Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #1816
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post

that is a great deal - who did you go through?
Vacation Strategy - thanks to this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
(16) (10) (8) (6)
MommaBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #1817
LadyLove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher03 View Post
We paid around $19 without tip to go to the Magic Kingdom in early June. We didn't take a taxi to the other parks, but I heard a cheaper option to get to the MK was to take a taxi to Epcot and then take the monorail.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #1818
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

My husband and daughter paid $19 and some change last week also. One way. Depending on how many people you have and your schedule it may still end up cheaper (and more convienant) than the BC shuttle.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #1819
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Staying here in 30 days! First time staying off property, and i was sad about not being at a disney resort but after reading this thread I'm so excited!

Only up to page 10, but I'll keep reading
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
February 2-7, AoA, Cars Suite
May 23-25 - Sarratoga Springs, Treehouses
June 6-12 Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
*** September 21-28th, POR
*** June 1-5 Disney Dream Cruise, First Cruise!
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #1820
cruisinpan567
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN
Staying here in 30 days! First time staying off property, and i was sad about not being at a disney resort but after reading this thread I'm so excited!

Only up to page 10, but I'll keep reading
Same here, after reading and researching about WBC I feel much better. Have a great trip! We go the last week in August.
cruisinpan567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #1821
DizMom11
Dear Hayel, Sara, and Michael, Please have patience for me and my Disney obsession! Love, Mom

Just booked 5 nights through Vacation Upgrades for $650. Vacation strategies wanted $835.
DizMom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #1822
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher03 View Post
We paid around $19 without tip to go to the Magic Kingdom in early June. We didn't take a taxi to the other parks, but I heard a cheaper option to get to the MK was to take a taxi to Epcot and then take the monorail.
Cheaper yet (and easier) to MK is to take a cab to CBR, then bus, which drops you off at the MK gates, to MK.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #1823
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post

Cheaper yet (and easier) to MK is to take a cab to CBR, then bus, which drops you off at the MK gates, to MK.
Ummmm- wouldn't it actually be cheaper (for one person at least, *maybe* 2) to pay the $5 Bonnet Creek shuttle fee? It would cost at least $5 to go to CBR, so $10 if you repeat the process in the evening.

And personally I fail to see how it's easier, but that's just different travel habits speaking.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #1824
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Does anyone have menus from bc? We ateat the Grand last time.....but are just looking for arrival night eats.. thx
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #1825
abinormal
Mouseketeer

Would anyone mind giving me a rough idea of the nightly rate for a one or two bedroom unit in the off season? If booking through the recommended sites rather than directly, I mean.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #1826
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinormal View Post
Would anyone mind giving me a rough idea of the nightly rate for a one or two bedroom unit in the off season? If booking through the recommended sites rather than directly, I mean.
This past May, Vacation Strategy was the cheapest for us. For a one bedroom deluxe for ten nights we paid $895.00. I have a friend who was there just a week before us though and for her Shelby Resorts was cheaper.

For my upcoming Sept and Dec trips the prices really varied, depending on the renter:

For a one bedroom for eight nights in Sept, the quotes I got were: Shelby Resorts $595.00, Vacation Strategy $628.00, Vacation Upgrades $800.00, Aaron Washburn $800.00, and Farrells Vacations $952.00. Farrells quote was for either a one or a two bedroom though.

For a one bedroom for ten nights in Dec, Aaron Washburn was by far the cheapest at $600.00 ($700.00 for a 2 bedroom), Shelby Resorts $795.00 ($995.00 for a 2 bedroom), Vacation Strategy $810.00, Vacation Upgrades $1000.00, and Farrells $1190 (for either a 1 or a 2 bedroom).

Aaron Washburn and Shelby Resorts both list in myresortsnetwork.com. The others all have their own sites. I did ask Aaron Washburn why his price for eight nights in Sept was higher than the ten nights in Dec. Apparently it just has to do with what inventory each renter has.

I went with Shelby Resorts for the Sept trip ($595.00) and Aaron Washburn for the Dec trip ($600.00). All they wanted was a deposit, but I called and asked to pay the full amount. They emailed me a rental agreement within just a few minutes and then just a few minutes after I paid they emailed me a signed rental agreement showing I had paid (Aaron Washburn wanted to be paid through paypal and Shelby Resorts just took the cc number). For less than $1200.00 I have two trips (or 18 nights total) booked in a one bedroom at Bonnet Creek. $595.00+$600.00=$1195.00 divided by 18 nights= averages out to $66.39/night

For our May trip I wanted to pay the amount in full when I booked but Vacation Strategy wouldn't let me. I could just pay the $150.00 deposit, then they emailed me about 50 days out telling me the balance was due. The original quote they sent me said that the final balance would be due about 21 days out. They sent an email showing what I had paid, but did not send any sort of rental agreement. Everything went fine at check in though. All I needed to check in was my ID. My long winded point is that each seller does things differently.

Last edited by aubriee; 06-29-2013 at 02:41 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #1827
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Question WBC vs. CSR: Can't seem to make a decision!!

I'm planning a solo trip during the 2nd half of October 2013 & I'm having such a hard time deciding where to stay! First of all, let me say that my dream would be to rent points from a DVC owner & stay in an AKL studio. Unfortunately, my dates aren't flexible & there are no DVC studios available during my length of stay thanks to the F&W Festival. Bummer.

So now I'm trying to decide between Coronado Springs (CSR) & Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC). I've never stayed at - or even seen - either resort. Currently, CSR would cost me about $1400, but there will probably discounts offered later this summer. Pros of staying at CSR: Disney theme, hammocks, confident about room quality (furnishings, wear & tear), convenience of using Disney transportation (including Magical Express), access to EMH, ability to pay for everything with room key & send purchases to room from parks. Cons: Very expensive for what you're getting, Disney buses take *forever* to get from Point A to Point B, no sofa in room, may not be able to get a microwave, expensive to purchase breakfast items for room, & room may be far from central area or main pool.

WBC would cost me $600 for a 1 bedroom deluxe. I would rent a car, which would add about $200 for the car itself & $120 for Disney parking fees, so the total would be about $920. Pros of staying there: more space in room, feels more like "home" than a hotel room, balcony (hopefully with a nice view), kitchen & sofa in room, less walking at resort, can prepare inexpensive breakfasts, easy access to pools, can explore other parts of Orlando if I choose, & quick driving time from resort to parks. Cons: Dealing with parking pass/time share sales people, no Disney theme, worried about quality of room (furnishings, wear & tear, etc), not sure if I'll want to drive myself everywhere, need to carry cash/credit cards, & can't send purchases back to room.

What are your thoughts? Am I missing anything on my pros & cons lists? I would love to get some feedback from folks who've stayed at WBC.

Thank you,
Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress

Last edited by Shelli_5; 06-29-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: corrected typo in title
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #1828
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli_5 View Post
Pros of staying there: more space in room, feels more like "home" than a hotel room, balcony (hopefully with a nice view), kitchen & sofa in room, less walking at resort, can prepare inexpensive breakfasts, easy access to pools, can explore other parts of Orlando if I choose, & quick driving time from resort to parks.
You left out free washer and dryer in the room. Don't laugh at that benefit until you complete your first trip with a washer/dryer. Even if you're alone, at a minimum it means going home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.
Quote:
Cons: Dealing with parking pass/time share sales people
No big deal. Just understand that anything they ask you to do is a sales presentation by another name -- tour, survey, "welcome gifts" etc, etc. Just tell the body snatchers at the parking pass desk that you are on a solo trip, can't buy anything even if you wanted to, etc. Then tell them no. If they keep after you, simply walk away. The parking pass is a scam -- it's not needed, does not get you through the guard gate, and we never display a parking pass at any Wyndham resort.

When you get to your room, unplug the phone. Anyone you want to talk to has your cell. Also, if a sales weasel comes to your door with "welcome gifts," say no and close the door. If you let them in, they will NOT leave.
Quote:
worried about quality of room (furnishings, wear & tear, etc)
the room will be fine. You can get wear and tear in any room, even 5 star luxury hotels.
Quote:
not sure if I'll want to drive myself everywhere
Driving is a little confusing the first day or two. After that, it's a breeze. I can be parked at any theme park in less than 15 minutes from Bonnet Creek; we always drive everywhere, even when we stay onsite.

You have to watch the signs carefully. There are multiple signs for each exit, but each destination will only be mentioned once -- kinda like airline listings coming into an airport. Only Disney destinations will be mentioned, so you'll have to look for the Downtown Disney exit coming home.

Quote:
Am I missing anything on my pros & cons lists?
Pro for CSR/con for WBC -- daily housekeeping.

I personally don't get daily housekeeping at home, so I'm okay with not having it on vacation. I'm also not a big fan of having housekeepers in my room much anyway, and tend to leave the "Do not disturb" sign up just to keep them away.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #1829
snowangel72
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know where I can find a link to the BC activities schedule for July????
And the shuttle schedule????
Old 06-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #1830
Dacky619
DIS Veteran

Newbie questions

We own DVC and are planning on staying at Disney hotels for our next few trips, but our family is also getting larger and we have discussed taking trips with other people where we would need more room and BC seems to be a good option. I read through parts of this thread but I do still have a few questions:

1- I've read that the best deals are less than 60 days out. Is that true? Is it a big risk to wait until 60 days out?

2- We like to stay for 9-10 nights usually. Looking at what has been posted on Ebay, most of them are 7 nights. Are BC timeshare points similar to Disney in that I just would have to find someone that has enough points to book a 10 night trip or do they work on weeks where we would book 2 weeks and might have to change rooms?

3- I think I know this, just want to make sure. Would there be any problems for someone in a wheelchair at this resort? Would we have to get a room on the 1st floor?

Dacky619 is offline   Reply With Quote