Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #616
2goofykiddos
Budding Disney addict
 
2goofykiddos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 344

We are looking for March 8-12, there was one on ebay and I just wasnt 100%, now I am kicking myself. I emailed Ken Price for a quote and he said there is no availability.

Will check in to Silver Lake though, thanks!
__________________
+ = (6) and (3)
__________________________________________
June 2001- CSR Honeymoon
May 2010- 3 days off site
May 2011-- 6 nights POFQ
May 2012- 7 nights VWL!!!!!
Oct 2012 Adult's only F&W trip
Dec 2012- Bonnet Creek with extended family,
1 night CBR
March 2013- off site
May 2014- Bay Lake Tower
2goofykiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #617
carlbarry
DIS Veteran
 
carlbarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On Long Island, New York.
Posts: 1,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
You should take a look at Silver Lake. They are located right by Animal Kingdom. Almost as good of a location as Bonnet Creek, our family really enjoyed staying there when Bonnet Creek had no availability during Thanksgiving this year. Pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
Do you mean Orange Lake? I stayed there in 2008, it is very nice place, although they tend to nickle and dime you.
__________________


carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #618
nancy155
DIS Veteran
 
nancy155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry

Do you mean Orange Lake? I stayed there in 2008, it is very nice place, although they tend to nickle and dime you.
No Silver Lake Resort. I have stayed at Orange lake and I agree they are horrible! Silver Lake if very nice and VERY close! It also feels like you are staying on property.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
__________________
Me , DS



nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #619
carlbarry
DIS Veteran
 
carlbarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On Long Island, New York.
Posts: 1,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
No Silver Lake Resort. I have stayed at Orange lake and I agree they are horrible! Silver Lake if very nice and VERY close! It also feels like you are staying on property.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
Oh, I looked it up. It's the resort on Sherberth! I always thought, for some reason, that that was a residential development. Looks real nice on tripadvisor.
__________________


carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #620
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran
 
Cdn Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1000 Islands
Posts: 1,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofykiddos View Post
We were at WBC from Dec 29-Jan4 and we LOVED it. After staying there we went to one night at CBR and just felt so disappointed. I think I am a convert. We loved the space and the firework view was amazing. It was so easy to get to and the kids loved the putt-putt and pools. They had a NYE party, but we went to bed early, but did decorate some hats with the kids before that. It was a really great experience. My mother is a Wyndham owner and took us all on this trip. We had such a great time she bought more points so we can do it every other year for a week. The presidential unit was gorgeous.

Since we have APs I decided to try and fit in one more trip in March, but there is no availability at WBC. I think we will be staying at either Pop or Vacation Village. I hope I am not too disappointed!
Next time she wants to buy points, go to ebay! Do some research to help her out by starting with the tug website. (Timeshares users group) There is plenty of info on there to get started. Best of luck!
__________________
We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!
I believe in kids, and in magic!
Cdn Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #621
nancy155
DIS Veteran
 
nancy155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry

Oh, I looked it up. It's the resort on Sherberth! I always thought, for some reason, that that was a residential development. Looks real nice on tripadvisor.
Yes that is where it is located. I did a lot of research prior to staying there and I was totally surprised. We requested a building by the back gate and were to any park within minutes. Very easy to navigate back and forth from the resort to parks. It is much smaller than WBC, but we really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
__________________
Me , DS



nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #622
TheDisney6
Earning My Ears
 
TheDisney6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 29

Subbing

Subbing!
__________________
The Disney 6 Dad Mom Sis DH DD and Me
TheDisney6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #623
2goofykiddos
Budding Disney addict
 
2goofykiddos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Gal

Next time she wants to buy points, go to ebay! Do some research to help her out by starting with the tug website. (Timeshares users group) There is plenty of info on there to get started. Best of luck!
Oh I told her when she was thinking about it and she did some research and got an awesome deal on eBay. ThAnks though.
__________________
+ = (6) and (3)
__________________________________________
June 2001- CSR Honeymoon
May 2010- 3 days off site
May 2011-- 6 nights POFQ
May 2012- 7 nights VWL!!!!!
Oct 2012 Adult's only F&W trip
Dec 2012- Bonnet Creek with extended family,
1 night CBR
March 2013- off site
May 2014- Bay Lake Tower
2goofykiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #624
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,005

Each time we have stayed in tower 5, pool view. The 1st year the pool was pnly 50% completed, but its the perfect location.

you can park in the lot, or parking garage. Can walk either direction around the lake. has 3 pools to use right outside your window.

It's funny. Our last trip, the room wasnt ready. So the kids went swimming while we waited for the room. (tip: always have swim suits at the ready when traveling). i was sitting at the pool bar talking with a nice couple. They were so excited. they loved BC and just signed papers to become owners.

They started asking me about how long i had been an owner. you should have seen the look on their face when I explained how a lot of us rebt these units for so cheap pretty much when ever we want with propper planning.

