Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #181
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy5555 View Post
Back home now from a week at Bonnet Creek. We had a wonderful stay, and no issues to really speak of. Had to wait a while for our room, but we had arrived early and I had requested a high floor with fireworks view. We were in Tower 5, top floor (1586). We loved sitting on the balcony watching the fireworks from MK and Epcot every night! The furniture was in good shape and the beds were decent. Can't say that the couch bed was really that comfortable, but what couch bed is? DD and SIL slept on it and they survived The king bed was comfortable and the 2 full size beds were fine. Like others have posted the shower heads aren't that great, but adequate. Had to just rinse our hair a little longer.

The bus shuttle to the parks worked out great for us. Most of the time, they were on time taking us to the parks and picking us up. I would advise to get there about 10 minutes before it's time to depart. They do fill the buses all the way, with people standing all the way to the front after the seats are filled. The pickup is at building 1 and building 6. (Which was only a short walk from building 5 for us).

My family truly enjoyed the lazy river which was right out the door of building 5. There was also a zero entry pool, and a hot tub nearby. When getting your pool towels, they will request your room number, so be sure to turn them back in when someone is there, so they can take it off your room. We just kept ours all week, through in the dryer in the room, then turned them back in before we left.

All my adult children stayed with us and all had various electronics such as laptops, IPhones, Kindles, etc. No one used the hard line, and No one complained of not getting any reception.

We really couldn't find anything to complain about at Bonnet Creek! We truly loved our stay and will stay there again on our next Orlando visit! I do wish there was a way that we could pass on our items we didn't use to other visitors. I had a couple of Entertainment Coupon Books I had purchased along with some Restaurant.Com coupons. I gave the coupons and one book to a family I saw checking in on our last day. The other book, I left on the counter as you come into the building. I hope someone was able to use it, instead of it getting thrown away.

I would highly recommend anyone to stay at BCR. We loved it! Oh, and we booked our stay with Vacation Strategies too!
Thanks for the great report! We are leaving in 4 days for BC and we rented through VS too
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #182
blessedby3

Double Post
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #183
southbound
Mouseketeer

So far, this resort is pretty amazing! The lady who checked us in was super nice, parking pass lady was nice and did not push anything. We did check the lowest income, which she questioned, but I told her I didn't work and she smiled and sent us on our merry way. Unplugged the phones just in case! One thing I want to mention, I brought mini portable speakers to listen to music and then found a little Sony stereo here that plays pretty much everything! Just make sure you bring your own audio cable as I didn't see one! Can't wait to watch the fireworks from our balcony tonight!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #184
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
So far, this resort is pretty amazing! The lady who checked us in was super nice, parking pass lady was nice and did not push anything. We did check the lowest income, which she questioned, but I told her I didn't work and she smiled and sent us on our merry way. Unplugged the phones just in case! One thing I want to mention, I brought mini portable speakers to listen to music and then found a little Sony stereo here that plays pretty much everything! Just make sure you bring your own audio cable as I didn't see one! Can't wait to watch the fireworks from our balcony tonight!
I cant believe that she would question you on your income!!! Unbelieveable! This is the one part I am dreading...the parking pass desk. What did she actually say to you? I guess I could just check that and then tell her its none of her business if she questions me

Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #185
patti424
Earning My Ears

Bed rails?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new to the forums and there is quite a lot of information to sift through. I'm looking at planning a December trip with my family, kids are 2 and 3. Are there bed rails available? If so, is there an additional cost?

Thanks so much! I love this forum and am highly considering Bonnet Creek...
patti424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #186
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I cant believe that she would question you on your income!!! Unbelieveable! This is the one part I am dreading...the parking pass desk. What did she actually say to you? I guess I could just check that and then tell her its none of her business if she questions me
This is my thought. I try not to lie ever, so checking the "wrong" box on the paper was something I really didn't want to do. But then it dawned on me that there is no law anywhere that says I have to disclose how much I make to ANYONE except the IRS. They cannot demand that info, no matter how much they hound you about it.

When we were just there, we went with another couple (they are not married), and the woman is unemployed. So we sent her to the desk so she could honestly answer that she had no income . We shared a car so we only needed one parking pass.

But should we ever go again (and we will), I will just grit my teeth and tell them that I am under absolutely no obligation to disclose ANYTHING personal to them, whatsoever. It may be a struggle/hassle, but we enjoyed the property so much, I think it will be worth it. We really did LOVE WBC.
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #187
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti424 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new to the forums and there is quite a lot of information to sift through. I'm looking at planning a December trip with my family, kids are 2 and 3. Are there bed rails available? If so, is there an additional cost?

Thanks so much! I love this forum and am highly considering Bonnet Creek...
I asked this same question a while back, and got no answer...so I called WBC directly. The answer was no, so I will be bringing my own rail. That is what I liked about WDW resorts...I didnt have to bring them.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #188
suerob
Mouseketeer

Does WBC provide shuttle service for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? If so, does anyone know the times?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #189
artemis4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
But should we ever go again (and we will), I will just grit my teeth and tell them that I am under absolutely no obligation to disclose ANYTHING personal to them, whatsoever. It may be a struggle/hassle, but we enjoyed the property so much, I think it will be worth it. We really did LOVE WBC.
I did not check a box when there last month because our income is no one's business other than the IRS. There was no problem at all. I was not questioned on income or my failure to check the box. The guy did ask conversationally about what I did as I filled out the form, and we talked about real estate. (We are realtors.) He gave me my pass, and I went on my way.

Artemis4, DH, DD16, DD14 DS11, and DS7.
Sept 2015: Offsite TBD
Sept 2012: WBC

artemis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #190
Small1029
Earning My Ears

We are travelling to WBC for the 1st time on 10/31. We normally stay at Marriott Harbour Lakes but the prices werent what we were used to. We originally booked at Sheraton Vistana because looking online at WBC it was way more expensive. I kept waiting for the prices to go down or for a special from wyndham and no luck. I saw about VS, et all a little late but Ken Price was able to help me. I'm already paid and have my confirmation letters...do I really need to call to verify my resi? He and Denise have said they are calling to put in my request and get my resi #s linked together so I stay in one room the entire time

We will be checking in late around 10pm or so...will we still be able to get a parking pass then or will they make me come back in the morning to get it and go through the hard sell? I plan to just unplug the phone. Anyone that needs to get a hold of us in an emergency will call one of our cell phones.

We have a 2 bdrm deluxe...we are requesting a high floor in either towers 5 or 6 but overall getting a high floor in any bldg is most important. Is there one bldg I should absolutely stay away from?

I'm so excited to be going to WBC. I've read so many great things about it. Only a few more weeks and we'll be there. BTW this is our first non-disney vacation...we are going to be hanging out at WBC and may spend 1 day at US. We've been to WDW 4 times in 3 years so my husband said not this year...we'll see if my kids beg if he gives in
Small1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #191
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I think the only reason she questioned it was because we're from Canada and she asked about it being the right amount in US dollars. She was very nice about it and wasn't pushy at all. I did not feel bad about lying, as my hubby would have been annoyed if they bothered us while on vacation.

So far everyone has been fantastic at this resort and I would definitely come back here. Watching the fireworks from the balcony is pretty cool, and our little girl thinks this is the best place in the world!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #192
chrystined
Earning My Ears

Hello all!! We are checking in on sat. We had a split reservation and got the first two nights at the grand orlando next door. Cant wait to see both properties really! First time at disneyworld and super excited!! We leave thurs morning!! I wanted to see if there's anyone who has any leftover non perishables or coupons ect. I'd be happy to take them. I know there is a bonnet creek pay it forward thread but I wasn't able to get a bin as we did our whole plan in 30 days! We saved a ton of money though and are on such a tight budget. As we all are! So anyhow we check in the 20th and leave the 25th. So if anyone would like to leave us anything please let me know by PM. Also I will be happy to leave what I dont use if someone is coming in the 25th please pm me and we can set it up!
chrystined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #193
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

If you are concerned about the parking pass process, do what we did. Nothing. You don't need it. We were there a week in march and no one cared or asked for it. We didn't get one. Just ignore them and dont even go to the desk. It's your vacation on your time. I think they called the room once and asked to come down to talk about time shares. I told them I'd go but never I never did.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #194
patti424
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I asked this same question a while back, and got no answer...so I called WBC directly. The answer was no, so I will be bringing my own rail. That is what I liked about WDW resorts...I didnt have to bring them.
Thank you!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #195
patti424
Earning My Ears

I've been enjoying reading these threads, the information is insanely plentiful. I do have a few questions:

1) what building would you request for a 2 and 3yo? Our trip is in December, so I can't imagine we will be using the pool much, or will we? I think my son would love the mini golf and my husband and I would love a fireworks view.

2)is it unusual that VS said there are not rooms available for my dates and yet there is availability for VU

3) I am also considering the Sheraton vista a villages or even embassy suites, any comparisons?

Thanks!