Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #841
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAKid View Post
I have a few Bonnet Creek questions that may have already been asked, so I appreciate your patience. 2 full, and 1 extensive threads is A LOT to go through.

5. Can anyone tell me the estimated driving time from BC to the different parks, and the level of traffic you encountered on an early morning/end of the night run?

Thanks very much for your time and any information you are able to pass on.
It should not take more than 15 minutes to any park. But don't forget, for Magic Kingdom that is the parking lot.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #842
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I just found this website with lots of photos of Bonnet Creek. (They look to be a couple years old)

http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels...resort/photos/

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #843
shopn24seven
DIS Veteran

Those are AWESOME pix. I have never seen that site before, but Inwill remember it.

2014 OKW
2014 AoA
2013 BC
2012 POR
2011 CR
2010 AKL
2009 POP
2004 ASMo
1984 Off Site FIRST VISIT
shopn24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #844
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I just found this website with lots of photos of Bonnet Creek. (They look to be a couple years old)

http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels...resort/photos/
Great, Thanks! The best pictures I have seen to date of a one bedroom unit
Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #845
usmcwife1
Mouseketeer

I was wondering (and I apologize if this was answered, I tried to look but didn't find the answer) are most reservations 7 nights (running sat-sat, sun-sun etc) or could an 8 night be done? I ask because we are trying to decide between onsite and returning to WBC and would like to do a sat-sun rental but wasn't sure if it was possible. Otherwise I suppose we could do a split stay... ??

DONE: Post-Deployment trip (and first time) to WDW in September 2011!
DONE: Trip #2 Late April 2013!

TO DO: Plan Trip #3 EARLY February 2014! YAY!!
usmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #846
NHDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcwife1 View Post
I was wondering (and I apologize if this was answered, I tried to look but didn't find the answer) are most reservations 7 nights (running sat-sat, sun-sun etc) or could an 8 night be done? I ask because we are trying to decide between onsite and returning to WBC and would like to do a sat-sun rental but wasn't sure if it was possible. Otherwise I suppose we could do a split stay... ??
We are staying 8 nights, this Fri through next Saturday. They get booked as 4+4 or 6+2 nights.
WBC 2/11 and 2/13
POR 2/14
NHDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #847
usmcwife1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDisneyFan View Post
We are staying 8 nights, this Fri through next Saturday. They get booked as 4+4 or 6+2 nights.
Thank you! I wasn't sure how it worked since some timeshares I've inquired about said they rent full week slots only.

DONE: Post-Deployment trip (and first time) to WDW in September 2011!
DONE: Trip #2 Late April 2013!

TO DO: Plan Trip #3 EARLY February 2014! YAY!!
usmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #848
apennel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDisneyFan View Post
We are staying 8 nights in June. I requested several quotes, and all of the quotes I received back said 8 night reservations were not a problem.
apennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #849
mmdis
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to give a thanks to all who answered my questions on Bonnet Creek. We got back from our stay 8-18th. LOVED IT.

We got there around noon and had to wait around a hour for our room. Bell services took our Costco items and stored them. It was very efficient.

I had asked for building 3 since I thought my kids would like the mini golf and the blue slide and they said there are no 1 bed rooms since they were remolding building 3.

We got a 3rd floor pool facing in building 1. Loved it. There is always parking in building one and my kids loved to go down to the activity center. We swam mostly in the building one pool but made the trip around a couple days to hit both slide pools. The boys played mini golf a couple of times and since they needed to check out the clubs from building one it was perfect.

I totally agree with the previous posters that there is no reason for the size limit on the pirate slide. We watched several people very upset. My one son is very friendly and befriended all the activities people They said it is because smaller kids can get turned on their stomach in the tube.

Our room was very quiet. One night we did have a very loud screaming family in the pool till midnight. They were happy laughter sreams but at 11:30 I called and asked if even thoe the pool was open they could be screaming and they said no it was quiet right away after that.

There was a line at the parking desk so I of course skipped it and never had a issue the gate in uses the room key. They did call once on the phone and I forgot to not answer it but I told them we didn't have free time and were not interested.

All and All we loved our stay, loved the location loved the room. We would love to go back.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #850
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

We are Friday to Friday or 7 nights
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #851
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me what the pool hours are?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #852
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcwife1 View Post
We are there May 10th-20th, so ten nights (Friday-Monday). We are booked through Vacation Strategies, but did get quotes from Farrells, Vacation Upgrades, and a person on VRBO. None said the odd number of nights would be a problem and had no problem giving us quotes for all ten nights.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #853
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdis View Post
I just wanted to give a thanks to all who answered my questions on Bonnet Creek. We got back from our stay 8-18th. LOVED IT.

We got there around noon and had to wait around a hour for our room. Bell services took our Costco items and stored them. It was very efficient.

I had asked for building 3 since I thought my kids would like the mini golf and the blue slide and they said there are no 1 bed rooms since they were remolding building 3.

We got a 3rd floor pool facing in building 1. Loved it. There is always parking in building one and my kids loved to go down to the activity center. We swam mostly in the building one pool but made the trip around a couple days to hit both slide pools. The boys played mini golf a couple of times and since they needed to check out the clubs from building one it was perfect.

I totally agree with the previous posters that there is no reason for the size limit on the pirate slide. We watched several people very upset. My one son is very friendly and befriended all the activities people They said it is because smaller kids can get turned on their stomach in the tube.

Our room was very quiet. One night we did have a very loud screaming family in the pool till midnight. They were happy laughter sreams but at 11:30 I called and asked if even thoe the pool was open they could be screaming and they said no it was quiet right away after that.

There was a line at the parking desk so I of course skipped it and never had a issue the gate in uses the room key. They did call once on the phone and I forgot to not answer it but I told them we didn't have free time and were not interested.

All and All we loved our stay, loved the location loved the room. We would love to go back.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Do you remember what the slide height is?? I can't seem to find anything on it... if you went again what tower would you ask for now?

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #854
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
I was just there last week with my twin 7 year old boys. The pirate slide has a 48" height requirement. It doesn't end in a pool (very weird). My boys have been swimming since infancy, and one of them is in a dive program, but they were not 48" so couldn't do it.

The blue slide either did not have a height requirement or it was less than 48". There was a lifeguard at the blue slide. That one did end up in a pool. The boys could use that one.
here you go. I pulled this from a different thread. I don't believe the blue side had any height requirement
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #855
spel
Mouseketeer

Wondering what time most people have checked in? I saw the recent post of waiting an hour at noon, which sounds reasonable. Anyone else? Is there a fridge to store groceries in if the room is not available for a few hours?
spel is offline   Reply With Quote