Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #196
auchs8
Earning My Ears

I have been reading these posts for quite a long while now and the information was so helpful that I joined.

We are checking in on Nov 1st and will be at the Nov 2nd MNSSHP. It is my DD and DS's first time along with my mother-in-law's first time. My DW and my mother are going as well. We have two units, both two bedrooms, and my first request was for the units to be as close as possible. At very least the same tower.

Has anyone ever done this before? Was WBC accommodating?

Thanks in advance for your information.
Thanksgiving 1993 - CBR
November 2003 - ASM
December 2005 - ASM
December 2007 - PCR
November 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
auchs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #197
auchs8
Earning My Ears

Patti 424...I can answer the pool question...they are heated, and I have been in the area twice at the beginning of December. We could have used the pools, but didn't. It was in the mid to upper 70s during the day most days. According to allearsnet.com the average high in December is 73 and the average low is 53. I don't know if this is swimming weather for you, but hopefully this helps answer the pool part of the question.
Thanksgiving 1993 - CBR
November 2003 - ASM
December 2005 - ASM
December 2007 - PCR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #198
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auchs8 View Post
I have been reading these posts for quite a long while now and the information was so helpful that I joined.

We are checking in on Nov 1st and will be at the Nov 2nd MNSSHP. It is my DD and DS's first time along with my mother-in-law's first time. My DW and my mother are going as well. We have two units, both two bedrooms, and my first request was for the units to be as close as possible. At very least the same tower.

Has anyone ever done this before? Was WBC accommodating?

Thanks in advance for your information.
Yes, we just did this a few weeks ago and they were TOTALLY accomodating. We were two adult couples with no kids, and so it wasn't even super important that we be right next to each other - we just asked to be "near" - as in the same building or something - we just didn't want to be spread far across the property from each other. They managed to find us adjacent rooms anyway, which was very nice.

I found the staff to be very helpful and willing to get us what we wanted in general. That said, I went in with a big smile and a polite request, not a "demand" and I expressed my gratitude for getting us just what we wanted. But I'm of the mindset that you get more bees with honey than with vinegar

I'm sure most people are nice too but we saw enough "nasty customers" while on this vacation that DH and I had to shake our heads.

This is off topic but while picking up our rental car, there was a woman next to us at the counter getting her car and the agent she was working with was very polite and said "Ok, Mrs. so and so - here is your paperwork" and before he could finish his sentence, she cut him off angrily, "It's MS! I am a MS, not a MRS! I take it PERSONALLY that you call me a MRS! And continued to shout and make a scene because the poor agent made the mistake of calling her Mrs. . That was just one of many "crazy" people we saw on our trip this year....
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #199
sksjasams
DIS Veteran

Main building vs tower 6?

Can anyone please compare the rooms in these two buildings for me?
Anyone have experience in both?
Just wondering if the rooms in the main building have been renovated.
Which building is better?

Thank you in advance!
sksjasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #200
dadschum
Mouseketeer

Beds at WBC

I know the Master has a king bed. what size beds to the other bedrooms have? Are they big enough to sleep 2 adults comfortably without feeling like your invading the other person's sleeping space.

Thank you!
dadschum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #201
luckychance
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I know the Master has a king bed. what size beds to the other bedrooms have? Are they big enough to sleep 2 adults comfortably without feeling like your invading the other person's sleeping space.

Thank you!
We just got back from Bonnet Creek last week and our 3 br had a king bed, a queen bed and two full size beds. Anytime we have had a two br we always had a king bed and the 2nd br had two full size. Hope that helps!
luckychance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #202
auchs8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
Yes, we just did this a few weeks ago and they were TOTALLY accomodating. We were two adult couples with no kids, and so it wasn't even super important that we be right next to each other - we just asked to be "near" - as in the same building or something - we just didn't want to be spread far across the property from each other. They managed to find us adjacent rooms anyway, which was very nice.

I found the staff to be very helpful and willing to get us what we wanted in general. That said, I went in with a big smile and a polite request, not a "demand" and I expressed my gratitude for getting us just what we wanted. But I'm of the mindset that you get more bees with honey than with vinegar

I'm sure most people are nice too but we saw enough "nasty customers" while on this vacation that DH and I had to shake our heads.

This is off topic but while picking up our rental car, there was a woman next to us at the counter getting her car and the agent she was working with was very polite and said "Ok, Mrs. so and so - here is your paperwork" and before he could finish his sentence, she cut him off angrily, "It's MS! I am a MS, not a MRS! I take it PERSONALLY that you call me a MRS! And continued to shout and make a scene because the poor agent made the mistake of calling her Mrs. . That was just one of many "crazy" people we saw on our trip this year....
Thanks Bellamouse for the information. I don't care about a view as much as being close to each other. My first request was proximity, then at least one room with a fireworks view.

About the off topic...As for people being "crazy", I never ever start out as the bad cop. I don't care how bad my day is, I try not to get angry. Unless I'm accused of something...

On a trip to Atlantic city for the weekend with my wife, we discovered that a previous occupant had urinated in the bed. The mattress was not wet to touch, but after laying in it for 5 minutes it was obvious. Long story short, the first hotel personnel to arrive were from housekeeping, and they started searching our room. I asked what they were doing, and they insisted we had a child with us in the room. I politely informed them that we didn't have children (it was before our kids were born). They kept searching. The managers told us they would move us to a different room. It took an hour, and they told us they they confirmed that we did not have children with us. I asked what they meant by that, and was told that they reviewed security footage from when we checked in, and each time we returned to the room. That upset me a bit, and I said to the manager something along the lines of...my word means nothing when I tell you I don't have children to the point you involved your security team to verify, but you fully believe I wouldn't urinate in the bed for fun? He ended eye contact, and a different manager ushered us to our new room We were upgraded to a suite (which was a totally different adventure), given a $100 refund on the room, and a gift card for dinner at one of the hotel restaurants.

I also typically try to be on my best behavior and mind my manners, but sometimes... sometimes you have to take a stand. When my wife was 8 months pregnant with our first child we visited the Baltimore aquarium on a Saturday. It was a busy day, but nothing too bad. Most of the patrons were smoothly flowing from one exhibit to another almost as if we were in a queue. Most of the adults would stand away from the exhibit to let children up to the glass for a view of the occupants. I say most because there was one family who didn't feel they needed to wait, or rather one wife/mother. The first time I noticed her was when she speed walked past me and forced herself upon another couple who was looking at a tiny exhibit. No "excuse me", no apology, but this overwhelming feeling the she deserved to be there. The couple slid out of her way and she called her daughter (around 10 years old) over to see as well. The couple moved to the next exhibit, but as we were in a free form queue, they were always nearby. I witnessed the woman do this a few more times to different people, including children. I was unaware at the time, but I was the next target. I am 6'2" and around 230, and I have very good balance, so for an average sized woman to knock me into my pregnant wife, there has to be some force behind it. I turned around and stared at her angrily. She didn't notice, but her daughter did. Over the next few exhibits I heard her daughter requesting to wait their turn to see the exhibit, but the requests fell on deaf ears. The final straw for me was when she pushed through an elderly woman with a walker. The next exhibit was large, there was plenty of room, and you could be right against the glass. Again this woman pushed her way to the glass going through that first couple again. They moved over a bit against the glass so there was a little bit of room between them. I looked at my wife and said...I'm going to do something, and it might embarrass you, so I understand if you want to stand away from me. She moved to the rear of the room asking me not to do anything because karma would catch up with her. I told my wife that maybe I was karma. I turned, and as if the sea of people had parted just for me, I had a straight line to her. I swiftly crossed the area, loudly proclaimed that I had never seen a (insert one of the species in the exhibit) and threw myself against the glass as if I was an over-eager child/hockey player. The collateral damage I could feel as the left side of the rude woman was pressed and held against the glass for a good couple of seconds. I heard her tell me that was rude as she walked away. I turned and looked at her daughter, gave a wink and a smirk, and she smiled back as if she was glad it happened. The woman's husband stared at me and nodded his head a few times. From my left I heard the guy in the first couple say "good job". Most of the people in the area were smiling or giggling as they had all seen her wrath. We didn't see her again until the dolphin show when they walked towards us on the stairs. I watched her as they got closer and she saw me. I grinned, and she looked away.

As I said, I usually don't get angry. However, if someone else decides to get "crazy", sometimes a subtle or not so subtle reminder is all anyone needs.
Thanksgiving 1993 - CBR
November 2003 - ASM
December 2005 - ASM
December 2007 - PCR
Old 10-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #203
kimski25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse

I called and put in my request for tomorrow and they said no problem. They called back a few days later and said they were doing some work in that area and if we wanted to switch. My hubby said Ill ak my wife and call you back if we want a change. They then called back 5 minutes later and wanted to tell us that there wouldnt be any noise or disruptions in that tower so it should be fine. Sooo, Id say they are pretty accomidating. Ill let you know tomorrow.
kimski25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #204
chunet
Earning My Ears

