Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #496
katallo
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm getting nervous about renting a 3 bedroom. Read quite a few reports of issues. I'm glad they moved you, but there is no excuse for the conditions you had. One thing I agree with is the lack of concern management has on issues in the units. We reported a dishwasher (that literally was not bolted into the counter) the first day we arrived. After 7 days, it was not fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernswthrt View Post
We stayed at Bonnet Creek for a week on Dec 8-15. This was my fourth stay there. I fell in love on my first visit and don't want to stay anywhere else.

This was the first trip for my in laws whom I had to work really hard on to agree to stay at BC instead of on site. That said I wanted to report my recent experience and find out if others experienced the same as we have another trip scheduled for February.

We arrived on Saturday around 5:30. There was no line and we checked in quickly. Not too hard a sell for parking pass desk. We were able to say thx but no thx. We were assigned room 129 in Tower 1. We drove over - lots of parking - loaded a cart with luggage after quite a wait, and found our room. It had been recently remodeled - well kind of - with different carpet and furnishings in some of the rooms. BUT the condition of this room was deplorable. The remodel was not done well with regards to carpet. The bathroom tiles in both bathrooms were obviously original and not replaced in the remodel as they were full of mold and mildew. The guest bathroom had a fake square window with black tape partially torn off. The furniture in one of the guest bedrooms was extremely worn and beat up and the closet door was completely off the hinges just standing on the floor. There were pincher bugs in the closet.

I am not one to complain but I had never seen such a horrible room at BC. I immediately went to the front desk to request to be moved after a long day of travel with three tired and hungry kids. I was told that there were no other 3 BR units available for my stay and they'd send housekeeping and engineering to fix the issues. I remained calm but firm in my request to be moved. The housekeeping manager was sent to check out the room and report back to the supervisor whether my request was appropriate or not which I thought was very tacky. Once she arrived at the room she agreed that it was not in decent condition and apologized and told the supervisor that I should get a new room if possible. While the situation wasn't handled badly, it definitely could have been better. I told the supervisor that we wanted to be moves but had to feed the kids. They sent a bellman to move our luggage while we left to eat.

We were assigned to room 629 in Tower 6. The room was fine and looked exactly like all other BC rooms. The only problem was that our kitchen sink was cracked but I wasn't going to complain about that after they finally moved us. We overlooked the pool. It was very quiet. The only drawback was parking. It can sometimes be rough to get a spot depending on the time. And that garage requires a key which we receives from the desk. Luggage carts were pretty much nonexistent there except for the occasional bellman.

I have stayed in towers 4 and 2 over the last 4 years and much preferred the location and parking situation there. Question is sine these are older towers, what is the condition of the rooms inside? I was honestly shocked at our original room!

I do love BC. Even after our last experience. Just wondering if we should make a request for a certain tower next time. TFl
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #497
Reflection
DIS Veteran

Currently at BCR

We are located in Tower 4, third flor, parking lot view; checked in this past Tuesday with no problem and our assigned room was ready. The condition of the room is fine -- furnishings and carpert in excellent condition and no mold/mildew in either bath. I guess this is a refurbed unit. We booked through Vacation Strategy and there was no problem with check in (we never received an email confirmation from Wyndham after making our final payment). The lock mechanism on our door was not working last night when we returned from dinner and the customer service response was profoundly lacking. The issue (the battery unit in the lock had died) was resolved but the poor customer service has left us with an overall negative impression despite the niceness of the unit and grounds.

Will post more later......
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #498
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

We are here now! Christmas week

Hi Everyone! This thread was very helpful while planning to stay at Bonnet Creek. So, thank you!

Check In: We arrived at 2pm on Sat., 12/22. Check in was quick and easy. I requested a fireworks view, but was told nothing was available. Only ground floor was available, or we would have to wait until 4-6pm and would still not be guaranteed a fireworks view. Against my better judgement I went to the parking pass counter. High pressure, and a waste of time. I must have said no 20 times!!! A lot was going on in the lobby. Balloons, pizza, music, etc.. It really made the kids excited to be there. (Which was good, because I was worried about not feeling the "Disney magic".)

Room: Location is horrible- first floor facing the parking lot. We can not really use the patio because there are taxis, cars and people walking by peering in. This also leads to being having to be careful with the drapes being closed. This makes it very dark inside.

The room condition is nearly perfect. Everything is clean and in great condition. There are plenty of supplies in the kitchen, and the washer and dryer work great. Someone had asked a while back if there was a baking sheet and cake pan. Yes, to both items. We had two issues that we noticed after unpacking. No a/c and the tv in the master bedroom didn't work. They fixed it by the next day.

Pool/Ammenities: Beautifully maintained! So many pools and hot tubs. It has been chilly, and the pools are warm and the hot tubs are hot. Perfect!! We are usually the only ones swimming. We used the grill by the pool. It was clean but very slow to cook the food even though I had it on high. The arcade, workout room, pool tables, children's activity center, mini golf are fabulous...and empty! No one has been using this stuff while we were there. Santa and Mrs. Clause were dancing and doing contests at tower 6 Pirate pool last night. It was really funny, and confusing. The kids were asking why Santa wasn't out delivering presents. According to Norad he was out on the sleigh?!? LOL There are more activities than you can possible do. It is great.

Buses: Don't depend on them for holiday week if you go to rope drop. The first buses do not leave until 8... the parks have been opeing at 8 (actually earlier when we are there.) You really need a car here if it a busy time of year. It just takes a couple of minutes to get to the parks in your car. We have never had out car while at Disney before. (We have always stayed onsite and used magical express and Disney transportation.) We can not believe how quick it is to get to the parks with your own car. Bonnet Creek's location is beyond perfect.

Disney Magic: NONE The staff isn't friendly or helpful. Nothing major..but not the same as Disney resorts. It isn't that big of a deal for us because we are too busy doing our own thing to let other people determine our experience.

The price, location, pools, and room size make this a no brainer for me. I wouldn't think twice about staying here again. It is a fantastic value. My husband isn't crazy about not staying at a Disney resort, so I do not know if I could get him to stay here again. He would rather spend more to have more things "taken care of". He likes the things like Magical Express. I can do without it if it means more space for less money.

BTW: We have been following Josh's advice (from easywdw) for the parks and it has been spot on. The parks are rated 10 and we rode everything we wanted multiple times. We have been to Disney for spring break multiple times and for Thanksgiving. The crowds and wait times didn't affect us because of following his plans.

I could try to answer questions, if anyone has them. I will be here for two weeks. I will check back here in a couple of days. Merry Christmas everyone!

Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #499
carolynl
Earning My Ears

has anyone rented using timesharemall off ebay for BC
carolynl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #500
JennLK
DIS Veteran

We will be doing our second stay here in just over a week. It's hard to go back to staying in a hotel room - or paying disney prices for a villa - after you have stayed here!

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #501
naturegrl36
Earning My Ears

Sorry but I can't find the WBC photo thread? I was going to go check it out but I am having some trouble finding it!

We leave at the end of January for our stay.

I am trying to decide which tower is the "best" to stay at. I know it is all relative as each person has different likes/dislikes.

We are more in to quiet, so which tower is best for that?

I am thinking tower 4 or 5. But really, I know it is just a request and nothing is set until we check in.

Based on this thread we are avoiding the parking desk, since they don't monitor it anyway.

We have a 2 bedroom Deluxe. Anything else I should know?
naturegrl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #502
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegrl36
Sorry but I can't find the WBC photo thread? I was going to go check it out but I am having some trouble finding it!

I am trying to decide which tower is the "best" to stay at. I know it is all relative as each person has different likes/dislikes.

I am thinking tower 4 or 5. But really, I know it is just a request and nothing is set until we check in.

Based on this thread we are avoiding the parking desk, since they don't monitor it anyway.

We stayed in Octoberand stayed in tower 3 on 7th floor facing the lake with firework view. The room was newly updated and very quiet. Parking was easy and we had a great time. We were near the pool with smaller slide (cold water) and kiddie splash area. The mini golf was close and my girls loved it. Send me you r email address Ill send you pictures. Dont know why I cant post them here, maybe its becauseIm on my tablet.
kimski25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #503
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynl
has anyone rented using timesharemall off ebay for BC
We have but have yet to stay. The deal we got ( with the caveat that it is always based on availability) was a lot better than the clearing houses a lot of people have had great success with.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #504
erineab
Mouseketeer

To Parking Pass or Not to Parking Pass? HELP!

OK, with our early March getaway drawing closer I am just hoping to get some clarification on the parking pass issue. Many have reported on here that they have skipped the parking pass desk entirely and never had an issue gaining entrance into the resort. Others have stated that they did require a parking pass in order to get through the gates. I am just hoping to get to the bottom of this. I am a bit of a pushover and hate to make anyone "unhappy" so I know the parking pass desk will be a moderate form of torture for me. At the same time, I am concerned about having issues when re-entering the resort area if we don't have a parking pass. Just hoping BC veterans can share their experiences so I can have a better idea of how to approach this!
erineab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #505
carolynl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
We have but have yet to stay. The deal we got ( with the caveat that it is always based on availability) was a lot better than the clearing houses a lot of people have had great success with.
sorry what does that mean about the availablity?
carolynl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #506
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
OK, with our early March getaway drawing closer I am just hoping to get some clarification on the parking pass issue. Many have reported on here that they have skipped the parking pass desk entirely and never had an issue gaining entrance into the resort. Others have stated that they did require a parking pass in order to get through the gates. I am just hoping to get to the bottom of this. I am a bit of a pushover and hate to make anyone "unhappy" so I know the parking pass desk will be a moderate form of torture for me. At the same time, I am concerned about having issues when re-entering the resort area if we don't have a parking pass. Just hoping BC veterans can share their experiences so I can have a better idea of how to approach this!
I'll be at BC for the first time in May and was concerned about this too. However, I've read that they can't attempt to sell you anything, if both spouses are not present, so alot of people just leave their spouse in the car and tell the parking pass desk CM, that the spouse didn't make the trip. You are then immediately let go with your parking pass. They don't even try to push anything on you. This is what I intend to do. I want the parking pass, just in case there is a problem, so will just tell them my husband is not on the trip, so I can't (and won't attend any presentation).

We stayed at Westgate Town Center, when we were down there this past Oct/Nov and it worked perfectly. I left my husband in the car (as he is the pushover in our family and too nice for his own good). When I went to their desk to get the parking tag, she tried to get me to attend a 'free owner's breakfast', but as soon as I mentioned that my husband was not along, she immediately said 'nevermind'. There are no more hard sale salesmen than the ones employed by Westgate, but we didn't have a single problem with them (no hardsell tactics) when I told them my husband would not be around.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #507
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee

I'll be at BC for the first time in May and was concerned about this too. However, I've read that they can't attempt to sell you anything, if both spouses are not present, so alot of people just leave their spouse in the car and tell the parking pass desk CM, that the spouse didn't make the trip. You are then immediately let go with your parking pass. They don't even try to push anything on you. This is what I intend to do. I want the parking pass, just in case there is a problem, so will just tell them my husband is not on the trip, so I can't (and won't attend any presentation).

We stayed at Westgate Town Center, when we were down there this past Oct/Nov and it worked perfectly. I left my husband in the car (as he is the pushover in our family and too nice for his own good). When I went to their desk to get the parking tag, she tried to get me to attend a 'free owner's breakfast', but as soon as I mentioned that my husband was not along, she immediately said 'nevermind'. There are no more hard sale salesmen than the ones employed by Westgate, but we didn't have a single problem with them (no hardsell tactics) when I told them my husband would not be around.
You don't need a parking pass. Just skip it.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #508
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadadoug View Post
You don't need a parking pass. Just skip it.
I thought you had to have one to enter the parking garage though. Plus, I'd just rather be safe than sorry. I'd hate to have my rental car towed. I have no problem saying 'no, I'm not interested and you can't make me'. lol I'd rather deal with a pushy parking desk CM, than worry all week about my rental car. Rather than deal with one though, I just plan on telling them my husband won't be there, so I can't (and won't) attend any meeting.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #509
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegrl36 View Post

We stayed on floor 14 tower 5 2br deluxe. We had the fireworks view and it was wonderful and very quiet. The view itself was wonderful. Epcot, MK, DTD, and some resorts. The elivators were very fast. Parking was easy. I have read tower 4 is very simular in liking also.
Tower 6 just has presidential suites from the 10th floor up I believe. Call your request in about a week prior to arrival.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
POP JANUARY 2015 POP MAY 2015 WBC OCTOBER 2015
SYLVESTER7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #510
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
In my experience.....I was told different things by different staff members at WBC. Some said that 'no' a parking permit was not required while others said it was. So if you decide that you would rather be safe and have one, what you do is this....
go to the desk alone(leave spouse in car or someplace else)...say he is back at home.
be sure to check off the lowest income bracket on the form
check off 'unemployed' or 'student'

They watch what you mark on the form and as soon as they see you mark 'unemployed' the whole game stops and they will hand over the pass without another word.

I can confirm that in a two week stay I was never once asked for my permit at the gate when entering the resort. You DO need your room key card to insert at the gate. Every time we left the resort we removed the parking permit from the mirror and never put it back until we returned and parked. Many times as we pulled up to the gate the guard would step out and as we showed our key card he/she would open the gate for us. They were all very pleasant people that would smile, wave or say hello.

Personally, I would not take a chance on not getting the permit. The potential hassle of having an issue with the car is just not worth saving 5 minutes at the desk.