Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #451
SondraC
DIS Veteran

We are booked!!!

We are doing our first stay at WBC December 29 - January 5.

I didn't think we could get something here on such short notice.

Yay!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #452
katallo
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the 3 and 4 bedroom units have a regular washer/dryer or the stackable ones? Also, are the balconies larger than the 2 bedrrom unit balconies? Thanks
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #453
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

What is the best tower in the resort? I don't think I want towers 4 or 5 because of the ripped couches. So should I go with towers 1,2,3, or 6? I am booking a deluxe room if that helps. I do understand that tower 6 is mostly presidentials on the higher floors.

Thanks!
Disfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #454
syk731
Earning My Ears

I stayed in tower 4 in November and the couches were new, so no rips.
syk731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #455
Disney Dukers
Mouseketeer

Newbi here...can anyone book at this hotel or is it a timeshare place where you need to know someone? Thanks!

2008 Best Western Lakeside - Kissimmee
2009 Regal Sun - Downtown Disney
2011 Pop Century - Disney World
2013 Yacht Club - Disney World
2014 Tropicana Inn - Disneyland
Disney Dukers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #456
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dukers View Post
Newbi here...can anyone book at this hotel or is it a timeshare place where you need to know someone? Thanks!
Two reliable places to get quotes for this resort are Vacation Upgrades or Vacation Strategy. Both places manage points for timeshare owners and secure bookings for people interested in renting at WBC. Most on this board are renters and not owners.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #457
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Hello,

What is the best tower in the resort? I don't think I want towers 4 or 5 because of the ripped couches. So should I go with towers 1,2,3, or 6? I am booking a deluxe room if that helps. I do understand that tower 6 is mostly presidentials on the higher floors.

Thanks!
We were there in October, tower 4...brand new sleeper sofa in our unit and it slept great! I really enjoyed the location of this tower
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #458
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It is a timeshare resort, in addition to the companies I am sure other people will recommend, I would also strongly looking at Ebay ( you can search bonnet creek rental)

If you go with Ebay you will likely be dealing with an owner, or more likely a company similar to what other people have described. The good thing is that, although availability changes, you can see what other people have paid in order to determine whether the quotes you get are competitive. In many cases they are, in some cases they are not.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #459
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Just returned from an 11 day stay at WBC.

Stayed in Tower 6, in a one bedroom presidential.

This place is spectacular. No qualms about staying here, and I really hope to again in the future.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #460
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Getting a cab question

Looking for the best way to get a cab from WBC to Grand Floridian. Do I need to call one myself? Or does bell services or front desk do it? Where will it pick up? I am staying in Tower 6 and wondering if the cabs go to buildings or pick up at a designated location?
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #461
SondraC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just booked one from ebay. We are staying over New Years.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #462
militaryspousemouse
Earning My Ears

I just called to confirm our reservation since we got our room thru eBay and everything was there, thank goodness. I did request a fireworks/lake view and his response was "yeah, okay". I thought I was talking to my 16yr old. Not sure they even take "requests" serious. They can at least humor you and pretend to be recording it somewhere. Id just hate to end up on the back side of Bldg 6 and not have a lake or fireworks view but I guess I probably have a 50/50 shot of it. Oh well....
militaryspousemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #463
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Has anyone ever stayed in a deluxe room in tower 6? Also if you can please include photos of room views of lake view with room number.

Thanks!
Disfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #464
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Question How do I get a QUIET room at Bonnet Creek?

Okay Google searched this one and can't get an answer I can work with. So I'm calling out to all the Bonnet Creek Aficiandos...

Tried Bonnet Creek for the first time last year. We asked for a lake & fireworks view. That is what we received, however it was NOISY. Very noisy, too noisy for us. Tower 3, Floor 6. We couldn't open our door for fresh air because the fountain was deafening during the day and the activity at the pool bar was too much for us.

This year we would like to relax and enjoy our balcony. We are in a 2-bdrm Deluxe.

What tower/floor/view should I request? Golf course view? Forest view? Other recommendations?

Last edited by ready123go; 12-17-2012 at 06:35 PM.
ready123go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #465
DisLis
Mouseketeer

Back from trip

We were at Bonnet Creek for the 1st time from 12/1 to 12/9 in a 2 bedroom deluxe. We chose building 4 because we figured it would be quieter, but still close to things. We asked for a fireworks view and were placed in a room on the 7th floor. We could see both EP and MK fireworks. Was pretty nice one night when they were both going off at the same time.
We had no complaints. The furniture was nice and comfy, including the sofa sleeper IMO. The staff were really nice, always offering a greeting when we passed by. We did not get a parking pass, but not because I was avoiding it. There was always a line and I just could not see waiting in line. There is enough of that at the parks.
We loved the lazy river in front of building 5. We also had to go to building 5 to change our towels. This is longer than the 2nd lazy river. The only day we had a problem was when about 30 men clogged the water and no one could get past them. We just left and went back later. They were all in a group and obviously knew each other.
We rented a car. I would not want to rely on the bus service. My kids were going to try to come back around lunch time on their own from the parks for a swim and found they would have about a 3 hour wait for the next bus! Driving was convenient and quick, but the GPS was fairly useless, as others have mentioned. Following the signs worked pretty well, although I still managed to take the wrong turn every once in a while!
The prices in the shop on site were more reasonable than Disney prices. We did not partake of any of the resort activities because we were at the parks most of the time. I will be sure and schedule more time at the resort next time around.
DisLis is offline   Reply With Quote