Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #661
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320

Yes more than once, what do you want to know?
Ooooohhhh....(hand raised) i have a question
Or maybe 2...

1. Are the 3BD deluxe in all of the various buildings or just in a few?
2. How different are the deluxe from the presidential? Does it really feel like a downgrade?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #662
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus

Ooooohhhh....(hand raised) i have a question
Or maybe 2...

1. Are the 3BD deluxe in all of the various buildings or just in a few?
2. How different are the deluxe from the presidential? Does it really feel like a downgrade?

Thanks
1- yes 3 bedroom deluxes are in all the buildings, three bedroom presidentials are only in building 6

2- to me the difference isn't that big, and actually the presidentials don't have sleeper couches so they sleep fewer people. We are fine with the deluxe rooms.
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #663
dcessford
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafamilyof4 View Post
I booked with vacation strategy two months after I received the quote. I booked 9 months in advance of our stay (Mar 2013) but I noticed on this board that someone who is overlapping dates with me booked more recently for the same price I paid.
Did you book it with the 2 month old quote and get it for the price quoted?
dcessford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #664
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320

1- yes 3 bedroom deluxes are in all the buildings, three bedroom presidentials are only in building 6

2- to me the difference isn't that big, and actually the presidentials don't have sleeper couches so they sleep fewer people. We are fine with the deluxe rooms.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 AM   #665
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus

Thanks
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #666
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
Ok i read the last 12 pages. Has anyone stayed in a 3 bedroom deluxe?
Stayed, no. Staying, yes.

After what seemed like a never ending quest of planning and research, we checked in yesterday. The room wasn't ready till 5 and we did not get the view we requested ( hence the term request) and its still awesome. I went through all three we looove threads, obsessed about every picture. Then we got here and everything just changed for the better.

I admit I am a complete noob about wbc ( and Disney/orlando), but so me of the people staying with us stayed at floridays last year and they seem to like it better.
No parking pass hard sell ( perhaps a little soft sell), pizza and wings were good for poolside food and the rooms are huge and well appointed. My kids might be able to go a week without the abomination I call mine craft, and not whine about it.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #667
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman

Stayed, no. Staying, yes.

After what seemed like a never ending quest of planning and research, we checked in yesterday. The room wasn't ready till 5 and we did not get the view we requested ( hence the term request) and its still awesome. I went through all three we looove threads, obsessed about every picture. Then we got here and everything just changed for the better.

I admit I am a complete noob about wbc ( and Disney/orlando), but so me of the people staying with us stayed at floridays last year and they seem to like it better.
No parking pass hard sell ( perhaps a little soft sell), pizza and wings were good for poolside food and the rooms are huge and well appointed. My kids might be able to go a week without the abomination I call mine craft, and not whine about it.
LOL about minecraft . My kids are obsessed/addicted too!!!

Good to hear you are pleased so far. We will be there in a week.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #668
Caseybrem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post

Thanks for this information. I was undecided between 3 bedroom deluxe and 3 bedroom presidential but decided on the deluxe and booked yesterday with VS. I would have liked the 4 bedroom but none were available for our dates.
We're traveling with 5 adults and 3 children. Will we be able to get along without a car? We would be counting on the shuttles to Disney parks. I'd rent a mini van but they only accommodate 7 so we probably won't rent a car.
Caseybrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #669
StarNova
Mouseketeer

We are also considering renting a 3 bedroom in the summer. We are a group of 7 but minivan would be a tight fit. What about a large size SUV?

I think I've read that it's $12 a day (per unit) for the shuttle and there are shuttles to/from the airport.

Can anyone recommend using just shuttle services and taxis for Bonnet Creek? What are the pros and cons of not getting a rental? I'm curious about that too. Thanks
StarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #670
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

We tried only doing shuttles last June with 8 people-4 adults & 4 kids. We gave up and used our mini van (tight fit). In the am the shuttles were packed and we often had to wait 45+ minutes for a spot. My suggestion would be to walk to the first pickup stop and get there EARLY.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #671
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
Yes more than once, what do you want to know?
Actually most of what I wanted to know was just answered. :D

Another firework questions- it always comes back to the fireworks. :D What room/towers should I request?
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #672
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya

Actually most of what I wanted to know was just answered. :D

Another firework questions- it always comes back to the fireworks. :D What room/towers should I request?
When I called I requested a higher floor if possible in tower 2 or 3. I was given tower 3 on the 7th floor facing the lake and had an excellent view of the fireworks. If you are in tower 2 or 3 you want a higher floor facing the lake. If in Tower 4 or 5 you want a higher floor facing the woods away from the lake.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #673
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW View Post
We tried only doing shuttles last June with 8 people-4 adults & 4 kids. We gave up and used our mini van (tight fit). In the am the shuttles were packed and we often had to wait 45+ minutes for a spot. My suggestion would be to walk to the first pickup stop and get there EARLY.
Would it be easy to get a taxi if indeed you ended up having to wait for a shuttle that had room?
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #674
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
When I called I requested a higher floor if possible in tower 2 or 3. I was given tower 3 on the 7th floor facing the lake and had an excellent view of the fireworks. If you are in tower 2 or 3 you want a higher floor facing the lake. If in Tower 4 or 5 you want a higher floor facing the woods away from the lake.

Writing this down right now. Thanks!!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #675
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Would it be easy to get a taxi if indeed you ended up having to wait for a shuttle that had room?
You could put a taxi # programmed in your phone just in case but I would think that would be a wait as well. I didn't see any taxis there just waiting for passengers. We were always frustrated because when we got to the bus stop we would be the only ones there but when the bus came everyone would run up to get on and we (towing 4 small girls) were left standing crammed in the aisle (if we got on at all). The buses were already packed by the time they got to our stop--we were in Tower 1 and they pick up at Tower 6 first.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote