Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #511
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee

I thought you had to have one to enter the parking garage though. Plus, I'd just rather be safe than sorry. I'd hate to have my rental car towed. I have no problem saying 'no, I'm not interested and you can't make me'. lol I'd rather deal with a pushy parking desk CM, than worry all week about my rental car. Rather than deal with one though, I just plan on telling them my husband won't be there, so I can't (and won't) attend any meeting.
You only need to show your room key to enter the gates. No one gets towed. You definitely don't need it.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #512
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I thought you had to have one to enter the parking garage though. Plus, I'd just rather be safe than sorry. I'd hate to have my rental car towed. I have no problem saying 'no, I'm not interested and you can't make me'. lol I'd rather deal with a pushy parking desk CM, than worry all week about my rental car. Rather than deal with one though, I just plan on telling them my husband won't be there, so I can't (and won't) attend any meeting.
Tower 6 uses a pass card but the parking garage for towers 4 & 5 do not require one. Our expierence with the parking desk was mild. My wife did the talking while I wandered around. She told them we simply can't afford (checked lowest income on form) whatever they were selling and they backed off. I agree with other posts also about one spouse staying in the car. It did not appear that they monitored the parking. I did see a tow truck one day but that could have been a service call as it was not towing anything.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014

Last edited by SYLVESTER7577; 12-28-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling, added info
SYLVESTER7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #513
SondraC
DIS Veteran

We are on our way, we checked in tomorrow! We forgot something though, and want to have it mailed to us at the resort. Do I just use the address on the first page of this thread? I tried searching this thread but didn't find the answer.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #514
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegrl36
Sorry but I can't find the WBC photo thread? I was going to go check it out but I am having some trouble finding it!

We leave at the end of January for our stay.

I am trying to decide which tower is the "best" to stay at. I know it is all relative as each person has different likes/dislikes.

We are more in to quiet, so which tower is best for that?

I am thinking tower 4 or 5. But really, I know it is just a request and nothing is set until we check in.

Based on this thread we are avoiding the parking desk, since they don't monitor it anyway.

We have a 2 bedroom Deluxe. Anything else I should know?
We stayed in tower 4 last time.... 7 th floor I think... Parking lot/ fireworks view. Very quiet, good view of MK fireworks and illuminations . The pool and hot tub was quiet and rarely crowded, lazy river next door was nice. Not sure if I would still request same view... I may want lakeview closer to the playground ....even though I like tower 4... Just to try something new.

Jenn
JennLK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #515
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman

We have but have yet to stay. The deal we got ( with the caveat that it is always based on availability) was a lot better than the clearing houses a lot of people have had great success with.
I found a good deal for this January by contacting an eBay seller. Probably 150 less for the week than the two sellers often mentioned here. I have used ken price in the past and he provided great service.

Jenn
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #516
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Fireworks view from high floor in building 4 or 5.......
Can you see any of the laser show on the lake from these towers?
We stayed on 6th floor of building 3 last year and loved having a lake AND fireworks views but you mainly saw the "higher" fireworks.
Any different say n the 15th floor of 4 or 5?
If not we will be requesting building 3 again.
Thanks!
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #517
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
In my experience.....I was told different things by different staff members at WBC. Some said that 'no' a parking permit was not required while others said it was. So if you decide that you would rather be safe and have one, what you do is this....
go to the desk alone(leave spouse in car or someplace else)...say he is back at home.
be sure to check off the lowest income bracket on the form
check off 'unemployed' or 'student'

They watch what you mark on the form and as soon as they see you mark 'unemployed' the whole game stops and they will hand over the pass without another word.

I can confirm that in a two week stay I was never once asked for my permit at the gate when entering the resort. You DO need your room key card to insert at the gate. Every time we left the resort we removed the parking permit from the mirror and never put it back until we returned and parked. Many times as we pulled up to the gate the guard would step out and as we showed our key card he/she would open the gate for us. They were all very pleasant people that would smile, wave or say hello.

Personally, I would not take a chance on not getting the permit. The potential hassle of having an issue with the car is just not worth saving 5 minutes at the desk.
Beg to differ...I checked unemployed and was still subjected to hard sell. It's worth trying, just be aware that it may not save you
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #518
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome
Fireworks view from high floor in building 4 or 5.......
Can you see any of the laser show on the lake from these towers?
We stayed on 6th floor of building 3 last year and loved having a lake AND fireworks views but you mainly saw the "higher" fireworks.
Any different say n the 15th floor of 4 or 5?
If not we will be requesting building 3 again.
Thanks!
I would say not really, no...at least not from tower 4. 7th floor. This is why I'm trying for a tower 2 or 3 lake and fireworks view this time

Jenn
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #519
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegrl36 View Post
Sorry but I can't find the WBC photo thread? I was going to go check it out but I am having some trouble finding it!

We leave at the end of January for our stay.

I am trying to decide which tower is the "best" to stay at. I know it is all relative as each person has different likes/dislikes.

We are more in to quiet, so which tower is best for that?

I am thinking tower 4 or 5. But really, I know it is just a request and nothing is set until we check in.

Based on this thread we are avoiding the parking desk, since they don't monitor it anyway.

We have a 2 bedroom Deluxe. Anything else I should know?
We have stayed in tower 5 and now think that we would prefer either tower 4 or the main building. We spend a fair bit of time in the pools and while we love the convienence of having a pool and lazy river right outside the door at 5, overall, we prefer the main pool. We also really like having the option of covered parking in the garage as we tend to visit in the summer. So with those things in mind it would seem that 4 is the best option for us.....shorter walk to the main pool and easy access to the garage.

As far as quiet goes.....you will have quiet and noisey spots in all buildings. I think the best thing to do is just request a 'quiet location' or 'non pool facing'. If quiet is the only thing you want it should be fairly easy to get what you want. I'm sensitive to outside noise and always ask for a high floor...last visit we got the 5th floor which I thought would be a problem. We were facing the parking lot which was disappointing but it was quiet. There was only one night that we think the neighbours were having a party (or else the kids were left alone) aside from some muffled noise that night we heard nothing other than the occassional slaming door in the hallway.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #520
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Universal/Seaworld from Bonnet Creek

We are considering a stay here in April. We will also go to Universal and Seaworld. How far of a drive would you say it is?
Thanks!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #521
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

I'm officially booked!

Two bedroom deluxe. Arriving October 27, 2013, departing November 3, 2013.

Booked on Wyndham points (we own at Smokey Mountains). Since we're actually exchanging through Wyndham and not renting from an owner, how easy would it be to get our choice of rooms? I'd like a fireworks view; however proximity to parking and being close to a playground and a good swimming pool for my DGD are probably more important.

Also, are there any pool slides that DGD can go down at all? I thought there were two slides; one with a 48 inch minimum height (but no swimming skills), and the other requires swimming skills (but no minimum height). Right now, she's about 43-44 inches, and can't swim without a life jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #522
pbarager
DDC #720

What is the advantage of buying into Bonnet Creek instead of another Wyndham resort that has lower fees? Most of the time we would stay at Bonnet Creek.
Thanks from a timeshare newbie!

Me (Paul) DW DD 11DD 9

December 2012 CSR December 2013 WBC!!
pbarager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #523
SondraC
DIS Veteran

We arrived! We got here about 40 minutes ago. They said no rooms are ready. The lobby is crazy! They offered us $125 Amex Gift card to go to the presentation.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #524
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
I would say not really, no...at least not from tower 4. 7th floor. This is why I'm trying for a tower 2 or 3 lake and fireworks view this time
Thaks for the response!
Anyone else that has stayed higher....14 - 15 th floor like to chime in?
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #525
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarager View Post
What is the advantage of buying into Bonnet Creek instead of another Wyndham resort that has lower fees? Most of the time we would stay at Bonnet Creek.
Thanks from a timeshare newbie!
First you know that you never buy directly from Wyndham. Always buy from another owner. By buying second-hand, you'll pay much less.

The major advantage of buying into WBC vs one of the other Wyndham timeshares is that you can reserve a room at your home resort 11 months before your vacation. If you buy into one of the other Wyndham resorts (as I mentioned, my home resort is Wyndham Smokey Mountains), you can reserve at another Wyndham resort at the 9 month mark. Right now, since WBC is so large, I think you'll be able to reserve at WBC most weeks at the 9 month mark. However, you may have problems during some weeks (Christmas, Easter, July 4th). I know there are some other Wyndham owners here who may give you more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote