Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #301
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
We will be arriving on 11/11. Will the pool maintenance be done by then? Also, do the busses for WBC continue to run until midnight on Party nights? We will be going to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on 11/16. Will we be able to take a bus back or will we need to get a taxi?
Personally, I would plan on getting a taxi. It will be so much easier after a long party night not to have to wait way out in the parking lot for a bus. What a relief to just hop in a taxi and head back to the resort.

BTW, I am currently at WBC and the bus schedule for October has one extended time (12:30 a.m.) for returns into the late evening hours on weekend nights only. The other evening return times for all days from the MK are every 20 minutes from 7:00 - 11:40 p.m.

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #302
MickeyMickey
DIS Veteran

Shuttles

We were at WBC from 10/20-10/27 stayed in tower 6 and used that shuttle stop. I used the shuttles a total of 4 times, twice to the parks and twice returning. Once the shuttle was 10 minutes late but every other time it was right on time!
MickeyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #303
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc63303 View Post
Thinking of requesting the Main Building for our stay at BC for Thanksgiving week. Fire works view is not a concern. We have grand kids ages 3, 5, 8 and 9 going. We have a 1 bedroom at BC and a 3 bedroom at Reunion, there will be 9 of us in total so BC will be for lunch breaks, naps and swim breaks (Reunion does have the 5 acre water park also). Doubt anyone will be staying at nights at BC so just looking for convience and think being close to the Splash Pool and Lazy River will be good, along with close to bus stop although we'll also drive to the parks. Appreciate any info and suggestions on the Main Building or any thing else at either resort. We are new owners of BC, Ebay of course and our first visit to our "home resort".
The "main building" only has a few rooms in it, so it would be the hardest one to have any sort of guarantee of getting access too.

The bus stops are close to (between) towers 5 and 6, and the Main building and Tower 1. There are splash areas at the pools at the main building and at Tower 2/3. Lazy rivers are at the the pools at Tower 5 (with an exit near the tower 4 pool) and the Main Building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Hello,

If you we're planning on going to WBC next summer, would we be able to book a presidential room by renting from someone? Also I know that requests wouldn't be guaranteed but if someone's an owner that books a presidential room will it be guaranteed?
Thanks!
Presidential rooms are a separate room type, and cost more (points and therefore $$$ if renting) than a standard "Deluxe" room. if you book a presidential room with an owner, you will be guaranteed to be in a presidential room.

Keep in mind that Presidential rooms are the the most rare types of rooms at the resort, so you will want to book ASAP in order to try and ensure there is still availability for your dates.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #304
beth445
Earning My Ears

Here now

I checked in this morning. Got a room in tower 5, just finished watching 2 sets of fireworks. Room is great and spacious. Never stopped and got the parking pass. Our only problem was that I requested a pack and play 5 times before I actually got it at 9 pm. I asked when we checked in at noon, again at 2, then at 6, 8 and at 8:30 I went to the lobby and stood there till I had confirmation the delivery person was on her way. The customer service is definitely better at Disney but for what i paid, this is worth it so far!
beth445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #305
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth445 View Post
I checked in this morning. Got a room in tower 5, just finished watching 2 sets of fireworks. Room is great and spacious. Never stopped and got the parking pass. Our only problem was that I requested a pack and play 5 times before I actually got it at 9 pm. I asked when we checked in at noon, again at 2, then at 6, 8 and at 8:30 I went to the lobby and stood there till I had confirmation the delivery person was on her way. The customer service is definitely better at Disney but for what i paid, this is worth it so far!
I agree about the customer service. We needed the bell services to pick up our Bin for the Pay it Forward and take it to the next participant. They told us they would be there in 15 mins, but never showed up. We had to call back and they finally came at some point. I had to call the front desk a couple of times on other things (one being when we had no water in the showers or sinks of the condo) and it took them forever to answer the phone. I had to hang up and call back numerous times because they wouldnt answer...and I tried different extensions. My husband was about to trek over to the main building when they finally answered.
But we still had a great stay and would stay again. BC could take a few lessons from WDW on customer service, though!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #306
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth445 View Post

Hey Beth, did you get the stroller? I didn't really have a lot of faith with the bellman, but hopefully there was no issues. It was left with the box for it, and it's black and green (I believe) and it was awesome for our tired girl. If you have any problems, ask to talk to Mo, as he's the supervisor of all the bell staff, and he was awesome in tracking it down for us when another bellman couldn't find it.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #307
southbound
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our 15 night stay at Bonnet Creek, and I can't say enough good things about the place. We couldn't find the stroller left for us at first, but Mo (supervisor of the bell staff) tracked it down for me, and was super nice! The woman who checked us in was awesome as well, and parking pass was no problem. However, I agree with a number of people on here that the pass is totally NOT needed and if you want, skip that desk and head to your room. Nobody asked for it, nobody checked it, and you only need your room key to access the gate!

