Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #691
StarNova
Mouseketeer
 
StarNova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 95

I just saw this review on trip advisor. $16 resort fee, doesn't include any parking or shuttle costs. Shuttle isn't bad for a larger group, $12 per unit per day. Parking is $13 a day self park or $19 valet. Do I understand this correctly?

For our trip we would need to add $16x7 and $12x7 or $13x7(shuttle vs. park) - additional $196 vs. $203

From tripadvisor.com

"We chose the hotel because of ts published cost compared to competitiors.. but when it comes to costs, there's some unknowns until you arrive. The hotel has a $16 per day, plus all the taxes w/ it, figuring to nearly $20 a day for what they call "The Resort Fee". In other words, the listed rate is just for 'the room', the approx $20 Resort Fee is for everything else; Free WI-Fi, swimming pool, exercise room, ... Also, to Self-Park is $13 a day or Valet $19. Hotels are getting as bad as the airlines with their additional fees. Other than these added costs, the hotel is overall nice.
StarNova is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #692
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarNova View Post
I just saw this review on trip advisor. $16 resort fee, doesn't include any parking or shuttle costs. Shuttle isn't bad for a larger group, $12 per unit per day. Parking is $13 a day self park or $19 valet. Do I understand this correctly?

For our trip we would need to add $16x7 and $12x7 or $13x7(shuttle vs. park) - additional $196 vs. $203

From tripadvisor.com

"We chose the hotel because of ts published cost compared to competitiors.. but when it comes to costs, there's some unknowns until you arrive. The hotel has a $16 per day, plus all the taxes w/ it, figuring to nearly $20 a day for what they call "The Resort Fee". In other words, the listed rate is just for 'the room', the approx $20 Resort Fee is for everything else; Free WI-Fi, swimming pool, exercise room, ... Also, to Self-Park is $13 a day or Valet $19. Hotels are getting as bad as the airlines with their additional fees. Other than these added costs, the hotel is overall nice.

Those prices are consistent with what's been known to be charged by the Wyndham Grande At Bonnet Creek since it's opening. The Grande is the hotel located in the same complex as the timeshare resort. Until this recent bit of news has broken about the $12/day charge, the Timeshare site was fee-free.
DCTooTall is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #693
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Those prices are consistent with what's been known to be charged by the Wyndham Grande At Bonnet Creek since it's opening. The Grande is the hotel located in the same complex as the timeshare resort. Until this recent bit of news has broken about the $12/day charge, the Timeshare site was fee-free.
Yes...that's the hotel not the timeshare. I was booked to stay there last summer until I found out about the resort and parking fee. Which BTW, was not on their website at all....I found out on Tripadvisor and called to confirm with the hotel. I ended up getting a last minute res for a 2br timeshare for less than what the hotel would have cost after all the fees and tax were added.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #694
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundytrail View Post
5. How can Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort help me plan for my Disney vacation?
The resort offers scheduled transportation to the Disney Theme Parks for a mandatory fee of $12 per day per unit. Our on-site Disney Planning Center is staffed with Disney Cast Members who can assist you with a full array of Walt Disney World® Tickets, Disney Dining Reservations, and insider tips for visiting the parks.

http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/faq.html

No sure whom it applies to
I was just relaying what Wyndham owners have already said.....they have not been formally made aware of what the new fee will cover and how it's applied. Some have even called WBC to ask and have been given different answers, leading them to believe that the resort staff doesn't even know yet.

If the above is correct then a 'mandatory' fee will be charged to all. Regardless, of shuttle use.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #695
disneyfireman
Earning My Ears
 
disneyfireman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 47

I just saw this exerpt from the wyndham bonnet creek website under amenities:

• All guests will incur a mandatory $12 per unit/per day transportation fee that will be collected at
check in. This includes shuttle to Walt Disney World ® Resort

http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/amenities.html
disneyfireman is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #696
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!
 
Calirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfireman View Post
I just saw this exerpt from the wyndham bonnet creek website under amenities:

• All guests will incur a mandatory $12 per unit/per day transportation fee that will be collected at
check in. This includes shuttle to Walt Disney World ® Resort

http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/amenities.html

ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME?! I'm an owner and already pay a ridiculous amount in fees!
__________________
DW ~ Honeymoon 9/2001(Hilton) DL ~ CA trip 7/2003DD met her 'Rella for the 1st time 11/2013! (WBC)
Wishing and hoping for Nov-Dec 2016!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #697
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!
 
Calirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
If the above is correct then a 'mandatory' fee will be charged to all. Regardless, of shuttle use.

