Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #241
IrishKEF68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
That was a great, informative review. Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your trip. Is the orange pass (parking garage) given to you at check-in? Is it the same as your room key?

I know I shouldn't let something like a rude parking pass lady ruin my day, but I am pretty sure that is exactly what would happen. I spend so much time planning trips that the actual travel day can be the most stressful for me. I just want everything to go well. The first full day of the trip I calm down and am in vacation mode. But staying at Bonnet Creek is the most "unknown" of this trip and where all my anxiety is focused. I think I will avoid the parking desk if possible.
Hi there~ Yes we rec'd three blue room cards and two orange cards for the garage. Now that I think of it had we just used the garage there isn't any way in other than the card so it's doubtful they will haul a tow truck in there Have a wonderful trip~
IrishKEF68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #242
IrishKEF68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
who do i call to put in a room request? and what should i request?

I called 407-238-3500 and spoke with a very nice lady named Jillian, I asked for tower 6 and she suggested going with a request for a high floor. We were given tower 6 but level 1 and that worked out very well for us, with groceries and easy access to the room it was great.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #243
IrishKEF68
Earning My Ears

I am trying to re-read some posts and see if there is any input I can offer...
we never saw an outdoor towel area, we retrieved ours at the activity desk in our tower.

Another post I recall seeing was with regards to access to the hotel pool etc. we had full access to their pool which was by far quieter than the pool at our tower, due to the water slide. One night we sat by the gas firepit in some nice cushiony chairs after a long day in the pool, it felt great!

Our wi-fi wasn't strong unless you were sitting at the dining room table or in the second bedroom.

We used the guest computer room to check in and print our boarding passes for free.

Someone on Trip Advisor had stated that the key cards were required to access every area of the resort, we never once had to use ours to get anywhere other than our room and once or twice to get through the gate. The doors to the towers from the pool area were never locked and access to and from the hotel were always open.

The one tip I listed in my review was the decision to bring a collapsible cooler, we put the ice maker on when we arrived and always had a full bin of ice. We used the cooler for snacks/ and adult beverages, the pools in the resort didn't have any signs about outside beverages but the hotel pool did, yet we saw most people using coolers out there too.

It's hard to remember all the good things about the resort so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask away We cannot wait to go back, even more excited now that I know we can walk right by the "parking pass" desk. Have a great day everyone~
Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #244
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishKEF68 View Post
Hi there~ Yes we rec'd three blue room cards and two orange cards for the garage. Now that I think of it had we just used the garage there isn't any way in other than the card so it's doubtful they will haul a tow truck in there Have a wonderful trip~
Ah! Those are just extra room keys. The Resort has 2 colors of room keys (I think... they may have more). The Blue and Orange cards are coded the same and come out of the same stack at the checkin desks.

Either color card can be used for both your room (and tower access), as well as the gates into the property (Either the Garage around back or the gate at the front security shack)
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #245
luckychance
Earning My Ears

To get into the garage at tower 6 we had to use the orange key, the blue ones didn't work, and the orange ones didn't work for our room. If you try to leave the garage without your orange key then you can get charged for parking.
luckychance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #246
Swizzle
I ❤ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimski25 View Post
We have a firework/lakeview and the counters are granite and the rugs are brand new. Matresses are new and it looks beautiful! Ill post pictures soon!
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see pictures (maybe one of the room updates too if it's no trouble). I think "seeing" these things will calm my concerns. I appreciate it!

