Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #1801
sb682
DIS Veteran

Yes! Just booked our September trip through VS. So excited!

When can you request a view/tower? We are getting a 2 bedroom deluxe and I'd like to stay near the fort pool/lazy river. Are there fireworks views from the buildings over there?
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #1802
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb682 View Post
Yes! Just booked our September trip through VS. So excited!

When can you request a view/tower? We are getting a 2 bedroom deluxe and I'd like to stay near the fort pool/lazy river. Are there fireworks views from the buildings over there?
I do not believe you can request in advance anymore... luck of the draw

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #1803
sb682
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
I do not believe you can request in advance anymore... luck of the draw
Darn, that's what the guy at VS said, too. Have to figure out what to ask for when I get there, I guess.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #1804
Pirate Lovers Mom
Earning My Ears

Has anyone tried this to stay late without relying on the shuttle?

From any of the parks, get the WDW bus to DTD. Make sure to get off at the first stop, because I believe the bus makes 1-2 other stops further into the area.

Find a taxi stand and get the driver to take you the 1.9 miles to the hotel.

It's not free, but those buses run late and you can probably fit 3-4 people in the cab.

Just a suggestion!
1986 Old Shades of Green
1991 Not-Yet-DH's First Trip
2000 Quit Work, Came to WDW
2002 Birthday in Park
2005 Nov with the lads!
2007 Worked IBS in Feb, brought the lads!

Definitely not a pro, but never have a hard time having a good time at WDW!
Pirate Lovers Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #1805
CKC23
Earning My Ears

Hi,

I am new to the "DISboards" so I apologize if this question has already been answered. We are going to Orlando in September and are thinking about staying at Bonnet Creek. My question is about the " pack and plays" offered. How many people here have used them, and were they suitable? Clean? Would you borrow one again to use, or do you recommend bringing our own?

Thanks!!
CKC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #1806
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKC23 View Post
Hi,

I am new to the "DISboards" so I apologize if this question has already been answered. We are going to Orlando in September and are thinking about staying at Bonnet Creek. My question is about the " pack and plays" offered. How many people here have used them, and were they suitable? Clean? Would you borrow one again to use, or do you recommend bringing our own?

Thanks!!
I would guess the majority of people who want to use the offered *pack and plays*
are those who are not able to bring their own (air travel / etc).

If you have the means (car travel / etc) you would be better off ... to bring your own.

*!*! Disney is my Happy ~ Place !*!*

*please excuse me if I miss the point*
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #1807
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Lovers Mom View Post
Has anyone tried this to stay late without relying on the shuttle?

From any of the parks, get the WDW bus to DTD. Make sure to get off at the first stop, because I believe the bus makes 1-2 other stops further into the area.

Find a taxi stand and get the driver to take you the 1.9 miles to the hotel.

It's not free, but those buses run late and you can probably fit 3-4 people in the cab.

Just a suggestion!
Because too many people were using the DTD parking lots for free parking, WDW no longer runs buses directly from the parks to DTD. To get to DTD you'd have to first take a bus to any resort, then catch a DTD bus from that resort to DTD (or you could catch a bus to Saratoga Springs and then walk over to DTD). It'd be doable, but would take alot of time.

Note: you could also catch a bus from the park to either PORS, POFQ, or Old Key West then catch a boat over to DTD, but again that would take alot of time. It'd be faster to just catch a taxi from the park to Bonnet Creek.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #1808
LadyLove
Earning My Ears

Any guesstimates on cab fare from WBC to DTD & the parks? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #1809
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer

I have been lurking and learning from this thread for awhile and decided that I really would like to give WBC a try for our trip in November (not Thanksgiving week). I was quoted approximately $139/night for a 3BR Deluxe. I know that there aren't many 3BRs, so I'm thinking we probably won't get a much better deal. Plus we aren't flexible with our dates AND we aren't staying your standard 7 nights. What do y'all think? Is this a good deal?
(16) (10) (8) (6)
MommaBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #1810
neiko486
Earning My Ears

I just had a few questions I was hoping someone would be kind enough to answer:

Are the 3 and 4 bedroom rentals all one level with no staircases inside the unit?I appears so on the layout plans but I wanted to make sure as my father has issues navigating steps and will be using a wheel chair 99% of the time?