Lovely.
Its on the website now. Wasnt there a few days ago.
Just one more way to get more money from us. Probably because sales are down. You can get a timeshare with triple the points I have for under $1000 on ebay.
__________________
DW ~ Honeymoon 9/2001(Hilton) DL ~ CA trip 7/2003DD met her 'Rella for the 1st time 11/2013! (WBC)
Wishing and hoping for Nov-Dec 2016!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #698
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!
 
a1tinkfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,978

Question HELP needed if you can clarify Please!!

I am looking at/researching wyndham bonnet creek and hilton bonnet creek ...are these the same properties?
Talk about confusing..
.on AAA website the rate is so much lower for the hilton property and the address matches the hilton PIX, which shows two pools, a lazy river pool and then it looks to be next to the Ritz Carlton...all the Bonnet Creek Threads here are timeshare resorts right? But when I go thru those e pix they are showing the Same pool area..????..

Are there different areas within the SAME hotel complex?
Am I just lost due to Disney Research Overload?
D0 they all Share the same pool/s area?
All share the shuttle to the parks?
I noted that the hilton says 20 fee per day (internet/gym etc) and a 14. for self park or 21 (i think) for valet...

I am thinking of canceling my onsite Mod. Disney stay to try the Hilton (as the dh may like better) ...and could really use some clarification to compare apples to apples....
Would you compare this to a mod or Deluxe Style resort as far as amenities? Looks like it is a 4 star????

And by chance, its says the hotel is about 20 minutes from MCO airport....accurate info?
Is shuttle (to parks) reliable or just a waste of time etc
I have a veh held this trip anyway ...

[B]ANY help would be appreciated! TIA[/B
Talk about Over My Head...
__________________
Where Dreams Come True
a1tinkfans is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #699
carlbarry
DIS Veteran
 
carlbarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On Long Island, New York.
Posts: 1,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
Lovely.
Its on the website now. Wasnt there a few days ago.
Just one more way to get more money from us. Probably because sales are down. You can get a timeshare with triple the points I have for under $1000 on ebay.
168,000 points at Bonnet Creek sold 2 weeks ago for $750.
When I was there in December and took the "seminar," I was offered "dirt cheap" (I kid you not) points---83,000 points at Cypress Palmes for $13,500 WITH 15% financing.
500,000 points at my home resort Star Island was up for sale for $1 last week. There were NO bidders.
__________________

carlbarry is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #700
carlbarry
DIS Veteran
 
carlbarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On Long Island, New York.
Posts: 1,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
I am looking at/researching wyndham bonnet creek and hilton bonnet creek ...are these the same properties?
Talk about confusing..
.on AAA website the rate is so much lower for the hilton property and the address matches the hilton PIX, which shows two pools, a lazy river pool and then it looks to be next to the Ritz Carlton...all the Bonnet Creek Threads here are timeshare resorts right? But when I go thru those e pix they are showing the Same pool area..????..

Are there different areas within the SAME hotel complex?
Am I just lost due to Disney Research Overload?
D0 they all Share the same pool/s area?
All share the shuttle to the parks?
I noted that the hilton says 20 fee per day (internet/gym etc) and a 14. for self park or 21 (i think) for valet...

I am thinking of canceling my onsite Mod. Disney stay to try the Hilton (as the dh may like better) ...and could really use some clarification to compare apples to apples....
Would you compare this to a mod or Deluxe Style resort as far as amenities? Looks like it is a 4 star????

And by chance, its says the hotel is about 20 minutes from MCO airport....accurate info?
Is shuttle (to parks) reliable or just a waste of time etc
I have a veh held this trip anyway ...

[B]ANY help would be appreciated! TIA[/B
Talk about Over My Head...
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort, and the first resort to be built on the property Wyndham owns. Wyndham Grand at Bonnet Creek is a hotel sandwiched between the timeshare buildings around the lake, at the far side from the entrance. Both Grand and timeshare can use each other's pools, workout centers, etc.
The Hilton and Ritz Carlton are "across the street" from the entrance to the Grand. Each property is autonomous, and as far as I know, you can not use the facilities of one while staying at the other, nor can you use the Bonnet Creek facilities.
20 minutes to MCO? Ha. Google shows 26-34 minutes. It takes me about 40 minutes, and I'm a fast New York City driver.
I can't say how the Hilton compares to a Disney Mod, but I would say that if you're willing to give up the Disney amenities and stay near Bonnet Creek, go with Bonnet Creek--you'll have a big condo with a kitchen, 5 pools, 2 lazy rivers, 2 water slides, etc. AND pay a lot less.
__________________

carlbarry is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #701
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!
 