Late arrival

I'll be staying at the bonnet creek in a few weeks, the only issue is we are arriving a day after our scheduled booking. When I called to make BC aware, they stated that reservations are held for 24hrs so not to worry about it. I would hate to show up and find out our reservation is gone. Anyone have any experience with this?
chunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #205
SHammett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I cant believe that she would question you on your income!!! Unbelieveable! This is the one part I am dreading...the parking pass desk. What did she actually say to you? I guess I could just check that and then tell her its none of her business if she questions me
I was questioned about my income on our last visit in August. She asked if we knew the owners and when I replied it was someone my husband works with, she asked what he does. I replied that he's a contractor. Then when I checked the lowest income, she handed it back and said, "this means TOTAL household income". I smiled and said, "that's it!". I then had to run to the car to get my husband's license so they could copy it (something I wasn't comfortable with, but she insisted they couldn't give a pass without a copy of license). When I returned, the other parking pass attendant began asking questions about what type of contractor my husband is and how business is. It made me very uncomfortable as I don't like lying and I felt I was having to dig deeper to cover my income lie. Ugh! Don't know how I will handle it next month when we go back. On another trip, after I politely, but repeatedly declined offers to get me on a tour, I had a parking pass attendant turn nasty and rip my form in half in front of my face. Maybe I just have bad luck, doesn't seem like other people have as much difficulty.
2001- Offsite
2001- Dolphin
2003- AKL and BCV
2004- AKL, BWV, VWL
2006- BWV and Disney Wonder
2006- POR and SSR
2007- BWV
2008- Swan and CR
2008- BCV and FW Cabins
2009- Swan and AKL Kidani
2009- Bonnet Creek
2010- Bonnet Creek and Disney Wonder
2010- Bonnet Creek for Thanksgiving
2011- Bonnet Creek and Disney Dream
2011- Bonnet Creek for Thanksgiving
6/2012- Bonnet Creek
8/2012- Bonnet Creek
11/2012- Bonnet Creek for Thanksgiving
2/2013- Bonnet Creek Valentines
5/2013- Disney Dream and Bonnet Creek
4/2014- Bonnet Creek
6/2014- Bonnet Creek
SHammett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #206
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

I'm so thankful we checked in after midnight. They handed us our pass with our room keys. Unplugged the phones when we got to room & never hassled.

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #207
canadiens900
Earning My Ears

the parking pass thing is annoying... but it takes all of 2 minutes... no big deal
Old 10-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #208
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiens900 View Post
the parking pass thing is annoying... but it takes all of 2 minutes... no big deal
I agree and I was there in July when they were pretty busy. Obtained parking pass politely declined stating I already owned a timeshare and what I paid for it, which they said no way they could ever match that, unplugged my phone and had a wonderful week.

nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #209
SJerseyMommy
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We just got home today from our first stay at BC. We LOVED this resort. We've stayed at many different Disney resorts and DH and I both agreed that we like BC much better. We'll definitely be back.

The pools are wonderful. We never had issues finding chairs, no matter what time of day. The mini-golf was fun and FREE! My kids also enjoyed the playground in the evenings. The activity center was also really nice. Balloon animals and face painting were both free which was a nice change from the parks.

We stayed in building 4 on the 10th floor. Great view of the fireworks! The room hadn't been renovated yet, but it was fine. I was just thrilled that we could see the fireworks at night.

I used the jogging path early in the morning and always felt safe. The only "issue" I had was one morning some drunk kids (early 20s) were hanging around. It was about 5am and they clearly hadn't gone to bed yet. They broke into the pool area and got kicked out of the hot tub. Then they were in the main pool which is currently closed. That was the only issue with "rowdiness' though. It really is a nice family resort.

Also, a word of caution if leaving the parks. We went to Publix to do our grocery shopping the first day and found it to be a nice store. Later in the trip my DH went to the super-walmart with 2 of our daughters. Upon getting out of the car he was harassed by a guy asking for money. My dh kept telling him no and he wouldn't let up. He put the kids back in the car and yelled at the guy to leave. Thankfully he did. However, if it had been me with the girls I probably would have panicked. For this reason, I think we'll stick to Publix and not venture too far from Disney property.

If you're on the fence, I highly suggest giving BC a try!

2012-currently planning!!
2010-CBR
2009-January OKW
2007-POFQ Celebrating DD's 3rd b-day at BBB & CRT plus MNSSHP!
2005-SSR
1999-ASM
1997-Offsite
1997-ASM
1992-Contemporary

SJerseyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #210
MickeyMickey
DIS Veteran

Just checked in today. Requested our 3 bedroom in tower 6 with a lake view. Checked in at 1:00 and the room was not ready but they called us at 2:00 to let us know the room was ready and we could pick up our keys at tower 6. We are on the 8 th floor, lake view and near the elevator couldn't ask for a better room!

When I went to get the parking permit I told the lady I don't disclose my income. She wasn't very friendly but I am ok with that!
MickeyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote