Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #436
ADVentive
Earning My Ears

I have finally finished reading all 3 parts to this thread, and I just want to thank all of you for contributing all this valuable information! I really feel so informed now!

That said, here is my question. Maybe it's not appropriate to this thread - let me know. We are booked for a 4 bedroom presidential for Sept 2013. My MIL is worried about it being hurricane season and suggested trip insurance. Has anyone tried to get trip insurance for something like this, when renting from an owner? I tried to look it up on InsureMyTrip, but didn't see what I was looking for.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #437
Travellerman
Mouseketeer

Is there any restaurant menus online for the restaurants at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (or Wyndham Grand which I'm told is in same complex) Am going soon, last time I was there I dont think the Wyndham Grand was open (could have been but I honestly dont think it was)
I read something about someone requesting a fireworks view? Does it work well? If we dont' get a fireworks view is it possible to go somewhere on Wyndham Bonnet Creek property to see them with a good view? (Its been acouple years since I've been) Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #438
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellerman View Post
Is there any restaurant menus online for the restaurants at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (or Wyndham Grand which I'm told is in same complex) Am going soon, last time I was there I dont think the Wyndham Grand was open (could have been but I honestly dont think it was)
I read something about someone requesting a fireworks view? Does it work well? If we dont' get a fireworks view is it possible to go somewhere on Wyndham Bonnet Creek property to see them with a good view? (Its been acouple years since I've been) Thanks.
As to fireworks views, the upper floors in towers four and five are great. We were in tower 5 14th floor and the views were excellent. Epcot is right there, Magic Kingdome in the distance and Downtown Disney to the left. I have read that in some towers, as well as 4 & 5, views are decent from even the middle floors. The hotel menu is available on line I believe and the food at the resort resembles Disney's limited quick service type menu for about the same cost. There are also allowed (deliverable) restaurants to the resort as well.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
POP JANUARY 2015 POP MAY 2015 WBC OCTOBER 2015
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #439
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellerman View Post
I
We requested a fireworks view room on our recent October trip, but there were no units available at the time we checked in. They offered to us that we could wait for one to become available, but since we had DS2 with us, we decided it was better to just get into a room asap. We were in Building 2, and they did offer up one of their model rooms on the top floor that they opened up every night for fireworks viewing. We did that one night and had a great view of IllumiNations with just a few other families joining us on the balcony. In the past, we have chosen to wait for the fireworks view, and were ridiculously impressed with the view!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 12-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #440
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Booked our stay for WBC in February through Vacation Upgrades (thanks to the many people here). Ken & Denise were great!

Now if only they could work magic with the weather to guarantee that part of our vacation
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #441
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3015 View Post
Has anyone been though the vacation club sells pitch for bonnet creek, wondering how hard sell are they. Have a 3 nite 4 day sells pitch offer for $200.00. is it worth it?
We are doing this in June. They contacted me because we stayed at their resort in Wisconsin Dells last year. I knew I wanted to stay here anyway to try it out. I told them no at first then then upped it to 4 night stay and we would get a $100 American Express Card after the presentation. So, basically $25 a night. We also got a 2 Bedroom Unit. I can live through the presentation for that. We have been to enough of them and know how they work. Just planning on making that day a pool/free day anyway.

After those 4 nights we are moving over to Old Key West for 6 nights.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #442
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Does anyone have any pictures of a one bedroom deluxe? I've searched but all I'm finding are three and four bedroom presidentials.

2. Does anyone know where most of the one bedroom deluxes are located. I'd really like to have a high floor overlooking a lazy river. I'm thinking of requesting either main building or tower 5. Would those be good locations?

3. I'm booked for ten nights/eleven days through Vacation Strategies. From what I'm reading rentals are usually just for a week. Am I going to have to check out and back in after seven nights and possibly change rooms?

4. Are there plenty of handicap parking close to the buildings?

5. If I wanted to add WBC as a favorite in my Garmin GPS, does anyone have the location to download?

Boy, I have more questions than I thought. One more though: Where is the nearest Publix located? Do they have a deli with full meals?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #443
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post

5. If I wanted to add WBC as a favorite in my Garmin GPS, does anyone have the location to download?
9560 Via Encinas Lake Buena Vista Orlando FL 32830
GPS Position: 81°32'20"W, 28°21'38"N -81.538896 , 28.360731
http://www.gps-data-team.com/where/W...t_Creek_Resort

Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #444
SondraC
DIS Veteran

I have been reading through this thread, trying to know how this works.
My question, am I just crazy trying to find an opening from Dec 29-Jan 5 for a 2 or 3 bedroom?
I have contacted 2 companies, Vacation Strategy says no availability, and Farrell vacations says they are checking.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #445
militaryspousemouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SondraC View Post
I have been reading through this thread, trying to know how this works.
My question, am I just crazy trying to find an opening from Dec 29-Jan 5 for a 2 or 3 bedroom?
I have contacted 2 companies, Vacation Strategy says no availability, and Farrell vacations says they are checking.
I tried like crazy last year to book the same week short notice like you (waited until the football bowl games were announced) and found nothing even off of ebay and Craigslist. We ended up staying at Sheraton Vistana and it was great (found it from Craigslist).

This year we decided to go to Orlando again regardless of where our Gamecocks were headed so we booked early last month at WBC.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #446
SondraC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryspousemouse View Post
I tried like crazy last year to book the same week short notice like you (waited until the football bowl games were announced) and found nothing even off of ebay and Craigslist. We ended up staying at Sheraton Vistana and it was great (found it from Craigslist).

This year we decided to go to Orlando again regardless of where our Gamecocks were headed so we booked early last month at WBC.
Thanks for the info. We are never last minute people, but we have always wanted to see the decorations, and we can finally get away during that time. Usually it's summer or nothing for us.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #447
dsanner106
DIS Veteran

I will answer below each question,

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post

1. Does anyone have any pictures of a one bedroom deluxe? I've searched but all I'm finding are three and four bedroom presidentials.

The wyndham vacation resorts.com website has great pictures of all units

2. Does anyone know where most of the one bedroom deluxes are located. I'd really like to have a high floor overlooking a lazy river. I'm thinking of requesting either main building or tower 5. Would those be good locations?

Definately go with building 5. I had a one br deluxe last week on the 9th floor overlooking the lazy river, great!!!

3. I'm booked for ten nights/eleven days through Vacation Strategies. From what I'm reading rentals are usually just for a week. Am I going to have to check out and back in after seven nights and possibly change rooms?

I have done this several times and at the desk they were always able to arrange for me to stay in the room.

4. Are there plenty of handicap parking close to the buildings?

Yes

Boy, I have more questions than I thought. One more though: Where is the nearest Publix located? Do they have a deli with full meals?

72 offsite
'74 offsite, '01 Old Key West,'02 Wyndham
'03 timeshare,'04 Pop Century '04 Coronado Springs
'05 Offsite
'06 All Star Sports 06 CoronadoSprings '07 Bonnett Creek 07 All Star Music '08 Pop Century '08 Boardwalk Villas '09 Beachclub Villas '09 Animal Kdom kidani village'10 Saratoga Sp, '11 Bay Lake Towers,' 12' Boardwalk, '12 AK Kidani
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #448
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanner106 View Post
I will answer below each question,
Thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #449
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Can anyone share their experience with staying in a unit on a lower floor? I know the higher floors are popular with the fireworks views and wanting to be away from the noise from the pool and common areas; but for various reasons we may actually need to request a ground floor unit. Thanks
Old 12-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #450
The Iron Giant
DIS Veteran

We just finished a great stay at WBC - 12/8 to 12/14. We had a two bedroom deluxe unit on the 15th floor of tower 5. We rented through Ken and Denise Price and would highly recommend them.

The room was clean and everything was in great shape. The kids loved the pools. It felt like we had the place to ourselves as it was not busy at all. We had a pool day and spent it over by La Cocina. We ordered pizza for lunch and drinks from the bar. There was a guy with a guitar provinding entertainment for the adults and the resort had a young lady organizing games by the pool for the kids. Can't say enough good things about the place.

The time share sell at the parking pass desk was very low key and they didn't press me any further when i politely said no thank you. The room had everything we needed and the space was great now that we have four kids. We love staying onsite at Disney, but I doubt we will stay anywhere else in the future. There is no comparison to cramming a family into a small hotel room. The resort grounds are every bit as beautiful as Disney and they had great Christmas decorations up as well. At checkin my kids got their photo with Santa and they also had a guy in the lobby doing balloon animals. Fantastic!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread!
Closed Thread