a1tinkfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort, and the first resort to be built on the property Wyndham owns. Wyndham Grand at Bonnet Creek is a hotel sandwiched between the timeshare buildings around the lake, at the far side from the entrance. Both Grand and timeshare can use each other's pools, workout centers, etc.
The Hilton and Ritz Carlton are "across the street" from the entrance to the Grand. Each property is autonomous, and as far as I know, you can not use the facilities of one while staying at the other, nor can you use the Bonnet Creek facilities.
20 minutes to MCO? Ha. Google shows 26-34 minutes. It takes me about 40 minutes, and I'm a fast New York City driver.
I can't say how the Hilton compares to a Disney Mod, but I would say that if you're willing to give up the Disney amenities and stay near Bonnet Creek, go with Bonnet Creek--you'll have a big condo with a kitchen, 5 pools, 2 lazy rivers, 2 water slides, etc. AND pay a lot less.
Thanks for the help...appreciated...
Not generally a condo type person, ie cooking, clean up etc..more of an ADR type family and amenities
but for a future large family gathering, may be a contender,,,,,
thanks again for the heads up................
__________________
Where Dreams Come True
a1tinkfans is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #702
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran
 
GraceLuvsWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas-halfway between The Land and The World
Posts: 2,347

We've stayed at the Hilston BC, it's MUCH nicer than a Disney mod.
__________________
DLR Aug 1977 * WDW Villas at Disney Institute Oct 1999 * WDW CSR/OKW Sept 2007
WDW Pop Jan 2008 * WDW Pop May 2008 * WDW Pop/WH Sept 2008 * WDW WH Dec 2008
WDW Pop Mar 2009 * WDW WH June 2009 * DLR Aug 2009 * WDW Poly Sept 2009 * DLR Dec 2009
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #703
KandyM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 267

Hi,
I am researching a possible stay Aug 16-26 in a 2-bedroom. Got a quote for $1550 ($1670 with the new fee added in). This doesn't seem like a great deal to me. Am I wrong? Would I see a lower quote closer to August?
KandyM is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #704
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
I am looking at/researching wyndham bonnet creek and hilton bonnet creek ...are these the same properties?
Talk about confusing..
.on AAA website the rate is so much lower for the hilton property and the address matches the hilton PIX, which shows two pools, a lazy river pool and then it looks to be next to the Ritz Carlton...all the Bonnet Creek Threads here are timeshare resorts right? But when I go thru those e pix they are showing the Same pool area..????..

Are there different areas within the SAME hotel complex?
Am I just lost due to Disney Research Overload?
D0 they all Share the same pool/s area?
All share the shuttle to the parks?
I noted that the hilton says 20 fee per day (internet/gym etc) and a 14. for self park or 21 (i think) for valet...

I am thinking of canceling my onsite Mod. Disney stay to try the Hilton (as the dh may like better) ...and could really use some clarification to compare apples to apples....
Would you compare this to a mod or Deluxe Style resort as far as amenities? Looks like it is a 4 star????

And by chance, its says the hotel is about 20 minutes from MCO airport....accurate info?
Is shuttle (to parks) reliable or just a waste of time etc
I have a veh held this trip anyway ...
The Ritz Carlton is NOT on Bonnet Creek property. It's further away and is beside the JW Marriott Grand Lakes. The Hilton Bonnet Creek is attached to the Waldorf Astoria. They each have their own pool and amenities but when you stay at either one you have full access to both. They do share a WDW shuttle bus but it is NOT shared with WBC. The Hilton/Waldorf and WBC have nothing to do with one another.

As far as cancelling your WDW mod resort ressie to stay at the Hilton, personally, I think the Hilton is far superior to any WDW mod. The Hilton is gorgeous and luxurious. I felt like I was taken care of by the staff. I've also stayed at all the mods and while it was great and I would be happy to go again it never felt luxurious. It compares more with the WDW deluxe resorts.

The Bonnet Creek property is 25-30 minutes away from the airport.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #705
ICan'tWait
Mouseketeer
 
ICan'tWait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: King County, WA
Posts: 419

I'm looking at listings through the RCI website. They list two types of 1 bedrooms. One lists as 4(2), meaning sleeps four, privacy for two, and the other lists as 4(4), meaning sleeps four, privacy for four. Does anyone know what the difference in these one bedrooms might be?
ICan'tWait is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.