Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #271
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

We just returned last night from a wonderful stay at Bonnet Creek. We were in Tower 4, room 877. I had requested Tower 5, higher floor, lake view. We checked in early in the morning (about 9:30) on the 20th. The only thing available then was a first floor room. We opted to wait until later in the day for a higher floor room. They called about 3:30 saying our room was ready in tower 4. Nothing available in tower 5. It ended up being a great tower for us. DD liked the lazy river better than the Pirate pool and the lazy river was nice and close.
The room was very clean, new sofa and great sofa bed. Dmom slept out on it and said it was great (and she has neck and back problems). We had to override the ac as discussed and the main room stayed very cold, but the second bedroom stayed very warm.
The parking pass went fairly smoothly. The girl didnt push too much, but gave us a long speil about everything they offered there and I was just wanting to get to the parks. We listened patiently, and about 10 mins later we were on our way to the AK! Never got a phone call or knock on the door from the Time Share agents.
We did have a problem with our water one day. DD and I took showers in the master bath, and then when DH went to get in there was no water at all. Also, the washer had been running and now there was no water for the rinse cycle and no water in second shower either. Sinks had a small trickle. We contacted front desk (which took them forever to answer) and left for the day. When we came back, there had been a pipe to bust outside of the trash shute door (carpets were very wet) but our water was working again...thank goodness. I was afraid we would have to move rooms
Parking was fairly decent. DH tried to take our van (with car top carrier) into the parking garage on the night after the MNSSHP at about 1:30am. He forgot that the car top carrier was on and peeled it off the van and broke it!!!! We had to buy bungee cords to be able to make it home with it and bungeed the top on....GOOD GRIEF!
The shuttle was not my thing. I only used it once as DH and DD13 went on to DHS to take their YES class and DD5 and I came a bit later. It took forever and was decently crowded. The bus driver was not very friendly. Definately not your Disney Bus! We drove everywhere else, but that is the one thing I missed about on property...the convience of the constantly moving Disney busses. The BC bus schedule seemed to be a few busses in the am, then some in the pm.
We would definately stay here again. It is so close to everything and still on WDW roadways. Once we went off to eat or go to the grocery it was a traffic nightmare. The Disney roadways are so much more flowy and easy to navigate. I would hate to stay outside the gates, but BC is just perfect for a lot more space and still on property!
If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer them!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #272
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Just checked Southwest website- It looks like they have canceled flights for Monday and Tuesday out of Providence. I'm supposed to leave on Weds morning (11:30) keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise have to plan something for the spring. Stupid hurricane!!!!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #273
auchs8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Just checked Southwest website- It looks like they have canceled flights for Monday and Tuesday out of Providence. I'm supposed to leave on Weds morning (11:30) keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise have to plan something for the spring. Stupid hurricane!!!!!!!!!
I'm in a similar situation. We leave on Wednesday as well, but are travelling on the auto train. Finger are crossed for us both.

I have issues with travelling and hurricanes. My wife and I got stuck in Italy last year because of Irene. That was our last vacation.
Thanksgiving 1993 - CBR
November 2003 - ASM
December 2005 - ASM
December 2007 - PCR
November 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
auchs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #274
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

For those there now, what kind of activities do they have for Halloween. We're hoping to be there this time next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #275
gonedisneycrazy
Earning My Ears

I saw your location was cowtown. If it is where I think it is (NJ) that is funny. I am from the same area and when I meet people that ask about cowtown, it is because they love the flea market, rodeo, or are from that area.
Just curious and I understand if you don't want to tell me.
gonedisneycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #276
gonedisneycrazy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
Hello fellow dis'ers. We are leaving extremely early and have a few perishables and some beer to give away. If you are here at WBC now and pm me in the next couple of hours, I will be happy to give you what we have. Thanks!

I noticed your location said cowtown. If that is the one I think it is in NJ, I grew up around there.
gonedisneycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #277
grodgers49
Mouseketeer

Cost

I have noticed that no one says anything about the rental costs of this property. Are we not suppose to ask/tell? Forgive me if I am out of line.

1974 - off site
1989 - Disneyland
1995 - Dixie Landings
2003 - PO Riverside
2004 - PO FQ
2005 - POFQ & AKL
2009 - Old Key West
2011 - Disneyland
2012 - PO FQ
2013 - Coronado Springs
grodgers49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #278
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodgers49 View Post
I have noticed that no one says anything about the rental costs of this property. Are we not suppose to ask/tell? Forgive me if I am out of line.
No, there are lots of posts about costs, but the key is to shop around. There are a lot of variables, such as booking early, room size, time of year, etc.

A great place to start is by looking at the completed listings for Bonnet Creek on ebay or contacting a few of the power-renters you see listed on here.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #279
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
I have posted many times about our rental rates. We paid $837 for a 2 BR deluxe for the week of Oct 20-27 and booked through Vacation Strategy
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #280
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I have posted many times about our rental rates. We paid $837 for a 2 BR deluxe for the week of Oct 20-27 and booked through Vacation Strategy
Just curious, did you book pretty far out? Or was it within 60 days so you got a better deal? We don't know our exact dates ~ but have an idea. Obviously I'd like to get the best deal, but don't want the resort to get booked either. Just not sure when I need to book

Also, for anyone ~ we want to stay longer than a week. Is it harder to get a place for 10 days (I'm not familiar with WBC, but it seems like a lot of condos do week long bookings).
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #281
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
For those there now, what kind of activities do they have for Halloween. We're hoping to be there this time next year.
They were doing Trick or Treating both Saturday night (we wanted to do it with DS but it was the only night we were able to see MSEP & Wishes so we missed it) and Halloween night. I didn't pay too much attention to the other Halloween activities, but I think they had your typical stuff...face painting, games, etc.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #282
auchs8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Just curious, did you book pretty far out? Or was it within 60 days so you got a better deal? We don't know our exact dates ~ but have an idea. Obviously I'd like to get the best deal, but don't want the resort to get booked either. Just not sure when I need to book

Also, for anyone ~ we want to stay longer than a week. Is it harder to get a place for 10 days (I'm not familiar with WBC, but it seems like a lot of condos do week long bookings).
If you want to book for more than a week, and most of the bookings are Saturday-Saturday...then I would suggest booking now. I used Vacationupgrades.com. They checked for a lower price at the 60 day point, but because I am spanning two rental periods (Thurs - Thurs), there was no savings. Also, it is harder to get anything other than the 2 bedroom because of spanning two rental periods.
Thanksgiving 1993 - CBR
November 2003 - ASM
December 2005 - ASM
December 2007 - PCR
November 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
auchs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #283
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auchs8 View Post
If you want to book for more than a week, and most of the bookings are Saturday-Saturday...then I would suggest booking now. I used Vacationupgrades.com. They checked for a lower price at the 60 day point, but because I am spanning two rental periods (Thurs - Thurs), there was no savings. Also, it is harder to get anything other than the 2 bedroom because of spanning two rental periods.
Thanks for your reply! We would only need a 2 bedroom. We don't have exact dates, but our trip will not be until at least the end of May/first of June 2014. I *think* I read that the earliest I can book is 13 months in advanced...is that right? I'm pretty sure by then, we would know our dates.
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #284
Minniedap
Mouseketeer

auprincess, We used vacationupgrades and booked 11 nights the early part of this past June. We booked it in Nov. of 2011 and at the 60 day point they were able to get us a reduced rate. We had a wonderful stay and are booked again for next year.
Minniedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #285
canadiens900
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Your not really allowed posting prices and so on, i was temp banned 1 week last time i mentioned it... Be careful