Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #346
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundytrail View Post
Which route do you prefer between MCO and Bonnet Creek

Route 417
or
Route 528

And the second part why
417.... and because it's a straight shot and pretty easy/quick to get there.

If you take 417 to the International Drive exit, You can just stay straight on that road over I-4 as it turns into EPCOT CEnter Drive. On the Return trip, There is a 7-11 and a Hess station before you get to 417 that you can use to top off your gas tank so you will show a full tank when you return the rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
Leaving in 5 Days and can't wait! Does anyone ever not drive or not rent a car? We are flying in and taking a car service to the resort. We will have a grocery stop along the way, and I'm assuming that our room will not be ready when we get there around 2pm. If our room is not ready, will they have a fridge/freezer that we can keep our food in while we wait for our room?
I always drive/rent so I've never had to take advantage of it myself, but I have seen others post that they do have a fridge they can use to store your perishables until your room is ready. I don't know however if there is a freezer for frozen goods or if there is a limit on how much they'll hold for you.

If in doubt however, you could always call the resort directly and ask them.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #347
syk731
Earning My Ears

I used Garden Grocer this trip. They delivered to bell services about 1 hr before we arrived. Bell services kept it refrigerated until we checked in. I don't know if bell services has a freezer but they definitely have a fridge.

But your room may be ready at 2 PM, especially if you're flexible with what type of room you want. There were several rooms available at 3 PM when we checked in.
syk731 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #348
momof1+1+2
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Disfan15;45360903]

The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? Free refills of all supplies?

Thanks!
2005 - CBR
1995 - Offsite

Last edited by momof1+1+2; 11-06-2012 at 10:53 PM.
momof1+1+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #349
Small1029
Earning My Ears

Just got back from our first visit to WBC. It was great!!!

We checked in Halloween night around 11. I asked for a high floor and he asked me if I had a blg preference and I chose blg 3 bc i knew it was renovated. It didnt disappoint. No view just parking lot but I got the 7th floor and the blg I wanted so beggars can't be choosers. VERY quiet. We never waited for an elevator once. They are still renovating the blg. They were painting the 1 st floor while we were there so they may not have had a lot of ppl in tower 3 but we loved it. Our room was very nice...all new and updated furniture, paint, and bedding. It smelled brand new when we walked in. The guy that checked us in told me generally they put ppl in blg 4 first but it wasn't a busy time so he accommodated the guest requests as much as possible.

No parking pass needed. Keys will let u in the gate. I never went back to get one and it was never needed.

We did override the a/c and I will say the bedrooms were still warm. The main room and kitchen were freezing by contrast but I personally was uncomfortable sleeping each night BC I like to be cold. We had a couple of towels in our room that had dried up toothpaste on them. I tried washing them but they didn't come clean. These are my only complaints about our stay. But regarding the towels...we had plenty with only 4 of us so it really wasn't a big deal.

The pools were chilly. My kids (9, 7) loved the pirate pool best so we spent almost all of our time there. They did try the main pool and tower 5 lazy rivers and each time they stayed just a small amount of time before asking to go to pirate pool. Tower 3 pool was coldest. Kids liked the slide and on our warmest, full sun day we spent half the day there (they went back and forth btw pool and splash pad). The slides are 48 inches and they pretty much enforce that at pirate pool. Tower 3 pool says 48 inches or be blue to swim length of pool unassisted. My son is 47 inches and went down that slide no problem.

We booked at 25 days out with vacation upgrades. Ken was fabulous. He was the only one to have availability for my wed-tues dates and we felt we got a good deal as we were suppose to stay at Sheraton vistana and ken saved us about 350 . I'd stay here again for sure. Next time ill book a little sooner and try for a presidential so I don't have to stress about getting a high floor. We had a great experience with the staff, our check in was fabulous, and we really enjoyed the resort. We didn't do Disney this trip (4 previous trips to Disney) so we really took advantage of the resort and all it had to offer. We didn't eat at the restaurants, we did hang at the hotel pool which is nice, and we did rent a cabana (50 on weekend 25 during week) at pirate pool. What we did buy from there I didn't find to be outrageously priced (I'm from Chicago and everything is over priced). We took drinks in a cooler to the pool as did many of the guests.

I hope this helps. Reading reviews really helped me with info and to make the decision to stay there. I can say I honestly can't wait to go back!!!
Small1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #350
MickeyMickey
DIS Veteran

I have a AAA parking pass I will mail out today to the first person that Pam's me a name and address

Thanks
MickeyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #351
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Two good videos of Bonnet Creek that I did not see referenced as I went through this and previous threads on BC.

Aerial view
http://vimeo.com/32337497

General Overview
http://vimeo.com/26035312

Fundytrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #352
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Is there anyway to get things like that, videos and links to the picture thread on the first post like they do for the onsite hotels? Often so many things are asked over and over and it would be nice to have one spot for people to go to for that stuff.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #353
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
Is there anyway to get things like that, videos and links to the picture thread on the first post like they do for the onsite hotels? Often so many things are asked over and over and it would be nice to have one spot for people to go to for that stuff.

In order for the first post to be updated with all the information, it requires the person who started the thread the keep it updated.

Parts 1 and 2 were started by people who were somewhat active and who kept the first post updated with some of the FAQ.

This thread however was created by a DISBoard Newbie before part 2 was close to being closed. They just copy-pasted the text from the Part 2 first post (without including the links or images), and I haven't seen them around much lately.

So while it would be nice, sadly I don't think we have a thread originator who is willing to invest the time needed to keep the first post here updated.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #354
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
In order for the first post to be updated with all the information, it requires the person who started the thread the keep it updated.

Parts 1 and 2 were started by people who were somewhat active and who kept the first post updated with some of the FAQ.

This thread however was created by a DISBoard Newbie before part 2 was close to being closed. They just copy-pasted the text from the Part 2 first post (without including the links or images), and I haven't seen them around much lately.

So while it would be nice, sadly I don't think we have a thread originator who is willing to invest the time needed to keep the first post here updated.
BOO! That stinks. I saw this thread being started WAAAAAAAAAAY early. I've been stalking this thread on and off for a month since we just got back from our first visit (onsite) and kept passing this place on the busses and thought it would be much nicer to stay here with the space.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #355
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

Are there DVD players in the living room and the bed rooms?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #356
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Living room yes. We were in a 3 bedroom and the 2 back bedrooms did not have one. Not sure about the master as my mom was in there and I didn't go digging through drawers
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #357
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
We just stayed in a two bedroom deluxe and there was not one in the master bedroom.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
SYLVESTER7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #358
DCTooTall

Quote:
As others have mentioned, There is a DVD/CD Player/Stereo located in the Living room in the cabinet under the TV.

The bedrooms just have the TV.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #359
ottawafamilyof4
Earning My Ears

Our flight just changed to arrive 12 hours later than when we booked. We will now arrive at the resort around 10pm. Does this mean that we will get whatever rejected rooms are left after everyone else has checked in? I expect the resort to be at capacity for our dates.

From what I've read, you can make a room request in advance, but what actually happens is that rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can avoid a first floor parking lot view?

Thanks!
ottawafamilyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #360
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafamilyof4
Our flight just changed to arrive 12 hours later than when we booked. We will now arrive at the resort around 10pm. Does this mean that we will get whatever rejected rooms are left after everyone else has checked in? I expect the resort to be at capacity for our dates.

From what I've read, you can make a room request in advance, but what actually happens is that rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can avoid a first floor parking lot view?

Thanks!
We made a request and they said it wouldnt be a problem. We got in after 6pm and we got exactly what we asked for. Loved the place BTW...
kimski25 is offline   Reply With Quote