Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #736
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post

2) check out time = 10 am ... it is possible to get a one hour / late check out = 11 am

**if late check out requests are still available for that day**

There is a limit to number of guests granted late check out / per day
You can ask for it, but it rarely happens.

We hang out by the ppol the last day. i get packed early in the morning, and keep our swim suits out and a change fo cloths. We then swim till 2:00 or so, and change cloths by the pool before we start the 16 hour drive home.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #737
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama
Hello bonnet creek lovers. I am totally confused and trying to book our first disney trip. I have been looking into ofsite options for our family of 5 Me DH DD3 DS8 & DS10 considered POR since it is really the only onsite even close to affordable for us but it would be a squeeze. Seems like we can save a ton and gain a lot of space staying offsite even with a rental car.

So I was looking at SPM blue tree resorts. Fantasy World Resort and now Bonnett Creek.

What I am not understanding is on Booking.com i am getting a quote of 619 for our 5 nights in a 2br villa at bonnett creek...sounds great..
even the other two I am getting under 700
but if i look at their sites I am getting a MUCH higher # how can there be such a huge difference?
the spm blue tree site is telling me per night price of close to what the total is on hotel.com.
I'm trying to figure out the same thing! Got 2 quotes from owners on vrbo...1 was $1200 for 2 bedroom and the other was $860 for 2 bedroom (both were 2 bedroom deluxe and for the same week). Just got a Quote from VS for 2 bedroom...and only $625! Why the insane differences in cost??

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14

Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #738
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Here now! No idea if our room is good or not!??

We are Tower 5, 9th floor and we can see woods & a parking lot. Any idea if we will be able to see fireworks from here?

ETA: yes!!! We were able to see Illuminations from Epcot!!! The kids were so excited
5Mouseketeersforus - Did they charge you the $12/day resort fee when you checked in? Thanks.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #739
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Never mind. I see the fee is not effective until Feb. 15th.

Not a deal breaker but we're renting two rooms so $84 twice.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #740
dsamama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
I'm trying to figure out the same thing! Got 2 quotes from owners on vrbo...1 was $1200 for 2 bedroom and the other was $860 for 2 bedroom (both were 2 bedroom deluxe and for the same week). Just got a Quote from VS for 2 bedroom...and only $625! Why the insane differences in cost??
wow I am so stinkin confused! I mean it seems like this price I am getting on booking.com for 696.36 fo 5 nights is a total steal and I am tempted to just book it today but it seems so fishy compared to the prices from everywhere else i look.
dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #741
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama

wow I am so stinkin confused! I mean it seems like this price I am getting on booking.com for 696.36 fo 5 nights is a total steal and I am tempted to just book it today but it seems so fishy compared to the prices from everywhere else i look.
Have you gotten quotes from vacation strategies and Vacation Upgrades? I would get those and compare them to what you got on booking.com.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #742
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
Owners can charge whatever they want to rent out their points. I think some of them quote the price lower up front under the assumption that they can rebook you later at the lower point cost.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #743
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama View Post
I'd book it..... I just got 4 nights off of my resort network for a great price too.... prices are subjective and Ive seen full weeks going for great prices!~I'm booking through Shelbyresorts

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/Condo...-Creek-Resort/
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #744
dsamama
Earning My Ears

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/bonn...FYY7OgodlVcAEA

is this the same place you are all talking about? It looks really nice. I don't understand any of the points rental stuff so I am just trying to find something I can easily book.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #745
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Quote:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/bonn...FYY7OgodlVcAEA

is this the same place you are all talking about? It looks really nice. I don't understand any of the points rental stuff so I am just trying to find something I can easily book.
Yup thats where I am booked......
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #746
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style

Owners can charge whatever they want to rent out their points. I think some of them quote the price lower up front under the assumption that they can rebook you later at the lower point cost.
So can the rate change if they can't book at that rate for the lower point cost? I'm probably going to book with VS but am waiting on a quote with VU.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #747
disneyfireman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I booked last week from booking.com at the Orlando Bonnet Creek. It was cheaper than Wyndham Bonnet Creek on the same site. I was told the difference in price may be presidential vs deluxe. But be advised add 12.5% tax onto your quoted price. I was quoted 525 but was charged 598 on my cc due to the tax. Were not going to dec so i cant tell you how it turns out till then.
disneyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #748
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfireman

I booked last week from booking.com at the Orlando Bonnet Creek. It was cheaper than Wyndham Bonnet Creek on the same site. I was told the difference in price may be presidential vs deluxe. But be advised add 12.5% tax onto your quoted price. I was quoted 525 but was charged 598 on my cc due to the tax. Were not going to dec so i cant tell you how it turns out till then.
Are you certain you've booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek that we're discussing here? There's a Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #749
dsamama
Earning My Ears

vacation strategy

I just got a quote for 5 nights in a deluxe 2br wyndham BC from vacation strategy for 445! I want to book it right now but know i should not jump the gun...DH is like "are you sure it is not a scam" seems too good to be true

Anyone have any experiance with VS?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #750
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just got a quote for 5 nights in a deluxe 2br wyndham BC from vacation strategy for 445! I want to book it right now but know i should not jump the gun...DH is like "are you sure it is not a scam" seems too good to be true

Anyone have any experiance with VS?
There is lots of info about VS on these boards. I haven't read anything negative. We used them last year and I recently booked with them again for this year. We had zero issues with them. They were by far the cheapest I found and I shopped and got quotes from everywhere. You wont be sorry !!
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote