Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #226
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

we booked through vacation upgrades, how do you put a request in?

are pack and plays available?
thanks, we check in on Saturday....can't wait (we've been before!!)
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #227
Swizzle
I ❤ WDW

Tower 3 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimski25 View Post
We are here now, tower 3 7th floor. The room is renovated and smells brand new. We didnt even get a parking pass. When hubby checked in, nobody said a word about it so he didnt even get one. We will see how the week goes without it. Loving this place already. Went to pirate pool and DJ was there. Loved it:-) Having a blast!

Do you have a lake/firework view? If so, how is it? What was updated in the recent refurb? I believe furniture and carpet were slated, but what about countertops/appliances, bedding, etc.

1987: Magic Music Days, off-site
1995: Honeymoon, Dixie Landings
1997: Shades of Green
2003, 2006, 2007, 2009: off-site
2010: Disney's HHI Resort
2011: Polynesian
2012: SOG/The Fountains (March), The Fountains (June)
2013: The Fountains (March), WBC (June)

Last edited by Swizzle; 10-22-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Include quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #228
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know where the 3 bedroom deluxe units are? We'd ideally like a high floor with fireworks view away from the elevators. Our DDs are 2 and 4. What building should we request?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #229
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

I'm finally back from my 1.5week trip, and catching up on the DIS.

Wifi is available throughout the resort. The QUALITY of the Wifi however, from my experience, can sometimes leave something to be desired. The wired connected still exists however so no complaints there.

I got some pictures of the Main Pool refurb work per a request here earlier.

From the looks of it, They are doing work resurfacing the areas around the pools, and also redoing the tile/stone work around the pool/hot tub edges. The area should look nice when they are done.

Now to get to some question answers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
We are going to WDW next month. I asked 2 people for quotes at WBC and both said nothing available....yet one of them on her web page showed availability in lastminute deals....however it was split. We are planning on going Friday to Tuesday and the availability showed was the week before through Saturday then another availability starting the Saturday of our trip for a week. Is our friday arrival messing up the ability to stay? We have stayed 4 previous times and I haven't ever arrived on a saturday.

Oh and there is also availability through Hotwire or Expedia at twice the race we usually pay, so just wondering.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Julie
You could ask the owner who listed 2 different reservations on their website if they'd be willing to pull the dates you wanted out of them. There's no guarantee they'll be willing to do that however. It sounds like availability at the resort is non-existant, but that the particular owner already has 2 reservations they made on the assumption they'd be able to rent them. The issue however is that while they hold reservations that would cover your dates, they may not want to cannibalize the 2 full weeks they have to rent for a single cross week stay that would leave them with time they wouldn't be able to rent out. The resort itself runs their weeks as either friday-friday, saturday-saturday, or sunday-sunday. The Friday arrival generally wouldn't cause much trouble, but with the late start in trying to find a reservation it becomes much more difficult to find exactly what you are looking for around all the existing reservations at the resort.

The Expedia/Hotwire available you are seeing are coming from the Inventory Wyndham owns/uses for their retail nightly rentals. Wyndham's direct rates are MUCH MUCH more expensive than what you can get thru an owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
As a previous poster noted regarding the elevators. That too is one thing I was HIGHLY impressed with was the speed of the elevators never really ever having to wait on one. I have never had this type an experience at any other place or building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis4 View Post
We commented on this during our stay as well. Those were some speedy elevators!
I too have always been impressed with the elevator speed at the resort. For an example, I've noticed that out of the elevators at Tower 5 when I arrived back LATE at night that there was always 1 elevator parked at the ground floor, one at the top floor, and the other 2 elevators were parked and waiting at the midway points between the top/bottom floors and the middle floor. The end result is that the ground floor always had immediate available for an elevator and the rest of the building had an elevator only 2-3 floors away waiting for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak5701 View Post
Is the new WiFi available in your unit or do you need to be in the lobby. My FIL has an online conference to attend while we are there. Last time we were there, they didn't have WiFi yet.
WiFi is available in all the units, but I noticed that sometimes it's quality was not the best. For an online conference, due to lag and other issues, I'd probably recommend going with the wired connection anyways to avoid annoyance drops and other issues with the online conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori444 View Post
Hi everybody. This will be our second trip to WBC. Last time was two years ago and it was fantastic! We are very excited to return.

That being said, things have changed in the last two years with the addition of the new Wyndham Grand hotel. I have read here that you can use their pool as well...

Does anybody know if this is true? How do you get in, show your room key? Is the pool nice?

Thanks in advance!
It's true, and with the GRand pool, it's very easy to use it. You just walk right up to the pool. it's located behind the hotel, so it's easily accessable from the walkway around the lake just like every other pool. The pool is nice, but it probably one of the most "adult" pools at the property in terms of it's layout and styling. (IE... not a ton of theming or water features that might draw the younger crowd). With the pool bar at the hotel, and the "adult" pool, (and ample deck space), it does help provide a place where people who don't want to deal with kids running around the pool area can hang out knowing that the families with children are much more likely to choose to spend their time at the pirate ship pool next door, or one of the lazy rivers, splash areas, or slide pools at the resort instead of this "boring" pool at the hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syk731 View Post
We leave in 2.5 weeks and I have some questions I hope someone can help me with!

Is the hard-wired internet available only from the phone in the kitchen, or from all the phones in the suites, including the ones in the bedrooms?

Does Tower 4 have new furniture yet? I understand that Towers 1, 2, and 3 have new furniture and Towers 5 and 6 are the newest anyway, so their furniture is overall in good shape. Is that right?

It is most important for us to have a quiet room. As I understand, there is potentially more noise from pool facing rooms - is that right? Are parking-lot facing rooms more likely to be quiet?

Thanks so much!
1. Yes, Hardwired internet is only available from the kitchen phone. The other phones in the suites are not set up to piggy-back an internet connection.

2. I can't speak for the rest of Tower 4, but based off reports the past several months, and the large number of couches i saw staging in the parking garage last week, I'd say that the resort has been, and is continuing to replace the couches in the rooms as the couches become available. Due to the amount of time the reports of the tower 4/5 couch swaps have been coming in, i'd be confident to say that the worst of the couches have all been replaced by now. The ones left to be replaced are either going to be ones with minor blemishes that aren't likely to effect their usage [like the side of the couch peeling], or even just the remaining old couches that are still in decent shape but are due to be replaced as part of this overhaul.

3. Due to the resorts location, most of the noise that's generated is coming from the pools with people enjoying the pools themselves, as well as the occasional pool bar scheduled activities. As such, The rooms on the opposite sides of the buildings from the pools are not going to be subject to the noise since they have the rest of the building between them and the noise sources. That said, The walls and windows/sliding doors of the rooms are thick enough that even a pool/lake -side room on a higher floor would be unlikely to get much noise from the pool areas when the balcony doors are closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti424 View Post
I've been enjoying reading these threads, the information is insanely plentiful. I do have a few questions:

1) what building would you request for a 2 and 3yo? Our trip is in December, so I can't imagine we will be using the pool much, or will we? I think my son would love the mini golf and my husband and I would love a fireworks view.

2)is it unusual that VS said there are not rooms available for my dates and yet there is availability for VU

3) I am also considering the Sheraton vista a villages or even embassy suites, any comparisons?

Thanks!
2. This is not at all unusual. Especially during the high demand periods like Christmas, Many commercial renters will reserve units with the understand/hope that they'll be able to find a renter for the unit at a later date. The end result s that the resort will no longer have any open availabilty for owners to check and book, but that some of the renters will already have reservations covering the weeks/dates you are looking for that they can rent to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sksjasams View Post
Can anyone please compare the rooms in these two buildings for me?
Anyone have experience in both?
Just wondering if the rooms in the main building have been renovated.
Which building is better?

Thank you in advance!
There are not really a lot of rooms in the Main Building. I think MAYBE 1 or 2 floors of guest rooms (On top of the lobby floor, and the sales department and offices located on the 2nd floor). It's also the oldest building on property, but has likely had it's (few) rooms renovated just like Towers 1-3.

Tower 6 is the newest, and tallest (largest) tower. The top 9 floors (I believe) are exclusively Presidential style units, with the top 2-4 floors (I forget the exact number) Presidential Reserve units. [Virtually identical to Presidential units, but deeded differently and inventory is managed differently as part of the Wyndham Presidential Reserve program]. As for which building is better.... I'd be tempted to say Tower 6 due to it's larger size, Connection to the Grande hotel, Pirate Pool, etc....... However, some people may prefer the Main Building due to it's smaller and more exclusive feel.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #230
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
We are neighbors!!
Thats funny! We are in 877. What room did you get?
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #231
skylizard
DIS Veteran

We'll be going back to BC in a little less than a month. Our last trip visit was this past January. Has anything changed at the resort this year that I need to know about? Do we still have to check out towels at the pool area? I'm tempted to bring my own so I dont have to deal with that.

Can't wait to be back at BC!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #232
southbound
Mouseketeer

We are leaving on Sunday and are leaving a stroller behind. It is better than an umbrella stroller, has a sun shade, cup holder, and storage underneath, and holds up to 40lbs. Would hate to see it go to waste. Branabb left it behind for us, and the resort stored it for 3 weeks until our check in. I should note that it was brand new and has now been used by only 2 kids! It was a bonus for our tired 5 year old. Please pm me if you want it. I will take it to main building on Saturday. Really don't like seeing it thrown out.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #233
southbound
Mouseketeer

We are in tower 4 and they have replaced the sofa in our unit. We are also next to the elevator and haven't heard noise from it once! The ice maker in the freezer is the only real noise we've heard!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #234
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
We are in tower 4 and they have replaced the sofa in our unit. We are also next to the elevator and haven't heard noise from it once! The ice maker in the freezer is the only real noise we've heard!
We were also in tower 4 right next to the elevator and didn't hear even the slightest noise from the elevator. In fact, the noise we heard that was annoying was outside from the parking lot. I guess our room overlooked a building that the employees use? MAN were they noisy in the mornings. Blasting music and talking really loud. Also some car alarms. But overall, the room was very, very quiet and I wouldn't hesitate to be put next to an elevator again. In fact, I would prefer it - quick to get in and out of the building, and a guarantee we wouldn't be next to some loud kids or something in an adjacent room! I think I would ask for Lake view though next time, so as to avoid the parking lot noise.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #235
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

who do i call to put in a room request? and what should i request?
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #236
IrishKEF68
Earning My Ears

Our recent stay at WBC

I thoroughly enjoyed all the info I obtained from endless nights of reading this thread and I wanted to share my thoughts on our recent stay. The review is long so I wanted to include a link but unfortunately due to the fact I am new I am not able to post a link so if anyone would like to read it is under the Wyndham Bonnet Creek reviews or Trip Advisor, my user name is Irish68Boston.

One thing I would like to add is that I did call Wyndham today, both corporate and the actual location to talk about the parking pass fiasco that we experienced and the rudeness of Rosa. I was told by both people I spoke with that there is absolutely no reason to stop for a pass and that you use your key card to access the entry gate and can use the orange key card for the garage. I questioned the possibility of being towed and was asked if I ever saw a tow truck in my week long stay (we didn't).

The gentleman went on to say that there are so many cars coming and going that they wouldn't ever be able to keep up with checking passes. On our first day our pass was ripped and we just put it on the floor and not once were we stopped and asked about it, in fact the people working the check in area never even made us get out our room key to open the gate, they just opened it for us. I know when I was just reading some recent posts on here that someone else mentioned this very thing, I wish I had seen the post before our trip. I understand while the experience may be quick and painless for some, for us it was a huge turnoff. So for those of you going don't bother with the pass, grab you room/garage card keys and start your vacation off right Thank you for all the wonderful and helpful posts I have read, it's truly appreciated
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #237
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishKEF68 View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed all the info I obtained from endless nights of reading this thread and I wanted to share my thoughts on our recent stay. The review is long so I wanted to include a link but unfortunately due to the fact I am new I am not able to post a link so if anyone would like to read it is under the Wyndham Bonnet Creek reviews or Trip Advisor, my user name is Irish68Boston.

One thing I would like to add is that I did call Wyndham today, both corporate and the actual location to talk about the parking pass fiasco that we experienced and the rudeness of Rosa. I was told by both people I spoke with that there is absolutely no reason to stop for a pass and that you use your key card to access the entry gate and can use the orange key card for the garage. I questioned the possibility of being towed and was asked if I ever saw a tow truck in my week long stay (we didn't).

The gentleman went on to say that there are so many cars coming and going that they wouldn't ever be able to keep up with checking passes. On our first day our pass was ripped and we just put it on the floor and not once were we stopped and asked about it, in fact the people working the check in area never even made us get out our room key to open the gate, they just opened it for us. I know when I was just reading some recent posts on here that someone else mentioned this very thing, I wish I had seen the post before our trip. I understand while the experience may be quick and painless for some, for us it was a huge turnoff. So for those of you going don't bother with the pass, grab you room/garage card keys and start your vacation off right Thank you for all the wonderful and helpful posts I have read, it's truly appreciated

That was a great, informative review. Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your trip. Is the orange pass (parking garage) given to you at check-in? Is it the same as your room key?

I know I shouldn't let something like a rude parking pass lady ruin my day, but I am pretty sure that is exactly what would happen. I spend so much time planning trips that the actual travel day can be the most stressful for me. I just want everything to go well. The first full day of the trip I calm down and am in vacation mode. But staying at Bonnet Creek is the most "unknown" of this trip and where all my anxiety is focused. I think I will avoid the parking desk if possible.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 10-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #238
syk731
Earning My Ears

DCTooTall, thanks so much for your responses to my questions! I put in my room request and am hoping for the best.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #239
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzle

Do you have a lake/firework view? If so, how is it? What was updated in the recent refurb? I believe furniture and carpet were slated, but what about countertops/appliances, bedding, etc.
We have a firework/lakeview and the counters are granite and the rugs are brand new. Matresses are new and it looks beautiful! Ill post pictures soon!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #240
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard
We'll be going back to BC in a little less than a month. Our last trip visit was this past January. Has anything changed at the resort this year that I need to know about? Do we still have to check out towels at the pool area? I'm tempted to bring my own so I dont have to deal with that.

Can't wait to be back at BC!
Yes check towels at pool
Closed Thread