1987: Magic Music Days, off-site
1995: Honeymoon, Dixie Landings
1997: Shades of Green
2003, 2006, 2007, 2009: off-site
2010: Disney's HHI Resort
2011: Polynesian
2012: SOG/The Fountains (March), The Fountains (June)
2013: The Fountains (March), WBC (June)
Swizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #247
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

We are planning to book our next stay, but haven't been to WBC in over a year.
  1. What changes if any are there?
  2. Are there any rennovations going on?
  3. Room re-vamps? (saw something about couches being replaced)
Otherwise we're excited about staying here again.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #248
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

We will be there in a couple weeks! Does anyone know if the pool renovations will be completed by 11/11?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #249
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
I just got back from my first trip since last November. I didn't notice any major changes at the resort. There appears to have been some minor changes in the pool towel checkout policy/procedure (can't get them at every pool now, only the activities desks at Tower 6 and the main building), and the Shuttle Bus Stop has moved from the Main Building to the bus shelter between Tower 1 and the Main building.

Currently there is a renovation of the Main pool area going on. I posted some pictures of the work a couple days ago.

Since Last year, Towers 1-3 have been refurbed. Towers 4 and 5 have been getting the leather couches, which did not stand up well in the resort environment, replaced as they are able to get shipments in of the new couches (rumored supply issues). The Couches in most need of replacement were replaced first and they've been working their way thru the rest of the towers.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #250
tinkerbell181
Mouseketeer

4 Bedroom Presidential Reserve

Our vacation to Wyndham Bonnet Creek is coming up soon! We got our final payment notice today from Vacation Strategy and it indicated that our suite is 'presidential reserve'. Does anyone know the difference between presidential and presidential reserve? Or maybe it is the same thing. Just curious.
Also, I understand that the 4 bdrms are mainly in tower 6 - is it the top 4 floors (just guessing by looking at the pictures of the buildings)?
Silly questions, I know.
Thank you in advance to any insight!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #251
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell181 View Post
Our vacation to Wyndham Bonnet Creek is coming up soon! We got our final payment notice today from Vacation Strategy and it indicated that our suite is 'presidential reserve'. Does anyone know the difference between presidential and presidential reserve? Or maybe it is the same thing. Just curious.
Also, I understand that the 4 bdrms are mainly in tower 6 - is it the top 4 floors (just guessing by looking at the pictures of the buildings)?
Silly questions, I know.
Thank you in advance to any insight!
Presidential Reserve units are units that are part of the Wyndham "Presidential Reserve" program. These units are deeded differently than regular units, and the inventory is handled differently in order to help maintain availability for those within the Presidential Reserve program. The Furnishings and amenities however should be identical to a regular Presidential Unit.

For those renting, and in the case of this particular resort, The only thing that really matters is that all the Presidential Reserve units are located on the top few floors of Tower 6. I'm not entirely sure of the actual breakdown, but Tower 6 rooms are laid out in this fashion:

Floor 1-9 = Regular "Deluxe" style units
Floor 10-15 = "Presidential" style Units in regular inventory
Floor 16-18 = "Presidential" Style units in the Presidential Reserve Inventory
Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #252
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
I'm in Tower 4 right now sitting on one of the new couches!

I talked with Henry, the Building 4 maintenance supervisor, upon our arrival (he was in our unit fixing the oven burners as we arrived). We discussed the override of the A/C (he even did it for me). He set it on 70 first and it has been freezing in our room. I think we are right about at the 24 hour period (the end of the override setting) right about now so it should be resetting. I'm going to be overriding it at a higher temperature the next time.

Henry also told me that Tower 4 is up next for renovation as soon as Tower 3 is finished. There is some wear in the carpet, etc., but nothing that is bad at all.

This is my first visit to WBC. It is absolutely beautiful and I am so glad that we chose it!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #253
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimski25 View Post
We have a firework/lakeview and the counters are granite and the rugs are brand new. Matresses are new and it looks beautiful! Ill post pictures soon!
what tower?
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #254
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator

what tower?
Tower 3 7th floor even numbers:-):-) place is beautiful. Give me your email and Ill send you picts
kimski25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #255
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzle

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see pictures (maybe one of the room updates too if it's no trouble). I think "seeing" these things will calm my concerns. I appreciate it!
I dont know how to post picts..send me your email and Ill send you picts:-) Im on my tablet and it may not let me...
kimski25 is offline   Reply With Quote