Our room was fantastic! Asked for a fireworks view with high floor and we got exactly that! Room 1474 in tower 4 (deluxe 2 bedroom) was awesome! We sat on the balcony many nights and watched the fireworks with our daughter. We had a new sofa in the unit, and as someone else commented, it's not leather and a bit firm, but it worked well for us, and better than an ugly old peeling one.

Here's my take on the resort etc... First off, I hated the toiletries they provide, as they smell of artificial pine, and that smell gives me headaches and it's just not that nice. So, I definitely bought our own hand soap etc... We switched the ice maker on right away so that we'd have ice for the cooler for our pool days without having to go fetch it from the machine. There was also a plastic jug in the fridge that we kept filled with ice, so we could keep making more. We also turned the fridge down so it would be colder for our drinks, as we didn't do any cooking while there, and we like our beer/pop/water very cold. There is nothing other than very large blue cups and that jug that isn't glass or ceramic, so anybody with kids might want to bring some plastic cups or bowls etc... I was always nervous my 5 year old would smash a glass or something. The blender was used a lot as I would make us smoothies in the morning to get us through until we could get some proper food into us. I put the fruit, yogurt, and juice in the blender at night, and left it in the fridge to thaw a bit so we could blend them easily in the morning. It takes quite a bit of time to blend them frozen, so it worked great that way. The dryer only took a long time if I had a big load in it, and mostly I did small loads, so it wasn't so bad! That was a great thing to have, and I ended up bringing a lot less clothing because of it. The only thing we ran out of was green recycle bags cause we drank so much! LOL But made do with other bags for our empties. We have always recycled our bottles/cans in Canada for as long as I can remember, so it was nice to be able to do the same down there and they provide the recycle bin in the trash chute room. I don't know if they'd charge for extra stuff, but the sign in the room says that if you need more, they will provide it for a cost. In our unit, there were 2 hair dryers, which was nice, but we didn't need both, as there was just the 3 of us. And while the jacuzzi tub was nice and I used it most nights, the water is NOT hot enough and I had to boil water for it... though a bit of a pain, it was worth it for me. That's the only time I used the stove.

Being in building 4 was the best for us. It was super easy to get in and out of the resort from, there is a garage right there, so we parked in it every night cause it was too damn hot not to. We almost always got ground floor parking, except when we came back from MNSSHP really late. Also, we were able to sit and relax around the pool and watch our daughter swim without her ever being out of view, so that was the only pool we went to.

When you are leaving the resort by car, and you want to turn right onto Lake Buena Vista, please note there is no YIELD sign, but it is definitely a YIELD!!! We noticed a number of people that didn't stop, and luckily for them nothing happened, but I think they need to get a sign up there cause that traffic can be moving fast to get into the lane for the I-4. Downtown Disney was always super, super busy and we mostly avoided it cause it wasn't worth the aggravation of parking and battling the crowds. I do recommend for those that can, to park near Planet Hollywood or further west because there's lots more parking there. We also learned very quickly to avoid Lake Buena Vista Drive altogether near supper time and to take the I-4 instead, as it's super easy and fast to get to the Crossroads area that way. We sat in traffic for a looong time trying to get through the lights, and finally found the alternate route.

My husband and daughter LOVE seafood (I do not) and their favourite place to eat was Joe's Crab Shack! The chicken fingers were pretty good too, but they loved the crab, lobster, and shrimp so much, we had to go back! Steak n Shake was super cheap and quite good for burgers n fries. It's half price drinks between 2-4 btw. The Outback was great on International Drive, but traffic is bad at dinner time! IHOP was good too, but way too busy on the weekends, so we avoided that during peak breakfast hours. Chevy's Fresh Mex was a hit for us, and the people there super nice, and the food so fresh and delicious. Although not traditional Mexican fare, it was a good experience... but don't tell your server you like it hot, cause man oh man, did they ever spice it up... maybe a bit too much! LOL The fresh chips and salsa they start you off with was very good too. And though I didn't have one, the margaritas looked good! Black Angus was just average for us, and I did not like the fact they added 18% gratuity for 3 people eating. I know a lot of places add it on parties of 8 or more, but we were just 3 people who didn't require a lot of service. And of course, who's going to ask to change it, even if the server isn't that great. I also believe that if it's added automatically, the servers feel they don't have to work as hard for their tip. T-Rex was good, but very loud and dark and some smaller children did not like it! Planet Hollywood was great at lunch, the food pretty good, but we did not enjoy our Sunday night meal there... They bring in a DJ and the music was so loud it hurt my ears and we couldn't even hold a conversation because of it. We asked them about it and they said people love it! I don't buy that... at least not families, which was the bulk of the clientele in there.

I would definitely stay at WBC again, and only have good things to say about the resort and the people we encountered. Hope everyone staying there has as much fun as we did.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #308
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
When you are leaving the resort by car, and you want to turn right onto Lake Buena Vista, please note there is no YIELD sign, but it is definitely a YIELD!!! We noticed a number of people that didn't stop, and luckily for them nothing happened, but I think they need to get a sign up there cause that traffic can be moving fast to get into the lane for the I-4. Downtown Disney was always super, super busy and we mostly avoided it cause it wasn't worth the aggravation of parking and battling the crowds. I do recommend for those that can, to park near Planet Hollywood or further west because there's lots more parking there. We also learned very quickly to avoid Lake Buena Vista Drive altogether near supper time and to take the I-4 instead, as it's super easy and fast to get to the Crossroads area that way. We sat in traffic for a looong time trying to get through the lights, and finally found the alternate route.
Just to note, There is no Yield sign because there is a traffic light. Because of the angle of the road/turn, it may be that people didn't see it (weren't paying attention), but it's definitely there above the turn.

EDIT: Here's the Google Street View showing the traffic light. http://goo.gl/maps/wHSOO
Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #309
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Just to note, There is no Yield sign because there is a traffic light. Because of the angle of the road/turn, it may be that people didn't see it (weren't paying attention), but it's definitely there above the turn.

EDIT: Here's the Google Street View showing the traffic light. http://goo.gl/maps/wHSOO

We looked for any kind of yield sign, and couldn't see one. Also checked on google maps to see it, but again, could not see one. There is definitely a traffic light for those going straight or turning left out of Chelonia Parkway, but if you could show us where the yield sign is for those turning right, I'd be grateful to see it. Never saw the light either for turning right, as it shows on google maps, so that must be gone as well.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #310
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We looked for any kind of yield sign, and couldn't see one. Also checked on google maps to see it, but again, could not see one. There is definitely a traffic light for those going straight or turning left out of Chelonia Parkway, but if you could show us where the yield sign is for those turning right, I'd be grateful to see it. Never saw the light either for turning right, as it shows on google maps, so that must be gone as well.

Just to clarify, we never saw a light, and everyone else ahead of us didn't either. It's in a really weird spot, and we must have ran the red light a lot! LOL Good thing we never got a ticket! Thanks for the info!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #311
DCTooTall

Quote:
Quote:
Just to clarify, we never saw a light, and everyone else ahead of us didn't either. It's in a really weird spot, and we must have ran the red light a lot! LOL Good thing we never got a ticket! Thanks for the info!
I'll conceed that the light can be hidden during the approach. Because of the angle of the turn, You really don't see the light until you are almost on it. It also can appear almost overhead instead of on the opposite side of the road like most lights when you are stopped at it.

But, I'm pretty certain the light is still there as of my trip [just before yours]. (I won't say 100% certain since I can't recall specifically that I remember being stopped at the light since I've been there often enough I know about it, and then often treat it as a right-on-red situation when coming around the bend.)
Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #312
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me specifically where the gym is for WBC? I'm pretty sure it was in building six, but can't remember for sure. What about the new hotel? Do you get access to that one?
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #313
MickeyMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
Can anyone tell me specifically where the gym is for WBC? I'm pretty sure it was in building six, but can't remember for sure. What about the new hotel? Do you get access to that one?
I used the one in building 6 and the one in the hotel, we were staying in building 6. The hotel gym was locked from the inside of the hotel, but the door from the pool area outside into the gym was always unlocked. I was a bit disappointed in both gyms but they were ok. Also enjoyed running the path around the lake. Not sure if there is another gym besides tower 6 or not, we didn't venture from tower 6 and the hote during our stay.
MickeyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #314
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
There are 2 with the resort: 1 in the main bldg and the other in Tower 6. Both are very small with limited selection of weights, machines, etc. Plus, the equipment and room were pretty filthy from what I can ascertain. After my 1st day, I ended up going to the hotel gym, which is wonderful. It's large, has about 20 cardio machines and about 15 weight machines and plenty of free weights, Swiss balls, yoga mats, etc. Plus, it's clean and very well maintained. You can enter it from either the hotel (inside) or from the pool area, which is probably more convenient if you're staying at the resort. Technically, the hotel gym is reserved for the hotel guests, but the most I've seen were 3 other folks in there and no one ever asked me as to my hotel v. resort status. If you're a big workout buff like me, I strongly recommend going over to the hotel. You won't be disappointed.

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

aseyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #315
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

I had posted this on Bonnet Creek #2 thread not knowing there's a #3 already, so I thought I'd repost to see if anyone has any questions ...

Hi all!

Our family of 3 just returned from a 7-nt/8-day stay at WBC and here's our assessment:

1. Check-in: I did everything by the book ... mentioned we wanted a high floor, lake or fireworks view and no poolview at booking, 2 weeks out and upon arrival. We checked in at 2:00 on Sat., 10/20. At 3:30, we received a call letting us know that our room on the 1st floor, poolview room was ready. I begged for a high floor and was told that if we were willing to wait, we should be able to get a higher floor. They'll call when it's ready. We waited and waited and finally decided to leave and grab dinner. By 7:00, I decided to call and was told that our room, in fact, is ready. (Nobody bothered to call and let us know.) We drove back around 7:30 and was told that, after a 5-hr wait, we got a 1st-floor, poolview room. (No joke) As you can imagine, we were seriously irate at this point. After some heated discussions, we were finally given a 5th floor room with parking lot view. They really went out of their way. This doesn't include the fact that there was a HUGE line at checkin, a line at the parking pass/timeshare desk, a line each time we went to check on our room status and when we finally were given a room. The whole process was inefficient and NOT customer-focused. IMO, the first rep lied when he told us that if we waited, we would get a high floor. 5th floor, IMO, doesn't exactly constitute a high floor. We did check lowest income & no home ownership, and nobody ever called us. I'm wondering if that's why they didn't give us our requested room locale??

Once the whole check-in fiasco was over, everything else fell nicely into place ...

2. Room: We rented a 2-BR Deluxe (Tower 4, #568). While the location and view were pretty lame, the room itself was wonderful. While it was NOT renovated, it didn't have the appearance of being old/rundown. It was roomy, tastefully-decorated, comfortable and clean. There were no holes in the couches nor chipped bath tiles. The kitchen and baths were very well-equipped, and everything functioned exactly as described. Plus, it was fairly well insulated from outside noise. Note - The a/c when it kicks on is SERIOUSLY loud. It's a big "boom!" each time. We eventually got used to it. If you close your door, it really isn't too bad. We did have to override the a/c daily.

3. Restaurants: Aside from a couple of poolbars, there wasn't any other dining choices unless you went over to the hotel. Tesoro Cove was closed, so we dined at Deep Blue. Good food, excellent service but EXTREMELY pricey. We had reservations at 5 character meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) + dined at 4 upscaled theme park restaurants, and the only meal that was slightly more expensive was at Cinderella's Castle if that tells you anything. Unless you like bar food or paying dearly for your meal, I strongly suggest going offsite, cook in or splurge at the parks - they are still cheaper.

4. Pools & hot tubs: They were all nicely heated and clean. Never had problem finding an open lounger. Note - the pirate slide at Tower 5/6 has a 48" ht requirement, which really disappointed our 5-yo son who can swim 2 olympic laps without stopping. Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed the swims. Be sure to get your towels from Main Bldg or Bldg 6 before you head to the pools; otherwise, you will find yourself walking a LOT to get from 1 place to another.

5. Fitness center: I worked out at the main bldg fitness center once. Never again. It's the size of a closet with a few cardio machines, a nautilus machine and 1 set of multi-weight free weights. Plus, it was very poorly ventilated (even at 6 am). I ended up going to the wonderful hotel fitness center for the remainder of our stay. 2 thumbs up!!

6. Driving around: I was most worried about this b/c the parks just seemed so intimidating. It was a piece of cake. Wouldn't have it any other way. Easy, quick & flexible. Never used the buses once.

7. Misc: We did order our groceries from Garden Grocer. Highly recommend!! They did a great job of selection (no bruised bananas, rotting fruit, dinted cans, etc.). They were prompt and delivered our goodies to the WBC cold storage. Getting the bellmen to bring them to our room was another story. Took 3 tries and finally got it right. No biggy. BTW - we hated the dangling parking pass, so we took it down. They NEVER stopped us, so you can just by-pass the whole car pass/timeshare desk if you want.

Final summary: Would we stay there again? Yes. Despite the whole initial check-in fiasco, we did enjoy our stay at WBC. It is a lovely resort with clean, roomy and well-equipped suites. The location and price can't be beat. Took us approx 5-10 minutes to get to/from each park. Great for those with little ones who need a mid-day nap.

One other add ... We booked our stay through Vacation Strategy. They are the ONLY company that was able to quote a presidential suite more than 6 months out AND be able to provide the lowest cost of any organization because of their Presidential Reserve / Platinum Reserve status. I emailed them regarding my check-in experience and received a call from their Director of Business Development who apologized profusely for my experience and assured me he would personally help me with future reservations/checkins. I strongly recommend VS as they are customer-focused, responsive, has a great cancellation policy and can offer the best price on Wyndham Bonnet Creek units.

BTW - we just rebooked @ WBC through VS for late April stay through. The toughest part will be the wait ... again.

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

aseyrick is offline   Reply With Quote