Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #211
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHammett View Post
I was questioned about my income on our last visit in August. She asked if we knew the owners and when I replied it was someone my husband works with, she asked what he does. I replied that he's a contractor. Then when I checked the lowest income, she handed it back and said, "this means TOTAL household income". I smiled and said, "that's it!". I then had to run to the car to get my husband's license so they could copy it (something I wasn't comfortable with, but she insisted they couldn't give a pass without a copy of license). When I returned, the other parking pass attendant began asking questions about what type of contractor my husband is and how business is. It made me very uncomfortable as I don't like lying and I felt I was having to dig deeper to cover my income lie. Ugh! Don't know how I will handle it next month when we go back. On another trip, after I politely, but repeatedly declined offers to get me on a tour, I had a parking pass attendant turn nasty and rip my form in half in front of my face. Maybe I just have bad luck, doesn't seem like other people have as much difficulty.
This is what is called in Gaelic "CHUTZPAH" (Ok, actually Yiddish). I wouldn't have been so polite to this person, but maybe that's because I'm a lawyer. Where do they get the nerve to interrogate people over their personal information?

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #212
pam1969
Earning My Ears

We'll be at WBC over Easter... Do the buses go to the water parks?
pam1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #213
wesjohnson
Earning My Ears

Parkin Permit Sales Pitch...no big deal

Many people post about how awful their experience is when they get their parking pass. It really is not bad at all.

On a recent visit, I went to the counter and spoke to someone friendly enough. She asked if we'd be interested in attending a presentation for $150.00 gift card. I said no. I told her that we were here for vacation and our time is more valuable than that. They asked me to complete a info card; again, I politely declined and said I did not want to give out personal information. She was not nasty at all. She handed my the parking pass and I never heard from anyone again. Phone plugged in the whole time and it never rang for 10 days.

Two minutes and it was over. I think that if you politely decline, they realize you're not interested and they have no interest in harassing you. Maybe I got a good staff person. But, I've stayed at 4-5 other Wyndham properties across the US. Same experience. No big deal.

And, the resort is awesome! I don't understand how some people describe the parking pass pitch as "terrible" or "rude." Look on the bright side: you are staying in a great resort, at a great rate, it the middle of Disney! Relax.
wesjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #214
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesjohnson
Many people post about how awful their experience is when they get their parking pass. It really is not bad at all.

On a recent visit, I went to the counter and spoke to someone friendly enough. She asked if we'd be interested in attending a presentation for $150.00 gift card. I said no. I told her that we were here for vacation and our time is more valuable than that. They asked me to complete a info card; again, I politely declined and said I did not want to give out personal information. She was not nasty at all. She handed my the parking pass and I never heard from anyone again. Phone plugged in the whole time and it never rang for 10 days.

Two minutes and it was over. I think that if you politely decline, they realize you're not interested and they have no interest in harassing you. Maybe I got a good staff person. But, I've stayed at 4-5 other Wyndham properties across the US. Same experience. No big deal.

And, the resort is awesome! I don't understand how some people describe the parking pass pitch as "terrible" or "rude." Look on the bright side: you are staying in a great resort, at a great rate, it the middle of Disney! Relax.
We are here now, tower 3 7th floor. The room is renovated and smells brand new. We didnt even get a parking pass. When hubby checked in, nobody said a word about it so he didnt even get one. We will see how the week goes without it. Loving this place already. Went to pirate pool and DJ was there. Loved it:-) Having a blast!
kimski25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #215
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimski25

We are here now, tower 3 7th floor. The room is renovated and smells brand new. We didnt even get a parking pass. When hubby checked in, nobody said a word about it so he didnt even get one. We will see how the week goes without it. Loving this place already. Went to pirate pool and DJ was there. Loved it:-) Having a blast!
Oh and WIFI works GREAT! And AC too:-)
Old 10-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #216
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

We will be at Bonnet Creek in 10 days- Can someone tell me how to lock in the temperature on the thermostat, so that the AC doesn't shut off at night?

I know I read it somewhere here but couldn't find it.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #217
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Override the AC at WBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
We will be at Bonnet Creek in 10 days- Can someone tell me how to lock in the temperature on the thermostat, so that the AC doesn't shut off at night?

I know I read it somewhere here but couldn't find it.
How to override the air conditioning unit at WBC:

It will either make the AC run non-stop (according to maintenance) or just override the motion sensor so it will keep cycling on/off while you are out of the unit (our experience and that of another poster here on the DIS). To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override. Whenever possible, leave the doors to the warm room open. It will help immensely.

**From previous postings**

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #218
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Thank you, this will help at night when it seems to get warm in the condo.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #219
SHammett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesjohnson View Post

I'm glad that your experiences with getting your parking passes were pleasant, you are fortunate. I agree with you that Bonnet Creek is a great resort at a great rate. I have stayed there many times and have encountered polite parking pass attendants on some trips as well. And while the parking pass experience will not keep me from staying there in the future, it is the one part of vacation that I dread (besides leaving . While some may not consider being interrogated about income and employment or having someone pointedly hold a paper you just filled out in front of your face and rip into two "rude", I certainly do. That being said, I hope your future experiences, and mine, will be with polite attendants .
2001- Offsite
2001- Dolphin
2003- AKL and BCV
2004- AKL, BWV, VWL
2006- BWV and Disney Wonder
2006- POR and SSR
2007- BWV
2008- Swan and CR
2008- BCV and FW Cabins
2009- Swan and AKL Kidani
2009- Bonnet Creek
2010- Bonnet Creek and Disney Wonder
2010- Bonnet Creek for Thanksgiving
2011- Bonnet Creek and Disney Dream
2011- Bonnet Creek for Thanksgiving
6/2012- Bonnet Creek
8/2012- Bonnet Creek
11/2012- Bonnet Creek for Thanksgiving
2/2013- Bonnet Creek Valentines
5/2013- Disney Dream and Bonnet Creek
SHammett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #220
justmeinflorida
Earning My Ears

I'm doing the happy dance We just booked a week at WBC, we'll be there Feb. 23rd-Mar. 2nd to celebrate our children's birthdays WDW style. When I called Wyndham the lady helping me was SOOO nice, when I told her why we were going, she requested a fireworks view. She said she'll try to get us a lake view as well but she can't promise that one will be available. It will also be our first trip to WDW and WBC

I had to pool my 2013 & my 2014 points to get it but it's going to be totally worth it

Mom of DD 13yrs & DS 20mo
justmeinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #221
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Just wanted to post that we checked in on Sat morning. I requested tower 5, higher floor, lake view. We ended up with tower 4, 8th floor, lake view. I was hoping to be closer to the Pirate pool, but this is fine. It is a beautiful resort, lovely room, etc.
Parking pass desk was ok. The girl took a while telling us about everything...offered us the breakfast timeshare tour (90 mins) and we said no thanks. Took about 10 mins to get the pass. Havent had a phone call that we know of, but havent been here too much except at night.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #222
patti424
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by auchs8 View Post
Patti 424...I can answer the pool question...they are heated, and I have been in the area twice at the beginning of December. We could have used the pools, but didn't. It was in the mid to upper 70s during the day most days. According to allearsnet.com the average high in December is 73 and the average low is 53. I don't know if this is swimming weather for you, but hopefully this helps answer the pool part of the question.
Thanks!
patti424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #223
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
We ended up with tower 4, 8th floor, lake view.

We are neighbors!!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #224
kmb584
DIS Veteran

We check in tomorrow for a 7 night stay! It'll be our first time at WBC and I'm hoping it's just as awesome in person as it seems to be after reading about it!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #225
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584
We check in tomorrow for a 7 night stay! It'll be our first time at WBC and I'm hoping it's just as awesome in person as it seems to be after reading about it!
It IS as great as people say it is! We are here now and its amazing! We are in Tower 3 7th floor firework and lake view. Newly reburbished rooms. Smells BRAND new in the hallways! I did get a note under the door anspd a phone call about RCI changes though... Whatever:-):-)