Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #256
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I just got back from my first trip since last November. I didn't notice any major changes at the resort. There appears to have been some minor changes in the pool towel checkout policy/procedure (can't get them at every pool now, only the activities desks at Tower 6 and the main building), and the Shuttle Bus Stop has moved from the Main Building to the bus shelter between Tower 1 and the Main building.

Currently there is a renovation of the Main pool area going on. I posted some pictures of the work a couple days ago.

Since Last year, Towers 1-3 have been refurbed. Towers 4 and 5 have been getting the leather couches, which did not stand up well in the resort environment, replaced as they are able to get shipments in of the new couches (rumored supply issues). The Couches in most need of replacement were replaced first and they've been working their way thru the rest of the towers.
Thank you DCTooTall
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #257
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
I'm in Tower 4 right now sitting on one of the new couches!

I talked with Henry, the Building 4 maintenance supervisor, upon our arrival (he was in our unit fixing the oven burners as we arrived). We discussed the override of the A/C (he even did it for me). He set it on 70 first and it has been freezing in our room. I think we are right about at the 24 hour period (the end of the override setting) right about now so it should be resetting. I'm going to be overriding it at a higher temperature the next time.

Henry also told me that Tower 4 is up next for renovation as soon as Tower 3 is finished. There is some wear in the carpet, etc., but nothing that is bad at all.

This is my first visit to WBC. It is absolutely beautiful and I am so glad that we chose it!
Thanks for your reply am12pm. Are the new couches leather too?
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #258
Small1029
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me if the 2 bdrm deluxe rooms have bedspreads or the duvet covers? I don't ever sleep with the bedspreads or blankets at hotels and am wondering about the bedding so I know whether I should take my own blankets. We leave next Wednesday!!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #259
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small1029
Can anyone tell me if the 2 bdrm deluxe rooms have bedspreads or the duvet covers? I don't ever sleep with the bedspreads or blankets at hotels and am wondering about the bedding so I know whether I should take my own blankets. We leave next Wednesday!!!!!
Duvet covers, nice new white ones -ours had anyway!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #260
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds

Thanks for your reply am12pm. Are the new couches leather too?
No, the new couches are a commercial grade fabric in a light to medium blue. It is on the firm side when sitting on the cushions.

We haven't needed to pull it out for anyone to sleep on it. So I'm not sure about the comfort of the mattress.

BTW, our mattress in the master is not horrible but it has seen better days. The Tower 4 renovation will be just in time.

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #261
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator
we booked through vacation upgrades, how do you put a request in?

are pack and plays available?
thanks, we check in on Saturday....can't wait (we've been before!!)
Yes there are pack & plays and high chairs available! On this trip and our November trip last year we never had a problem getting these items.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 10-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #262
auprincess
DIS Veteran

My next trip is not for quite sometime (2014 ~ more than likely end of May through first few days of June). By that time, we will be an official Disney family of 5, since baby A will be 3. We have always stayed on-site, but are really considering staying off-site for the next trip. After researching, I think we will go with WBC, especially since we drive and will have our own car.

My question is about who we should book through. I'm sorry, I know several have already been mentioned ~ I've started looking at VAcation Strategies and Vacation Upgrades. ONe of them (I think VS), didn't have rates listed, I would have to submit some info and then they get back with me. Can anyone give me an idea of what the cost is per night? My other question is about Vacation Upgrades ~ I believe it was $180 a night, and then if there is availability, it will be lowered ($120?). If we use them, should we book as soon as we know our dates or wait until we are within 60 days?
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 10-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #263
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Hoping to leave out of Providence on Weds morning, depending on what Sandy wants to do!!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #264
beth445
Earning My Ears

Sandy.

We are also scheduled for Wednesday morning out of Philly. Let's hope we all get there. Sooooo excited
Old 10-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #265
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Hoping to leave out of Providence on Weds morning, depending on what Sandy wants to do!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth445 View Post
We are also scheduled for Wednesday morning out of Philly. Let's hope we all get there. Sooooo excited
I hope you both are able to get out and be able to enjoy your time at Disney.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #266
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

I wish I were already there- went through hurricane Irene last year and the "freak" snow storm last October for Halloween!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #267
southbound
Mouseketeer

Free Stuff

Hello fellow dis'ers. We are leaving extremely early and have a few perishables and some beer to give away. If you are here at WBC now and pm me in the next couple of hours, I will be happy to give you what we have. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #268
southbound
Mouseketeer

We found someone to take the stuff! Have a great night!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #269
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm

No, the new couches are a commercial grade fabric in a light to medium blue. It is on the firm side when sitting on the cushions.

We haven't needed to pull it out for anyone to sleep on it. So I'm not sure about the comfort of the mattress.

BTW, our mattress in the master is not horrible but it has seen better days. The Tower 4 renovation will be just in time.
Our couch in tower 3 was a green color fabric. We used the pull out and it was suprising very comfy for a pull out. The matresses in the bedrooms were new. Comfy:-) tag said - beautyrest.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #270
IrishKEF68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
My next trip is not for quite sometime (2014 ~ more than likely end of May through first few days of June). By that time, we will be an official Disney family of 5, since baby A will be 3. We have always stayed on-site, but are really considering staying off-site for the next trip. After researching, I think we will go with WBC, especially since we drive and will have our own car.

My question is about who we should book through. I'm sorry, I know several have already been mentioned ~ I've started looking at VAcation Strategies and Vacation Upgrades. ONe of them (I think VS), didn't have rates listed, I would have to submit some info and then they get back with me. Can anyone give me an idea of what the cost is per night? My other question is about Vacation Upgrades ~ I believe it was $180 a night, and then if there is availability, it will be lowered ($120?). If we use them, should we book as soon as we know our dates or wait until we are within 60 days?
We used VS and had a great experience~
Closed Thread