Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #481
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Getting a cab...any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
Looking for the best way to get a cab from WBC to Grand Floridian. Do I need to call one myself? Or does bell services or front desk do it? Where will it pick up? I am staying in Tower 6 and wondering if the cabs go to buildings or pick up at a designated location?
Quoting myself to bump this up. Still wondering if anyone can tell me about cabs from WBC. TIA!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #482
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Quoting myself to bump this up. Still wondering if anyone can tell me about cabs from WBC. TIA!
Im sorry I dont know this information for you. We had our own car and didnt need a cab...but bumping it again to help you out.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #483
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Give BC a call. I'm us they can answer that for you. Please post afterwards because it looks like I will need to be doing this as well.
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #484
alryan
Earning My Ears

hePevrafter, The bus schedule had a number for a cab co. I just used that one when we were there in Oct. I called myself a few hours before we needed it and told them the time we wanted to leave. They picked up right at Tower 5. Paid $18 plus tip to All Star. Hope that helps.
alryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #485
GinCar
DIS Veteran

I just booked BC for April, 2 bdr, pres suite through vacation strategy. Thanks to all that contributed to this thread. I am sure I made the right decision.

It is a snow day here, so I have been planning for Spring Break!
2011 Dolphin, 2011 POFQ, 2012 Beach Club
2013 February,Pre-Cruise- Polynesian, Fantasy
2013 Spring Break WBC; August- Pop, Contemporary
2014 Feb-BWI, April-FANTASY Cruising
GinCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #486
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I am interesting in staying here but my dates are a Tuesday to Tuesday (4/2 top 4/9) and my dates aren't flexible. I have inquired through several rental sites but have found no availability so far. Does anyone know if the rentals here are only Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday? I wonder if this is why I am having problems securing a room?

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #487
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post
I am interesting in staying here but my dates are a Tuesday to Tuesday (4/2 top 4/9) and my dates aren't flexible. I have inquired through several rental sites but have found no availability so far. Does anyone know if the rentals here are only Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday? I wonder if this is why I am having problems securing a room?

Thanks!
Try vacation strategy.
We had weekday checkin/out last year no problem.
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #488
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
If it helps, I remember reading that several people have had positive results with the taxi services. Bell Services can pre-arrange a cab for you and they can pick you up at your tower. Several people to use them over the bus system to insure promt reservation times or to avoid peak bus runs.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
SYLVESTER7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #489
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
Try vacation strategy.
We had weekday checkin/out last year no problem.
That was going to be my suggestion. I have a ten night trip booked for Friday May 10th through Monday May 20th with Vacation Strategies.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #490
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses
Can anyone share their experience with staying in a unit on a lower floor? I know the higher floors are popular with the fireworks views and wanting to be away from the noise from the pool and common areas; but for various reasons we may actually need to request a ground floor unit. Thanks

Bumping my post for any feedback, thanks!
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #491
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
That's a busy time and currently there is no availability in any size unit for Tues through Thurs nights. That's not to say those nights won't become available. But to rent this right now someone would have to have this exact reservation already booked.

You should contact as many of the mega renters as possible so that they will be keeping an eye out for this reservation. Availability is for any owner to book as soon as it pops up.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #492
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Hill

That's a busy time and currently there is no availability in any size unit for Tues through Thurs nights. That's not to say those nights won't become available. But to rent this right now someone would have to have this exact reservation already booked.

You should contact as many of the mega renters as possible so that they will be keeping an eye out for this reservation. Availability is for any owner to book as soon as it pops up.
I booked our Spring Break trip in August and noticed shortly after I booked the availability was gone! At least through RCI.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #493
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help with the cab. On our first morning (12/29), my husband and dad are playing golf. We have APs but my parents aren't getting park tix for that day. I am going to take the kids to MK for two hours and then monorail to 1900 Park Fare for bfast. Since my mom doesn't have a ticket for that day, she will need to cab to GF since I will have one car and hubby will have the other. We always drive, so I have never had to use cab service in WDW before. Hopefully, all will go smoothly. Thanks again!

BTW-- Only one more week!!!!!!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #494
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the help with the cab. On our first morning (12/29), my husband and dad are playing golf. We have APs but my parents aren't getting park tix for that day. I am going to take the kids to MK for two hours and then monorail to 1900 Park Fare for bfast. Since my mom doesn't have a ticket for that day, she will need to cab to GF since I will have one car and hubby will have the other. We always drive, so I have never had to use cab service in WDW before. Hopefully, all will go smoothly. Thanks again!

BTW-- Only one more week!!!!!!
If you have the time, your mom could take the Bonnet Creek shuttle to Epcot or Hollywood studios and take Disney transportation from there.

I have seen taxis parked at the main building, and there are hundreds of taxis in the area, so getting one won't be hard.

Have fun!
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #495
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Bonnet Creek for a week on Dec 8-15. This was my fourth stay there. I fell in love on my first visit and don't want to stay anywhere else.

This was the first trip for my in laws whom I had to work really hard on to agree to stay at BC instead of on site. That said I wanted to report my recent experience and find out if others experienced the same as we have another trip scheduled for February.

We arrived on Saturday around 5:30. There was no line and we checked in quickly. Not too hard a sell for parking pass desk. We were able to say thx but no thx. We were assigned room 129 in Tower 1. We drove over - lots of parking - loaded a cart with luggage after quite a wait, and found our room. It had been recently remodeled - well kind of - with different carpet and furnishings in some of the rooms. BUT the condition of this room was deplorable. The remodel was not done well with regards to carpet. The bathroom tiles in both bathrooms were obviously original and not replaced in the remodel as they were full of mold and mildew. The guest bathroom had a fake square window with black tape partially torn off. The furniture in one of the guest bedrooms was extremely worn and beat up and the closet door was completely off the hinges just standing on the floor. There were pincher bugs in the closet.

I am not one to complain but I had never seen such a horrible room at BC. I immediately went to the front desk to request to be moved after a long day of travel with three tired and hungry kids. I was told that there were no other 3 BR units available for my stay and they'd send housekeeping and engineering to fix the issues. I remained calm but firm in my request to be moved. The housekeeping manager was sent to check out the room and report back to the supervisor whether my request was appropriate or not which I thought was very tacky. Once she arrived at the room she agreed that it was not in decent condition and apologized and told the supervisor that I should get a new room if possible. While the situation wasn't handled badly, it definitely could have been better. I told the supervisor that we wanted to be moves but had to feed the kids. They sent a bellman to move our luggage while we left to eat.

We were assigned to room 629 in Tower 6. The room was fine and looked exactly like all other BC rooms. The only problem was that our kitchen sink was cracked but I wasn't going to complain about that after they finally moved us. We overlooked the pool. It was very quiet. The only drawback was parking. It can sometimes be rough to get a spot depending on the time. And that garage requires a key which we receives from the desk. Luggage carts were pretty much nonexistent there except for the occasional bellman.

I have stayed in towers 4 and 2 over the last 4 years and much preferred the location and parking situation there. Question is sine these are older towers, what is the condition of the rooms inside? I was honestly shocked at our original room!

I do love BC. Even after our last experience. Just wondering if we should make a request for a certain tower next time. TFl
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote