Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #631
cincyfab
Earning My Ears

Are there jacuzzi tubs in every room? I could have the wrong place
cincyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #632
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarathoner07 View Post
How comfortable or uncomfortable are the sofa sleepers in the rooms---we are debating between a 2 and 3 bedroom---We will only be there to sleep (obviously) so the extra room a 3 bedroom provides is not necessary---it will be my 2 girls (ages 12 and 10) sleeping on the couch. I already have my quote for a 2 bedroom, waiting on my quote for a 3.....thanks for your input!
My dd9 thought the sleeper sofa was comfy. I laid down on it a few times and thought it was pretty comfortable too. Maybe it depends on how old the sleeper sofa in your unit is. Ours seemed fairly new (we were in tower 4). Either way you should be fine. At the end of the day my daughter was soooo tired she would have slept on the dinning room table and been good
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #633
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarathoner07
How comfortable or uncomfortable are the sofa sleepers in the rooms---we are debating between a 2 and 3 bedroom---We will only be there to sleep (obviously) so the extra room a 3 bedroom provides is not necessary---it will be my 2 girls (ages 12 and 10) sleeping on the couch. I already have my quote for a 2 bedroom, waiting on my quote for a 3.....thanks for your input!
I've always pulled the mattress off the frame and laid it on the floor when I've had to sleep on sofa beds. It's usually the frame that sucks. It's much more comfortable that way.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #634
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Got a quote today for $996 2 bedroom deluxe-8 nights checking in June 2. Good deal?
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #635
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
Got a quote today for $996 2 bedroom deluxe-8 nights checking in June 2. Good deal?
Seems correct. My quote is for $1,099 2br deluxe mid march only 7 days. March is the "high season" june would be "standard" or what ever the correct time share lingo is.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #636
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarathoner07 View Post
When we were there this past October they were replacing the sofas (we were in tower 4) and we had a brand new sleeper. My Dmom and DD slept on the sofa bed and said it was great!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA/1 night at ASM
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (23) DS(18) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!

blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #637
bengalfreak
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any recent trip reports? I got a great quote from VS for early May that I would like to act on, but there are some really bad recent reviews on tripadvisor.com.

The Bengals and WDW. Life should have a few obsessions!

bengalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #638
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
Anyone have any recent trip reports? I got a great quote from VS for early May that I would like to act on, but there are some really bad recent reviews on tripadvisor.com.
You have to take the reviews with a cation. A resort this type, specificaly Bonnet Creek itself is a bridge between people who normally only stay in a cheaper hotel hotel and those who stay in higher end hotels.

this place bridges the gap. those who are used to "all stars" for example see Bonnet Creek as a Luxery Condo where they should be pampered. not understanding that you are required to cook and clean up afteryourself. No maid to do the bed every night.

The latter group understand the value you are getting at Bonnet creek and are fine with some of the self service options.

The time share business as a hole is pretty high pressure. some folks seem to deal with it better than others.

Look at my list of where i have stayed in disney below. We tend to be on the more upscale side with Disney Deluxes and Marriots (kings of time share vacations)

Bonnet Creek quality resort that has been well maintained. the service is good. The price is right. My only negatives have always been with the type of clients Bonnect Creek seems to draw. not being an elitetest, but some of the poeple just looking for a cheap way to house a family of 6 or 8, dont know how to act at a nice place like this.

All that being said, we are booked for a 2 bedroom this March in Bonnet Creek. It is our preffered off site place to stay.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #639
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
We were just there and had an amzing trip. We stayed in a 3 bedroom presidential for 9 nights 12/28-1/6. Booked through VS with a rate of $1950. We loved WBC and will definitely return. It was a perfect fit for our family. Resort was gorgeous with so much to do for adults and children. Staff was incredibly helpful and caring. No high pressure sales pitch. And the absolute best for us was the location! VS was great to work with and we would book through them again.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #640
Couponmommy
Earning My Ears

Thanks to this thread we just booked for April
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #641
Disneyforkids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
We were just there and had an amzing trip. We stayed in a 3 bedroom presidential for 9 nights 12/28-1/6. Booked through VS with a rate of $1950. We loved WBC and will definitely return. It was a perfect fit for our family. Resort was gorgeous with so much to do for adults and children. Staff was incredibly helpful and caring. No high pressure sales pitch. And the absolute best for us was the location! VS was great to work with and we would book through them again.
Are the 3-BR Presidential spread across all 6 buildings? Or, are they only in certain buildings, if so, which one should we request? I'm getting close to pull the tricker on this one. Are the 3-BR Presidential all corner unit? Just curious.

When you are ready to book with VS, do you just follow the link or call them to book? I see you can just book on-line with a deposit.

Thanks everyone!
Disneyforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #642
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforkids View Post
Are the 3-BR Presidential spread across all 6 buildings? Or, are they only in certain buildings, if so, which one should we request? I'm getting close to pull the tricker on this one. Are the 3-BR Presidential all corner unit? Just curious.

When you are ready to book with VS, do you just follow the link or call them to book? I see you can just book on-line with a deposit.

Thanks everyone!
1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidentials are only located in building 6.

4-bedroom presidentials are located in all towers.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #643
Caseybrem
Earning My Ears

chances for a 4 bedroom presidential

I received an email from Vacation Strategy saying that they don't have a 4 bedroom presidential for my dates (7/13-7/17) but they will put me on a wait list. What experience have you had with eventually getting the unit you want if you were wait listed for it?
I think I'll have to reserve a 3 bedroom and hope for the best but would appreciate any insights you might have on this.
Caseybrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #644
cincyfab
Earning My Ears

does anyone know about babysitting/childcare at bonnet creek?!
cincyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #645
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

How long does it normally take to get an online quote from Vacation Strategy? Is it better to call them?
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote