Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #601
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

We are renting from VU for our upcoming trip. They said they would put it a request for tower 4, epcot view. So conflicted as to whether we should call & confirm our request or just cross our fingers & see what happens on check in??

Our plan is to head over there after lunch & see if our room is ready so that the little ones can have naps since we are heading to MK for the EMH that particular day. We check out of our disney resort that morning so luckily we can still take advantage of the EMH
Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #602
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Gal View Post
Are you an owner there? Every time we have requested a room they have given it to us, even as much as a specific room number. We own there so perhaps that is why they grant our requests??
No, unfortunately we are not owners. I bet that might make a difference and I guess it rightfully should. When we checked in last time the young lady at the front desk told us they dont generally take request but she did acknowledge there was a request noted on our account. Its ok with me. I think part of our problem might be we travel over Memorial weekend and they are probably at capacity anyway. Any building would be fine with me
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #603
JennLK
DIS Veteran

They will take your request into consideration based on availability... Really there is no reason to call ahead though, because they don't hold rooms for you. It's enough to make your request at check in

JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #604
Disneyforkids
Earning My Ears

I have not read through the entire thread, but is there anywhere i can find what building has what view? It sounds like building 4 has the Epcot view.....which one has the pool view, parking lot view, etc.? I'd really appreciate it. TIA
Disneyforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #605
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

It's been awhile since I've posted the map. Hopefully this helps a few people.

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #606
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Oh!!! Can't wait to go again! This will be our third visit there this year!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #607
htoddrmt
Earning My Ears

booking finally tomorrow morning for less then 5 weeks away. I hope we love it as much as you all do...now to see if we request a room...hmmm what to do
htoddrmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #608
cincyfab
Earning My Ears

I have a few questions!

1. can you use all the pools or are you limited to certain ones?
2. do all rooms have kitchens?
3. how far away is a walmart/grocery store?
4. anyone NOT rent a car and have success going to the parks?

Thanks!!!
cincyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #609
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfab
I have a few questions!

1. can you use all the pools or are you limited to certain ones?
2. do all rooms have kitchens?
3. how far away is a walmart/grocery store?
4. anyone NOT rent a car and have success going to the parks?

Thanks!!!
I can answer a few of your questions:
Yes you are able to use any of the pools in the Bonnet Creek Resort area
As far as I know all rooms have kitchens, unless you book at the Grand
I believe the grocery was about 4-5 miles away. The front desk when you check in will give you directions to the nearby grocery stores such as Wal-mart and Publix. We went to Publix and took about 15 minutes to get there from the resort.
I cannot answer your fourth question as we always rent a car.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy Bonnet Creek.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #610
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
I can answer a few of your questions:
Yes you are able to use any of the pools in the Bonnet Creek Resort area
As far as I know all rooms have kitchens, unless you book at the Grand
I believe the grocery was about 4-5 miles away. The front desk when you check in will give you directions to the nearby grocery stores such as Wal-mart and Publix. We went to Publix and took about 15 minutes to get there from the resort.
I cannot answer your fourth question as we always rent a car.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy Bonnet Creek.

Just to add....
Walmart is probably a little faster to get to and has a good selection. They also have a liquor store attached. Prices are much lower than Publix but Publix has a slightly better selection.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #611
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

We went to WBC last year, my DH fell in love, so much so that he said he would pay for a trip this year.

We are not supposed to be going this year because we are saving for a trip to Europe in 2014, but he said he would pay so we are going Usually I pay for all trips.

We are going for 16 days this trip, last trip we had 12 days and no resort days. I regretted having no resort days but due to kids sports had a shorter trip.

This trip, I traded off going during a busier time to get extra resort days. I hope I am happy with my decision, I think I will be...we shall see

This trip I am requesting same building but want a lake view this time.

I am happy to plan again with you all!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #612
2goofykiddos
Budding Disney addict

We were at WBC from Dec 29-Jan4 and we LOVED it. After staying there we went to one night at CBR and just felt so disappointed. I think I am a convert. We loved the space and the firework view was amazing. It was so easy to get to and the kids loved the putt-putt and pools. They had a NYE party, but we went to bed early, but did decorate some hats with the kids before that. It was a really great experience. My mother is a Wyndham owner and took us all on this trip. We had such a great time she bought more points so we can do it every other year for a week. The presidential unit was gorgeous.

Since we have APs I decided to try and fit in one more trip in March, but there is no availability at WBC. I think we will be staying at either Pop or Vacation Village. I hope I am not too disappointed!
May 2010- 3 days off site
May 2011-- 6 nights POFQ
May 2012- 7 nights VWL!!!!!
Oct 2012 Adult's only F&W trip
Dec 2012- Bonnet Creek with extended family,
1 night CBR
March 2013- off site
May 2014- Bay Lake Tower
2goofykiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #613
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofykiddos
We were at WBC from Dec 29-Jan4 and we LOVED it. After staying there we went to one night at CBR and just felt so disappointed. I think I am a convert. We loved the space and the firework view was amazing. It was so easy to get to and the kids loved the putt-putt and pools. They had a NYE party, but we went to bed early, but did decorate some hats with the kids before that. It was a really great experience. My mother is a Wyndham owner and took us all on this trip. We had such a great time she bought more points so we can do it every other year for a week. The presidential unit was gorgeous.

Since we have APs I decided to try and fit in one more trip in March, but there is no availability at WBC. I think we will be staying at either Pop or Vacation Village. I hope I am not too disappointed!
You should take a look at Silver Lake. They are located right by Animal Kingdom. Almost as good of a location as Bonnet Creek, our family really enjoyed staying there when Bonnet Creek had no availability during Thanksgiving this year. Pleasantly surprised.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #614
Donnainnj
Loves having an AP
Has lost about 4 toppers

I was wondering if you would share what week/time in March you were looking at. We are considering a March 23-30th visit, and I expect they are sold out, but figured I would check here first. Will probably stay in a condo in Windsor Hills if there is no availability here. This is a last minute trip so the budget is low, and with it being Easter week it is harder then normal to find a bargain. The Disney rates are crazy high that week.
Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofykiddos View Post

Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #615
cincyfab
Earning My Ears

Are there pool towels available? What about laundry facilities?
cincyfab is offline   Reply With Quote