Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #826
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

In regard to the walmart on Vineland...
I'm a morning person and am always at Walmart first thing..... if you go late at night yah its gonna be lacking (salespeople stock overnight) and it is one of the busiest stores in the area. And I've NEVER seen it dirty in All of my visits 3 vacations last year with multiple visits over there.. Yah they may have had pallets that they were unloading but as someone who works in a supermarket that does not bother me.... product comes in off the trucks on pallets, so you expect them to offload pallets so you dont see them on the salesfloor. Just not realistic!
Good Luck!
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #827
kylovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
We took our own, but I got a couple from there to use as well. I was nervous wreck for the course of our stay worrying that I was going to lose them and have to pay the $20ish replacement fee per towel. From now on, we will always take our own when we stay at WBC. For us, it wasn't inconvenient to get them, but it was frustrating to have to sign something saying I woul pay huge fine if I didn't return them to the activity desk at the end of the stay. I had to make a point of going to the activity desk when someone was there to return them rather than just being able to throw them in a bin when leaving the pool.
Thank you for your reply - I think we will just take our own pool towels. I don't want to be worrying about losing them the entire time we are there

With God All Things Are Possible!
kylovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #828
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I didn't see this posted yet......

Copy of the email I got today via VS:

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the
recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use
the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation
memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at
the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
I'm confused. Does it cost to use Bonnet Creek's shuttle to WDW or not? Is it $12 per person or per room if they do charge?
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #829
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
I'm confused. Does it cost to use Bonnet Creek's shuttle to WDW or not? Is it $12 per person or per room if they do charge?
Good points. I'm going to guess that it's a choice when you check in, pay $12 per day for length of stay and everyone in the room gets a "ticket" for the shuttle. Pure speculation but it seems like the only thing they could do and make it fair.

When are we going back? Not sure, hate the DAS, FP+ and the rooms keep getting more and more expensive.

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #830
Disneyforkids
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me whichbtower the 2 Br presidential units are located? I initially booked a 3 br presidential which are all located in tower 6. Just curious to see which tower the two bedrooms presidential are located. Thx!
Disneyforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #831
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Can't wait! We're staying at Bonnet this June for our wedding!

So if anyone sees a bride and a wedding party in the early morning on June 27, It's me!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #832
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforkids View Post
Can anyone tell me whichbtower the 2 Br presidential units are located? I initially booked a 3 br presidential which are all located in tower 6. Just curious to see which tower the two bedrooms presidential are located. Thx!
2 Bedroom presidentials are located only in Tower 6. Same goes for 1BR and 3BR.

Only the 4 bedroom presidentials are located in all the towers.

There are also non-presidential rooms in Tower 6.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 AM   #833
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
It means instead of charging non-Bonnet Creek owners a mandatory $12-a-day bus fee (whether they use the shuttle bus service or not) now only people who want to use the bus service will be charged.

The details of the system they will put in place to charge for bus service hasn't been revealed yet as far as I know.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #834
Mommyof3inVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
Sorry in my last post I failed to answer all of your questions. When we were there we could call and order our drinks and food, however we had to go to the bar (just a few steps away) to pick up our drinks and food. No one came by to take a drink order or food order or deliver.
Yes wireless internet was by the pool and we did use it.

I replied to your other questions in a separate post. Have a wonderful trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
Thank you for answering my questions! I was hoping the fridge was at least stocked with water and soda. Debating if it is worth the $50/day or not. We have a toddler so I would prefer to be in the shade and having the fridge is nice to store sippy cups with milk, lunch, etc

4-29-2012 Disney World-off property
4-20-2013 Wyndham Bonnet Creek
5-04-2014 1st Disney Cruise

Allie-6 Hunter-3 Alexis-2

Check out my Disney blog: http://disneyworldonabudget.blogspot...e-keeping.html
Mommyof3inVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #835
AustinAmber
Earning My Ears

subbing
AustinAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #836
usmcwife1
Mouseketeer

I've tried searching the thread, but was wondering if anyone has requested quotes for 2 BR vs. 3 BR, and if so what was the price difference?? I noticed Vacation Upgrades has pricing info for the 1 and 2 BR, but not the larger units. If the price difference is not too much we might forgo Windsor Hills (which we are considering) and return to BC

DONE: Post-Deployment trip (and first time) to WDW in September 2011!
DONE: Trip #2 Late April 2013!

TO DO: Plan Trip #3 EARLY February 2014! YAY!!
usmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #837
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

We are considering booking through Vacation Upgrades for our May 2014 trip. Does anyone know what their cancellation policy is? With the discount going on at WDW right now, it is cheaper to say onsite, but without it, it is cheaper to stay offsite. So if they have the deal again next year, we will most likely stay onsite. But we want to have a back up plan in case they don't.

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #838
dsamama
Earning My Ears

my quote for a 2br deluxe from vs for 6 nights is 564 I got one from vu and farrells also and they were both higher

dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #839
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

I have a few Bonnet Creek questions that may have already been asked, so I appreciate your patience. 2 full, and 1 extensive threads is A LOT to go through.

1. Is one able to send items ahead to the hotel that they do not want to carry with them?

2. Is there a place near BC where one can send items HOME from?

3. Has anyone used an in-room babysitting service at BC? Do they recommend a company? Or can you? We would like to have an "adult night" while we're there.

4. I have seen the google maps version of the BC layout, but I am a first timer so I'm hoping there might be a map someone can direct me to that has things labeled on it such as "where the fireworks are launched" or "pirate pool" etc. I'm hoping to have all my information about the layout in one place. I like to know before I go!

5. Can anyone tell me the estimated driving time from BC to the different parks, and the level of traffic you encountered on an early morning/end of the night run?

Thanks very much for your time and any information you are able to pass on.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #840
ottawafamilyof4
Earning My Ears

does the starbucks sell beans?

Does anyone know if I can buy ground coffee beans from the Starbucks on property?
Thanks!
ottawafamilyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote