
This is exactly what we're doing. Staying June 28 to July 2 with the inlaws & July 2 to the 5th at Bonnet Creek. This is our first time staying there & this forum is getting me even more excited for my trip.
LittlMissApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #965
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlMissApril View Post
This is exactly what we're doing. Staying June 28 to July 2 with the inlaws & July 2 to the 5th at Bonnet Creek. This is our first time staying there & this forum is getting me even more excited for my trip.
That's a hoot! Exactly like us, only we arrive a few days after you leave to start our exact same plan. LOL. Where are you staying with your Inlaws? We are staying at Silver Lake Resort. Their home resort is Hilton Head, so they exchanged this year to try Disney... They have never been to Disney, and wanted to do it once with the kids while they are little enough to feel the magic. Then we will need a vacation from the vacation, so the four of us, DH, kids and myself, are staying at Bonnet Creek. I rented a few nights on Redweek. Love Redweek!

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
SMWfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #966
erineab
Mouseketeer

We arrived on Friday for our first ever stay at WBC and we are totally blown away. When we checked in we asked if it was possible to have a pool or lake view as well as a fireworks view (thinking of course that it wouldn't likely happen but it couldn't hurt to ask). We were given a room in tower 1 on the 5th floor overlooking both the lake and main pool, and we have a perfect view of the Epcot ball and fireworks!
The room is in great shape (looks like the couch is brand new) and we are just so impressed with everything overall. My husband said yesterday that he thinks we should cancel our disney cruise for next year and stay here again!
I officially LOVE Bonnet Creek!
erineab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #967
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
We arrived on Friday for our first ever stay at WBC and we are totally blown away. When we checked in we asked if it was possible to have a pool or lake view as well as a fireworks view (thinking of course that it wouldn't likely happen but it couldn't hurt to ask). We were given a room in tower 1 on the 5th floor overlooking both the lake and main pool, and we have a perfect view of the Epcot ball and fireworks!
The room is in great shape (looks like the couch is brand new) and we are just so impressed with everything overall. My husband said yesterday that he thinks we should cancel our disney cruise for next year and stay here again!
I officially LOVE Bonnet Creek!
Yay! Your post has me even more excited for our first stay.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #968
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadada View Post
Thank you. That's what I figured.

If I might try to dig further here: do you think since we're planning either a late October to Mid November (presumably low season) that it would matter much?

Or another way to ask this question that might be valuable for all of us to know: does WBC ever offer occupancy rates by the month?
The End of October thru the first several weeks of November are the "Value" season for points at WBC. As a result, It could be more full than you'd think due to owners booking stays for themselves. (Similar to how DVC's crowded periods tend to be different than the 'regular' crowded periods due to the way the points work).

That being said.... I honestly wouldn't say the time of year would have much of an impact. I think for most towers, the 3 bdrm units are usually at the end of the halls, which mean they are at the building ends. The central section is composed of the 1 and 2 bdrms. (THINK, at least in the towers I've paid attention to, that the 1bdrms tend to be placed on the "inside curve" near the elevators). The 3bdrm balconies are also going to be on the end of the building, usually facing the building next to you, instead of the sides like most of the other units (facing the pool or parking lots). Your bedroom windows however may get a decent view if you are high enough and the angle of the building you are in is correct.

This orientation results in only a very small handful of 3bdrm units in those 2 towers that may have a decent fireworks view. Maybe 10-15 units tops? (High enough to see over the trees/parking garage/ etc... be on the correct end of the building, and on the correct side.). On the other hand, 2bdrms you are going to have a LOT more units which good, or decent firework views. Again, you'd have to worry about being high enough to see over the trees and parking, but add in the fact there are more 2bdrms on each side than 3bdrms.... and the fact the balcony is going to give you a larger acceptable viewing angle (so rooms not directly facing the park will still be able to see them), and it's pretty easy to see that your odds are much greater to get a 2bdrm with a fireworks view in those towers.

Also remember that you can't reserve or request a specific view and have it guarenteed in any way like you might a hotel. At WBC, with the exception of Presidential units, all room inventory is classed based solely on the room size. All 1bdrms, 2bdrms, and 3bdrms are treated alike. Your request is therefore treated as just a request... but based on availability and other requests, There is nothing saying they can or will grant your requests. The more flexibility you give them in your request however, the more likely they'll be able to grant it. (give them more options to choose from in granting that request, and it's more likely they'll be able to do so.... so giving a request that only has 10 units at the entire resort that can match that request, vs a request that has 50 units that can match that request, and the 50 unit request is more likely to be granted.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoglasslippers View Post
Hi! We are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time in October. We checked out the property last March and it was just lovely and the pools looked like so much fun! We are very excited! I am sure this has been answered in one of the Bonnet Creek threads, but I am wondering if people decorate their windows here? I have a lot of Mickey halloween decorations from the last time we went to MNSSHP so I'm wondering if I should bring them or not- or maybe bring them and just decorate inside. Thanks!
I'll be honest and say that I have seen a few window decorations around the resort when sitting on my room's balcony before..... but it doesn't happen often.

Remember that the resort does not have outdoor hallways (Like the Values), and with towers ranging from 9stories to 19 stories, The majority of the rooms (and windows) are going to be too high for people to really make out your decorations from the ground. The building layouts also mean that there is a relative small number of windows you can really see from your balcony or windows.

So with all that said, You are free to decorate your window if you would like too, Just keep in mind that there may not be a whole lot of people who can really enjoy them. I'd probably class it as a "do it if you enjoy doing it, but don't do it expecting others to comment upon it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by keywestbride View Post
I just booked a May trip with Vacation Strategy. This will be our first stay at Bonnet Creek, and I'm so excited! Thank you to everyone who contributes to the Bonnet Creek threads. I've found so much great information, and lots of gorgeous pictures.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, if I want to make a room request, I should call the resort directly 2 weeks before the trip, and then mention it again upon check in?

As far as which room to request, I'd love something with a view of one of the parks. It looks like bldgs 4 and 5, upper floors, with fireworks views are good bets?
possibly. You can also get a good view of MGM from the Towers 1, 2, and 3 Parking lot side.

Remember that you are practically surrounded by Disney Property, So as long as you are high enough to see over the surrounding trees and buildings, You can see items at MGM, EPCOT, and DTD/Typhoon Lagoon pretty each from the WBC Resort.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #969
twoglasslippers
Earning My Ears

Thank you, Upatnoon and DCTooTall. I didn't realize there aren't outside corridors. I might just bring some and decorate inside a little. It's really for my kids enjoyment- last time we went was the first time we put any decorations up and they really thought it was great! I appreciate the information!

twoglasslippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #970
kathfish
Mouseketeer

Planning stages!

Usually stay on site, but this Bonnet Creek sounds really nice as far as pool, location and price....

I'm a bit confused and want to make sure I'm looking at the same place. I am finding pricing for a "regular" hotel. 2 queen beds. It is Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort....

???
kathfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #971
keywestbride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathfish View Post
Planning stages!

Usually stay on site, but this Bonnet Creek sounds really nice as far as pool, location and price....

I'm a bit confused and want to make sure I'm looking at the same place. I am finding pricing for a "regular" hotel. 2 queen beds. It is Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort....

???
Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can look at their site, but most people here book through an owner, or a broker for owners. If you book through Wyndham, you will pay several times the amount.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #972
akadada
Doin' It All for My Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
The End of October thru the first several weeks of November are the "Value" season for points at WBC. As a result, It could be more full than you'd think due to owners booking stays for themselves. (Similar to how DVC's crowded periods tend to be different than the 'regular' crowded periods due to the way the points work).

That being said.... I honestly wouldn't say the time of year would have much of an impact. I think for most towers, the 3 bdrm units are usually at the end of the halls, which mean they are at the building ends. The central section is composed of the 1 and 2 bdrms. (THINK, at least in the towers I've paid attention to, that the 1bdrms tend to be placed on the "inside curve" near the elevators). The 3bdrm balconies are also going to be on the end of the building, usually facing the building next to you, instead of the sides like most of the other units (facing the pool or parking lots). Your bedroom windows however may get a decent view if you are high enough and the angle of the building you are in is correct.

This orientation results in only a very small handful of 3bdrm units in those 2 towers that may have a decent fireworks view. Maybe 10-15 units tops? (High enough to see over the trees/parking garage/ etc... be on the correct end of the building, and on the correct side.). On the other hand, 2bdrms you are going to have a LOT more units which good, or decent firework views. Again, you'd have to worry about being high enough to see over the trees and parking, but add in the fact there are more 2bdrms on each side than 3bdrms.... and the fact the balcony is going to give you a larger acceptable viewing angle (so rooms not directly facing the park will still be able to see them), and it's pretty easy to see that your odds are much greater to get a 2bdrm with a fireworks view in those towers.

Also remember that you can't reserve or request a specific view and have it guarenteed in any way like you might a hotel. At WBC, with the exception of Presidential units, all room inventory is classed based solely on the room size. All 1bdrms, 2bdrms, and 3bdrms are treated alike. Your request is therefore treated as just a request... but based on availability and other requests, There is nothing saying they can or will grant your requests. The more flexibility you give them in your request however, the more likely they'll be able to grant it. (give them more options to choose from in granting that request, and it's more likely they'll be able to do so.... so giving a request that only has 10 units at the entire resort that can match that request, vs a request that has 50 units that can match that request, and the 50 unit request is more likely to be granted.)
That was very helpful; thank you.
akadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #973
Robbi
DIS Veteran

We're all official! Our reservation confirmation came in. Any hints or tips that would help to make our stay more pleasant besides all the wonderful information in the OP?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #974
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
We're all official! Our reservation confirmation came in. Any hints or tips that would help to make our stay more pleasant besides all the wonderful information in the OP?
If it is getting late and you have to decide where to go for dinner, bag it and order a pizza from the bar at the pool outside tower 3 ( the one with the twisty slide). It's not the worlds greatest pizza but the convenience is sooo worth it.

The pirate slide is pretty good as well.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #975
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
If it is getting late and you have to decide where to go for dinner, bag it and order a pizza from the bar at the pool outside tower 3 ( the one with the twisty slide). It's not the worlds greatest pizza but the convenience is sooo worth it.

The pirate slide is pretty good as well.
Thanks, good to know about the pizza and slide.

Last edited by Robbi; 03-13-2013 at 01:09 AM.