I think they were going in to cancell their contract.
__________________
*****30+ trips since 1993*****
Wilderness Lodge x 5
Beach Club x 4
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #625
Teacher03
DIS Veteran
 
Teacher03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,984

We are staying in a one bedroom in June. Are all the 1 bedrooms in one tower, and if so, which one?
__________________

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #626
disneymarathoner07
Mouseketeer
 
disneymarathoner07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southeast
Posts: 213

Sofabeds---comfortable, uncomfortable or luck of the draw?

How comfortable or uncomfortable are the sofa sleepers in the rooms---we are debating between a 2 and 3 bedroom---We will only be there to sleep (obviously) so the extra room a 3 bedroom provides is not necessary---it will be my 2 girls (ages 12 and 10) sleeping on the couch. I already have my quote for a 2 bedroom, waiting on my quote for a 3.....thanks for your input!
__________________
OKW January 2005
POR September 28-October 9 2006 FREE DINING!!
SSR Aug 31-Sept 8th 2007 FREE DINING Round 2
POP Aug 29th-Sept 6th 2008 Free dining round 3!!!
CSR June 2009 Baby's first trip
All Star Sports Dec 2009 first Christmas trip!
BWV October 2010 Food and Wine
VWL January 2011 Marathon
POP September 2011 MNSSHP
Grand Gathering!
POR May 2013
Undecided for October 2013
Me (35) DH (38) DD (13) DD (10) DS (4)
disneymarathoner07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #627
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarathoner07 View Post
How comfortable or uncomfortable are the sofa sleepers in the rooms---we are debating between a 2 and 3 bedroom---We will only be there to sleep (obviously) so the extra room a 3 bedroom provides is not necessary---it will be my 2 girls (ages 12 and 10) sleeping on the couch. !
My 2 girls were 9 and 3 the last time we stayed at BC. They both slept on the pull out bed. The 3 year old didnt know any better, but the 9 year old said it was pretty bad.

the one time i tried to lay on it, it was your average cheap pull out mattress. At ages 12 and 11, i think they will complain.

This trip my daughters are 5 and 11. The 11 year old is bringing a freind also 11. We went ahead and got the 2 bedroom just to head off any arguments.

Also. When mom or dad get up early or stay up late, 2 sleeping kids in the family room is no fun. having them all in their own bedroom will help.
__________________
*****30+ trips since 1993*****
Wilderness Lodge x 5
Beach Club x 4
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #628
disneymarathoner07
Mouseketeer
 
disneymarathoner07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southeast
Posts: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
My 2 girls were 9 and 3 the last time we stayed at BC. They both slept on the pull out bed. The 3 year old didnt know any better, but the 9 year old said it was pretty bad.

the one time i tried to lay on it, it was your average cheap pull out mattress. At ages 12 and 11, i think they will complain.

This trip my daughters are 5 and 11. The 11 year old is bringing a freind also 11. We went ahead and got the 2 bedroom just to head off any arguments.

Also. When mom or dad get up early or stay up late, 2 sleeping kids in the family room is no fun. having them all in their own bedroom will help.
Ok, that's what I figured but hoping to hear something different! Thanks!
__________________
OKW January 2005
POR September 28-October 9 2006 FREE DINING!!
SSR Aug 31-Sept 8th 2007 FREE DINING Round 2
POP Aug 29th-Sept 6th 2008 Free dining round 3!!!
CSR June 2009 Baby's first trip
All Star Sports Dec 2009 first Christmas trip!
BWV October 2010 Food and Wine
VWL January 2011 Marathon
POP September 2011 MNSSHP
Grand Gathering!
POR May 2013
Undecided for October 2013
Me (35) DH (38) DD (13) DD (10) DS (4)
disneymarathoner07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #629
Disneyforkids
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 23

Just rec'd a quote from VS for Thanksgiving week for $1,299 for 7 nights in a 3BR Presidential. Still undecided if that's high or not....Woudl the price go down any further as we get closer to the date? I thought this is a value week, but would they replace a value week price with a holiday rate. So torned right now....We are bring the entire family along with my parents for Thanksgiving. So I figure we'll splurge and get the Presidential one as we will be spending Thanksgiving day there. This will be our kids' first trip out (well, our youngest's first trip and our other two kids' 2nd trip and my parents' first trip out there). What do you guys think? Should I just book it? Thanks.
Disneyforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #630
NHDisneyFan
Mouseketeer
 
NHDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforkids View Post
Just rec'd a quote from VS for Thanksgiving week for $1,299 for 7 nights in a 3BR Presidential. Still undecided if that's high or not....Woudl the price go down any further as we get closer to the date? I thought this is a value week, but would they replace a value week price with a holiday rate. So torned right now....We are bring the entire family along with my parents for Thanksgiving. So I figure we'll splurge and get the Presidential one as we will be spending Thanksgiving day there. This will be our kids' first trip out (well, our youngest's first trip and our other two kids' 2nd trip and my parents' first trip out there). What do you guys think? Should I just book it? Thanks.
So 7 people in a 3 bedroom Presidential for $185 a night. How much lower would you expect? Sounds good.
__________________
ASMu 2/98
WL (Honeymoon) 6/00
POP 3/04
WBC 2/11 and 2/13
POR 2/14
NHDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.