Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #811
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spel View Post
Can anyone recommend the closest supermarket to BC? How about take-out restaurants? Has anyone ordered delivery to the resort? Thanks!
I like the Walmart on vineland... they have everything you could ever possible need as well as really fresh produce and premade stuff. I also really like thier selection of disney merchandise I got some really cute jammies my last trip. I know that flippers does deliver to BC as well as a few select places in the area. You can ask for takeout menus at the front desk. They are selective about who they let deliver to the resort.
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #812
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakefamily
When looking at pictures on trip advisor I notice some rooms look newer/ recently renovated. Which towers have been renovated recently...We have a 2 bedroom thru RCI, I will call to request a fireworks view, but am unsure that tower I should request. Obviously we would like a newer renovated room, but we would also like to be near a pool that has a bar close and then of course a lazy river. What tower should we request? Thanks
I wouldn't stress too much over building requests. It seems pretty rare that people actually get what they request. It usually has a lot more to do with what is open at the time you are checking in. FWIW, we were in tower 4 in Oct. and they were redoing the couches in that tower then. We had a13th floor lake view, couldn't see fireworks but loved the lake view.

DH me DS 10 DD 8

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #813
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoddrmt View Post
A couple of questions, is there alarm clocks in both rooms? (we have a 2 bedroom)

Grocery question, which walmart is the best? Turkey or Vineland, I swear I have read there was one that was better but I cannot find the post and with the many pages it would take me all day

Thanks
Yes...both rooms have alarm clocks.

The Walmart on Vineland is only about 8 minutes away. The one on Turkey Lake Rd. will be a a fair bit further.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #814
blakefamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof3inVA View Post
I have a question about the cabana--does the refrigerator come stocked? (water, soda?) and also is there a BAR near tower 4 and IF so do waitresses come to the cabanas to take drink orders And last question-is there wireless internet by the pools?

I'm wondering this myself too ???
Old 02-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #815
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

update on transportation $12 fee

I didn't see this posted yet......

Copy of the email I got today via VS:

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the
recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use
the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation
memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at
the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #816
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakefamily

I'm wondering this myself too ???
The refrigerator does not come stocked. there is a bar at the pool at Tower 4 you can order food and drink from that bar. There is also a phone located in the Cabana along with a notebook with all the menus from all of the food services located in WBC.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #817
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof3inVA

I have a question about the cabana--does the refrigerator come stocked? (water, soda?) and also is there a BAR near tower 4 and IF so do waitresses come to the cabanas to take drink orders And last question-is there wireless internet by the pools?
Sorry in my last post I failed to answer all of your questions. When we were there we could call and order our drinks and food, however we had to go to the bar (just a few steps away) to pick up our drinks and food. No one came by to take a drink order or food order or deliver.
Yes wireless internet was by the pool and we did use it.

I replied to your other questions in a separate post. Have a wonderful trip!

Me , DS
Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #818
blakefamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155

The refrigerator does not come stocked. there is a bar at the pool at Tower 4 you can order food and drink from that bar. There is also a phone located in the Cabana along with a notebook with all the menus from all of the food services located in WBC.

Thanks so much
Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #819
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

We did NOT like the Walmart on Vineland. It was horrible! Went in late on a Sat night and they were out of EVERYTHING. They had large pallets everywhere but we were unable to find anyone to help us find what we need. It was dirty! I wouldn't go to that Walmart again-I'd drive whatever distance I had to to go somewhere else.

(Just our experience).
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #820
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW
We did NOT like the Walmart on Vineland. It was horrible! Went in late on a Sat night and they were out of EVERYTHING. They had large pallets everywhere but we were unable to find anyone to help us find what we need. It was dirty! I wouldn't go to that Walmart again-I'd drive whatever distance I had to to go somewhere else.

(Just our experience).
I agree it was really dirty when we were there and as you said pallets everywhere. I preferred the Publix store. This last time we put in our garmin to avoid toll roads and took a back way to the resort. On the way there we went right by a Publix so stopped and picked up our groceries on our way. Worked out perfect.

Me , DS
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #821
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I didn't see this posted yet......

Copy of the email I got today via VS:

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the
recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use
the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation
memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at
the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
I wonder how they will keep track of who uses the shuttle? And if one person uses a shuttle one time would that mean a $12 charge or $12 x length of stay?
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #822
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668 View Post
I like the Walmart on vineland... they have everything you could ever possible need as well as really fresh produce and premade stuff. I also really like thier selection of disney merchandise I got some really cute jammies my last trip. I know that flippers does deliver to BC as well as a few select places in the area. You can ask for takeout menus at the front desk. They are selective about who they let deliver to the resort.
I really liked their disney section too! My fave souvie last trip was pajamas I bought there! Pink/Black bow

Even our local walmart at home is horrible late at night and always out of stock

I liked vineland, but shopped each time around 1-3pm
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #823
keeperof4
Earning My Ears

wal mart

This will be our 7th trip to Orland We shop at Vineland every time and in my opinion it is one of the busiest in the area .Try avoid late afternoons evenings if you can, this is when its crazy. We have never had an issue with cleanliness more so than other places,picked over yes! We now try to go between 7-10 am . Turkey lake is the one I avoid,always under staffed long waits! It all has to do with management, and the day I guess. my wife is a former manager so we have to go to all Wal marts were ever we go. We will be arriving on Thursday,this is our second stop.We will make sure to look things over and comment. Publix are top notch to but when buying for five you can really see the difference in price, if that matters?, we have been to most of them in the area I would say that the best one(breads pastries) is one Sand Lake. I try to get there around 830 am just after they open. ps be aware of traffic back ups on I4 take Vineland to Palm parkway turns to Turkey lake to Sand lake in the early morning. John young off of Sand lake rd,west there is another Walmart.
keeperof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #824
kylovebug
Mouseketeer

Pool towels/beach towels

Does anyone take their own beach towels from home so they don't have to fool with checking out the pool towels? Or am I nuts for even thinking that? I don't mind washing them and that way the lovebugs have their favorite towels. Ever see anyone do this?

With God All Things Are Possible!
kylovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #825
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylovebug View Post
Does anyone take their own beach towels from home so they don't have to fool with checking out the pool towels? Or am I nuts for even thinking that? I don't mind washing them and that way the lovebugs have their favorite towels. Ever see anyone do this?
We took our own, but I got a couple from there to use as well. I was nervous wreck for the course of our stay worrying that I was going to lose them and have to pay the $20ish replacement fee per towel. From now on, we will always take our own when we stay at WBC. For us, it wasn't inconvenient to get them, but it was frustrating to have to sign something saying I woul pay huge fine if I didn't return them to the activity desk at the end of the stay. I had to make a point of going to the activity desk when someone was there to return them rather than just being able to throw them in a bin when leaving the pool.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote