Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #946
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDef View Post
I'm staying at WBC 5/10 to 5/17

What are the chances of being able to request two units next to each other? We are traveling with my parents, but each have a 2 bedroom unit reserved.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post
I have the same question. We don't have to be next door but the same floor or tower would be nice.
With 2bdrms there is a TON of options for the resort to try and place you close to each other. No Guarantees of your being placed next to each other, but very good odds of getting the same tower and maybe even the same floor.

Like all requests, it's not guaranteed, but if you call the resort in advance to make your request known, and give them a ton of options (ie... 'please be as close as possible... same tower/floor'... not 'we want to be directly next to each other... . located in a fireworks view rooms in tower 3 on the higher floors'), They can do their best to try and grant those requests. The more flexibility or options you have within your request, the better the chances of it being granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarager View Post
Does anyone have driving directions to the parks from Bonnet Creek? I would love to study up on the easiest way around before we arrive.

Thanks,
Paul
They've been posted a few times in this thread and previous incarnations of the thread. "long ways" can simply be "leave the resort and head to East Buena Vista. Turn left at the light. Follow the Disney signs to the park of your choice.

More Precise directions, and the ways I tend to go as I think they are the shortest/fastest options....

(sorry.. some road names escape me at the moment)

Animal Kingdom:

Turn left at the light. Go to Victory Way (2nd light?) and make a left. Follow the road past the POP/AoA till you get to WWoS. Turn Right. Follow this road to Animal Kingdom's Parking lot.

(Alternate direction: Turn Left onto East Buena Vista from the Resort. Follow this road past Blizzard Beach.... You'll come to a light just before an overpass. Turn Right to get onto the highway and the Animal Kingdom parking light is just ahead. )

MGM:

Left at the Light. Follow the road until you get to the MGM's back entrance. It's a left at the light across from the Boardwalk. [Hess station on the corner to your right.]

EPCOT:

Turn Right at the light. Go under the Bridge and turn left. Follow the road to the 2nd light (past overpass rd) and turn left to get onto EPCOT CENTER DRIVE. Stay in the right lanes to get to the EPCOT Parking lot.

Magic Kingdom:

Turn Right at the light. Go under the Bridge and turn left. Follow the road to the 2nd light (past overpass rd) and turn left to get onto EPCOT CENTER DRIVE. Get into the left hand lane to avoid the EPCOT Parking lot entrance. Get back into the right lane as soon as it returns so you can take the first exit onto World Drive. Magic Kingdom Parking lot is just ahead.

And DTD/Typhoon Lagoon..... Just turn right at the light. Go under the bridge and keep going straight. DTD is ahead on your left. Typhoon Lagoon on your right.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #947
tammyroo
Mouseketeer

Any reason we should let WBC know we are arriving later at night...probably 10p or after once we stop for groceries?
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #948
akadada
Doin' It All for My Baby.

3BR Fireworks v. 2BR Fireworks probability?

Hi all,

First of all; thanks for this fantastic thread and the contributors who make it great: what a wonderful resource!

We're looking at booking either end of October or early November. We're getting quoted a great price on either a 2BR v. 3BR via Vacation Strategy.

(As an aside, we booked and then had to unfortunately cancel via Vacation Upgrades a few years back and they were absolutely fantastic to work with and did get our price down at 60 day mark - I would work with them again as well if it weren't for the large difference in pricing)...

Anyway, We're about to book WBC and we would love a Tower 4 or 5 Fireworks view. We understand that it's not certain, but from a probability standpoint, is there a difference between a 3BR v. 2BR firework view preference request being met?
akadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #949
funkymunky
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Does anyone think I'd have a prayer of getting a WBC reservation for April 9 -16th?
If so, can someone recommend who to try to book through. Right now we're booked at POR Royal Room but we're used to DVC and I'm afraid we'll feel cramped. Thanks!
We got a reservation (1 bedroom) last week for a March 20th stay from Shelby resorts an owner. Found them on My resort network. All the usual booking places had no availability. This is the first time with Shelby resorts for us, but so far bookings etc have gone smoothly. WBC has confirmed our bookings. 5 star resort vacations also contacted us with availability due to cancellations but we had already locked in with Shelby. Good luck
funkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #950
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymunky View Post
We got a reservation (1 bedroom) last week for a March 20th stay from Shelby resorts an owner. Found them on My resort network. All the usual booking places had no availability. This is the first time with Shelby resorts for us, but so far bookings etc have gone smoothly. WBC has confirmed our bookings. 5 star resort vacations also contacted us with availability due to cancellations but we had already locked in with Shelby. Good luck

You can confirm with WBC 10 days before? really?????
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #951
funkymunky
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki02 View Post
You can confirm with WBC 10 days before? really?????
Yes, we called the main number for WBC and they confirmed that our bookings were there. They go by last name and not the reservation number. HTH
funkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #952
ohionola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadada
Hi all,

First of all; thanks for this fantastic thread and the contributors who make it great: what a wonderful resource!

We're looking at booking either end of October or early November. We're getting quoted a great price on either a 2BR v. 3BR via Vacation Strategy.

(As an aside, we booked and then had to unfortunately cancel via Vacation Upgrades a few years back and they were absolutely fantastic to work with and did get our price down at 60 day mark - I would work with them again as well if it weren't for the large difference in pricing)...

Anyway, We're about to book WBC and we would love a Tower 4 or 5 Fireworks view. We understand that it's not certain, but from a probability standpoint, is there a difference between a 3BR v. 2BR firework view preference request being met?
Yes, there are fewer 3 bedroom units than 2 bedroom so the odds are less likely with a 3 bedroom (strictly based on numbers).
ohionola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #953
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Found it!

Last edited by Robbi; 03-10-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #954
akadada
Doin' It All for My Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohionola View Post
Yes, there are fewer 3 bedroom units than 2 bedroom so the odds are less likely with a 3 bedroom (strictly based on numbers).
Thank you. That's what I figured.

If I might try to dig further here: do you think since we're planning either a late October to Mid November (presumably low season) that it would matter much?

Or another way to ask this question that might be valuable for all of us to know: does WBC ever offer occupancy rates by the month?
akadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #955
AckermanPartyof6
Mouseketeer

Looking for a 3 Bedroom in June

Hi All,

I am looking for a 3 bedroom for June. This trip came as a surprise. Do you think I am out of luck since June is so close? Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
V
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #956
pcstang
Earning My Ears

I made my reservation through Farrellsvacations for 7 nights in June in a 4 bedroom. Vs and Vu did not have any inventory. One of those two did give me a price if a 4 bedroom became available and Farrell was $951 less. Farrell was extremely easy to work with.
pcstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #957
AckermanPartyof6
Mouseketeer

Thanks PC, I will give Farrell's a try!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #958
twoglasslippers
Earning My Ears

Hi! We are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time in October. We checked out the property last March and it was just lovely and the pools looked like so much fun! We are very excited! I am sure this has been answered in one of the Bonnet Creek threads, but I am wondering if people decorate their windows here? I have a lot of Mickey halloween decorations from the last time we went to MNSSHP so I'm wondering if I should bring them or not- or maybe bring them and just decorate inside. Thanks!

twoglasslippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #959
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Hey guys, just wondering if there is a building you would recommend. Are all the rooms updated in each building or only certain ones? Thank you!

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #960
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoglasslippers View Post
Hi! We are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time in October. We checked out the property last March and it was just lovely and the pools looked like so much fun! We are very excited! I am sure this has been answered in one of the Bonnet Creek threads, but I am wondering if people decorate their windows here? I have a lot of Mickey halloween decorations from the last time we went to MNSSHP so I'm wondering if I should bring them or not- or maybe bring them and just decorate inside. Thanks!
Keep in mind that there is a good chance that no one from the outside will see your decorations.
Upatnoon is online now   Reply With Quote