The resort states it is non-smoking.Are there designated smoking areas around the resort?Obviously you cannot smoke in the rooms, but can you smoke on the balcony or in the public outdoor areas?We have a smoker in the party and I want to make sure he is comfortable.

Thank you in advance for any input.My parents have generously offered to take all of the family to WDW next summer and Bonnet Creek looks like a wonderful option.
neiko486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #1811
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post

Are the ground floor rooms at BC the same way. You have a patio which is wide open or is it closed off in some way? We usually enjoy staying on the ground floor except if it is in the parking lot.

I've read on this site that BC doesn't take room requests any more unless it is a VIP owner. Do people request ground floor rooms often at BC?

Thanks for any info.
We didn't make any requests on our reservation (RCI trade), so I can't help with that bit.

We checked in early, and the check in desk said that if we wanted a ground floor room, we could check in immediately- or we could wait till 4. For many reasons we took the ground floor. We were in tower 3, right by the entrance. We had a "parking lot" view and our patio was a good size and enclosed by lush shrubbery. Walking around it looked like the ground floor rooms facing the lake and path were the same- good size, enclosed by lush shrubbery.

My only real complaint about the room was that in the master we constantly heard water draining down the bathroom pipes from the upstairs rooms. Anytime someone on an upper floor showered or flushed the toilet in their master- we heard it in ours. This was only annoying between the hours of 11pm and 6am.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #1812
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiko486 View Post
I just had a few questions I was hoping someone would be kind enough to answer:

Are the 3 and 4 bedroom rentals all one level with no staircases inside the unit?I appears so on the layout plans but I wanted to make sure as my father has issues navigating steps and will be using a wheel chair 99% of the time?

The resort states it is non-smoking.Are there designated smoking areas around the resort?Obviously you cannot smoke in the rooms, but can you smoke on the balcony or in the public outdoor areas?We have a smoker in the party and I want to make sure he is comfortable.

Thank you in advance for any input.My parents have generously offered to take all of the family to WDW next summer and Bonnet Creek looks like a wonderful option.
Yes.... none of the floorplans at the resort include stairs and are all contained on single level. (Obviously different levels/floors of the towers, but the elevator will get you there).

You are allowed to smoke on your room's balcony (and ashtrays are provided). There are also designated smoking areas around the property, although I honestly never had any issues (before I quit) smoking at any outdoor location on the property utilizing common courtesy. (iow's, trying to step of to the side so I'm not forcing people to walk thru a cloud of smoke to get by me... if smoking in a non-labeled smoking around were others might be impacted, such as in a hottub after dark, making sure that anybody else around doesn't mind before I light up).
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #1813
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove View Post
Any guesstimates on cab fare from WBC to DTD & the parks? Thanks in advance!
We paid around $19 without tip to go to the Magic Kingdom in early June. We didn't take a taxi to the other parks, but I heard a cheaper option to get to the MK was to take a taxi to Epcot and then take the monorail.

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #1814
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBerd View Post
I have been lurking and learning from this thread for awhile and decided that I really would like to give WBC a try for our trip in November (not Thanksgiving week). I was quoted approximately $139/night for a 3BR Deluxe. I know that there aren't many 3BRs, so I'm thinking we probably won't get a much better deal. Plus we aren't flexible with our dates AND we aren't staying your standard 7 nights. What do y'all think? Is this a good deal?
that is a great deal - who did you go through?
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #1815
neiko486
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Yes.... none of the floorplans at the resort include stairs and are all contained on single level. (Obviously different levels/floors of the towers, but the elevator will get you there).

You are allowed to smoke on your room's balcony (and ashtrays are provided). There are also designated smoking areas around the property, although I honestly never had any issues (before I quit) smoking at any outdoor location on the property utilizing common courtesy. (iow's, trying to step of to the side so I'm not forcing people to walk thru a cloud of smoke to get by me... if smoking in a non-labeled smoking around were others might be impacted, such as in a hottub after dark, making sure that anybody else around doesn't mind before I light up).
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.My brother is the smoker and he is a very courteous smoker.We will be coming from California where most places will not even allow smoking on balconies so that is good to know.I just want to make sure everyone in the family is comfortable so we can all enjoy our trip.
neiko486 is offline   Reply With Quote