Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #871
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spel View Post
Is there a laundry basket in the unit?
No laundry basket in the unit. I always bring one of those pop open laundry baskets. They fold perfectly flat and slid right in the front of my suitcase. I keep it in the bathroom and everyone puts their dirty clothes in it. Its much better than stacking them on the floor. I do at least one load of laundry a day and it comes in super handy.
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #872
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
Sorry but I've got to ask.......laundry basket? Really?

To answer the question. No.
Does this mean you will be bringing a laundry basket with you I when you travel? Flying or driving?
This one has me
Some timeshares have them.

We always drive so (many people make fun of me for this), I just pack in laundry baskets. So much easier. I wash everthing before we leave and when we get home we just put the clothes away.

Oh and no dark little crevices for bed bugs to hang out in.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #873
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Resort fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek

So I received an email from Farrell's Vacations this morning that Wyndham Bonnet Creek is implementing a $5 per person per day fee for the shuttle instead of $12 per unit. It is charged for each person age 3 and up. As we are traveling with one 3 year old, one 4 year old and 2 adults, that means $20 for us. That raises it quite a bit. I wasn't too pleased with $12 per day and the $5 per person is even worse.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #874
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spel View Post
Is there a laundry basket in the unit?
No. We used the washer as our "laundry hamper". When it got full, we ran it
Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #875
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal
So I received an email from Farrell's Vacations this morning that Wyndham Bonnet Creek is implementing a $5 per person per day fee for the shuttle instead of $12 per unit. It is charged for each person age 3 and up. As we are traveling with one 3 year old, one 4 year old and 2 adults, that means $20 for us. That raises it quite a bit. I wasn't too pleased with $12 per day and the $5 per person is even worse.
That's the same situation we are in. Rent a car. It's cheaper. Dollar right now has a week long full size vehicle for $100 plus taxes for May. It would cost us $128 to ride the shuttle to the hotel. $14/day parking will actually save money. I doubt they will have many that will use that service at that price.
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #876
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkum View Post
That's the same situation we are in. Rent a car. It's cheaper. Dollar right now has a week long full size vehicle for $100 plus taxes for May. It would cost us $128 to ride the shuttle to the hotel. $14/day parking will actually save money. I doubt they will have many that will use that service at that price.
Thank you for posting the Dollar deal for May. I hadn't checked this week. WAAA HOOO!!! We were renting a minivan and car. We're renting two full size cars. I just saved $208.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #877
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt

Thank you for posting the Dollar deal for May. I hadn't checked this week. WAAA HOOO!!! We were renting a minivan and car. We're renting two full size cars. I just saved $208.
Glad to help!
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #878
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
I file this under the "be careful what you wish for..." banner. People were complaining about how the flat $12/per day fee per unit for the shuttles wasn't 'fair' because not everyone uses the shuttle... or how it made it more expensive per person for a 1bdrm unit vs. a 2, 3, or 4bdrm unit.... So the resort changed the plan to be more fair and only charge those using the service.

That being said.... I've always preferred to just rent a car and drive anyways. It makes things much easier, and when you factor in not only the new daily shuttle charges as well as the airport transportation, it just makes more sense.

Depending upon how long your trip is, It might also be worth looking into getting at least one person in your group an annual pass at Disney. It'll give you free parking (save the $14/day parking fee at the parks), as well as some other perks like discounts in the shops and some tableservice places.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #879
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
...... Depending upon how long your trip is, It might also be worth looking into getting at least one person in your group an annual pass at Disney. It'll give you free parking (save the $14/day parking fee at the parks), as well as some other perks like discounts in the shops and some tableservice places.
I'll second the annual pass suggestion. We are going for 10 days, so if we choose to drive and park every day, we'd be spending $140 on parking alone, and the upgrade from one 10 day ticket to an AP would be close to $200. The AP also gets you shopping discounts and some restaurant discounts where you don't need to buy a TIW card.

We can get 10% off for lunch at a few Epcot restaurants, Earl of Sandwich for the fantastic Holiday sandwich, and all day at other resort restaurants so we feel we'll use up the $200 extra cost and then some.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #880
Familytradition
Earning My Ears

So if i'm understanding all this.....BC will only charge you if you actually use their shuttle now ?
Familytradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #881
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familytradition View Post
So if i'm understanding all this.....BC will only charge you if you actually use their shuttle now ?
From the information available so far, correct.

The new fees start on March 1st, so we'll be able to get some first hand reports on how it works in practice starting next week.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #882
erineab
Mouseketeer

A question about the wireless internet......it seems to me people have mentioned in the past that it is quite spotty. Is this still the case and, if so, is there wired internet access available in the units that is more reliable?
erineab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #883
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
A question about the wireless internet......it seems to me people have mentioned in the past that it is quite spotty. Is this still the case and, if so, is there wired internet access available in the units that is more reliable?
Yes, there is a wired connection in all the units. The resort-wide Wifi is a relatively new thing at the resort. Prior to this all rooms had internet access via a connection on the back of the IP-Phone on the kitchen counter/Breakfast Bar. When the Wifi was added they did not remove the wired connections.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #884
spel
Mouseketeer

That is very helpful- thank you!

QUOTE="SYDCOLEMOM"]

No laundry basket in the unit. I always bring one of those pop open laundry baskets. They fold perfectly flat and slid right in the front of my suitcase. I keep it in the bathroom and everyone puts their dirty clothes in it. Its much better than stacking them on the floor. I do at least one load of laundry a day and it comes in super handy.[/QUOTE]
spel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #885
spel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome

Sorry but I've got to ask.......laundry basket? Really?

To answer the question. No.
Does this mean you will be bringing a laundry basket with you I when you travel? Flying or driving?
This one has me
Your response was condascending & utterly obnoxious. Next time, save the attitude, skateshome. FYI, the last condo/timeshare we stayed in supplied a laundry basket in unit. It was very useful as we did laundry a few times. Since BC does not provide one, I will bring a pop-up hamper, as another kind, helpful person here recommended in their post. That way, the bathroom floor is not covered in dirty laundry. Really.
spel is offline   Reply With Quote