Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #1786
Silock
DIS Veteran

A Tripadvisor review said the buses only run until 7 pm. Is that true? I can't imagine that it is.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #1787
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
A Tripadvisor review said the buses only run until 7 pm. Is that true? I can't imagine that it is.
Depends on the park hours. Animal Kingdom will sometimes closes at 5 p.m..
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #1788
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
Depends on the park hours. Animal Kingdom will sometimes closes at 5 p.m..
Right, but I can't imagine they would stop running the WBC buses before parks like MK and Epcot even close.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #1789
jofo
Mouseketeer

Are the dressers and/or armoires and/or tvs in the bedrooms anchored to the walls? Thinking of booking a 3 or 4 bedroom presidential so each little guy would have their own sleeping space, but don't want them getting crushed (or knocking over the tv) if they get up in the middle of the night and explore their bedrooms.
jofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #1790
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's ironic you asked this! I was just looking at the schedule the front desk gave us! looks like the last return times are as follows:

MK-11:40 with an additional return time of 12:30 am for certain dates
EP-10:15 pm, additional return time of 10:35 and 10:55 for certain dates
AK-7:00 pm
HS-9:50 PM, additional return at 10:50 for the entire month of June
DTD-12:00 AM

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #1791
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofo View Post
Are the dressers and/or armoires and/or tvs in the bedrooms anchored to the walls? Thinking of booking a 3 or 4 bedroom presidential so each little guy would have their own sleeping space, but don't want them getting crushed (or knocking over the tv) if they get up in the middle of the night and explore their bedrooms.
Nope, not anchored to the wall. The only thing that is un-moveable (is that even a word?!) is the headboards to the beds.

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Old 06-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #1792
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SondraC View Post
Ae all 3 bedroom presidential units in building 6?
Yes. All 1, 2, and 3 bdrm Presidential units are located exclusively in Tower 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post
Thanks for the info. This year a ground floor room wouldn't be a good idea.

The setup at Wyndham Governor's Green was completely different. The lake at Governor's Green had a fence all the way around it. The building we were in was far from the pool, but when we walked out onto the patio door there was a concrete area where the table and chairs were, but it led to a big lawn where kids were running around. The geese or ducks would come every day and there were plenty of kids feeding them. My nephew would go out there with us every morning and look for the ducks. If he ran ahead of us near the lake to see the frogs it was fenced.

He's 3 1/2 and so active he would worm his way through anything if we had a pool view on the ground floor so I definitely wouldn't want that.
If you want to get a general idea of the resort's layout, you can use Google Maps. It's a pretty compact resort all things considered, but it might help you get a better idea on where things are located.

Quote:
There have been a few schedules posted around here which should help you get an idea for the general bus schedules. You'll also be given a schedule when you check in since the schedule changes as park hours change thruout the year.

I'd say though that normally you'll be able to catch a bus close to the end of regular park hours at every park thruout the year. By this I mean that sometimes if the MK regular park hours end at 11pm, The last bus back to the resort from the TTC could depart at 11pm (so you'll need to actually leave the park earlier in order to make sure you've made it across the lagoon to the TTC in time).

Also... Remember that the bus only covers regular park hours. That means that if a park is open for EMH and they don't actively annouce park closing or kick you out, the busses will run with the idea of the park being closed and noone still being there.

Also, hard ticket events may not be covered.... so when the park officially closes at 7pm for events like Mickey's Not so Scary or Very Merry Christmas, There may not be buses still running to get you back to the resort from the hard ticket event. In these cases, if you want ot be sure, you could always call the resort and they may be able to give you more information on the transportation options so you will know if other arrangements need to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofo View Post
Not much is anchored. The furnture is pretty sturdy however so it would probably take some effort for little kids to really knock the furniture over. the TV's are flat screens on top of the dressers so they will have a pretty sturdy base. If you think there is still a chance they may get knocked over however, I don't think there would be anything preventing you from possibly disconnecting the TV and moving it into another room during your stay since the TV's aren't anchored.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #1793
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
It's ironic you asked this! I was just looking at the schedule the front desk gave us! looks like the last return times are as follows:

MK-11:40 with an additional return time of 12:30 am for certain dates
EP-10:15 pm, additional return time of 10:35 and 10:55 for certain dates
AK-7:00 pm
HS-9:50 PM, additional return at 10:50 for the entire month of June
DTD-12:00 AM
That's good to hear. Do they still run (roughly) every half hour from most parks after about 1 or 2 pm until close?

I only ask because my wife and I would always take the buses from WBC to the parks in the morning, come back in the afternoon and take a nap, and then head out again in the early evening and take the WBC buses back at closing. Just wondering if the new fees also mandated new schedules.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #1794
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's good to hear. Do they still run (roughly) every half hour from most parks after about 1 or 2 pm until close?

I only ask because my wife and I would always take the buses from WBC to the parks in the morning, come back in the afternoon and take a nap, and then head out again in the early evening and take the WBC buses back at closing. Just wondering if the new fees also mandated new schedules.
seems they take a break from 12:30 until anywhere from 2:40-3:30 depending on the park (ie..shuttle drops off at MK/EP at 12:30, then not again until 2:40, drops off at HS/AK at 12:15 then not again until 3:25). But after that it does run every 30 min, but not until close. Last drop off time for MK/EP is 7:40, AK is 5:25 and HS is 6:25. HTH!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #1795
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
seems they take a break from 12:30 until anywhere from 2:40-3:30 depending on the park (ie..shuttle drops off at MK/EP at 12:30, then not again until 2:40, drops off at HS/AK at 12:15 then not again until 3:25). But after that it does run every 30 min, but not until close. Last drop off time for MK/EP is 7:40, AK is 5:25 and HS is 6:25. HTH!
Sounds like the old schedule. Thanks so much!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #1796
Spanky
DIS Veteran

Remeber that shuttle tickets are for round trip so to come back for a break in the afternoon and return in the evening will take another set of tickets so figure $20.00 per day in your budget.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #1797
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
Remeber that shuttle tickets are for round trip so to come back for a break in the afternoon and return in the evening will take another set of tickets so figure $20.00 per day in your budget.
Yeah, that's what we're most upset about. Still beats renting a car, though, since we will be drinking at Epcot every night.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #1798
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Yes and keep in mind if you did have a car (whether your own or rented) you would still have to pay the $14/day to park at the parks. So $20/day for the busses really isn't that much more. Maybe that makes you feel a little better?
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #1799
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
Yes and keep in mind if you did have a car (whether your own or rented) you would still have to pay the $14/day to park at the parks. So $20/day for the busses really isn't that much more. Maybe that makes you feel a little better?
It does, but then I remember when the buses were free and I just get upset again
Old 06-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #1800
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a current shuttle (i.e. this summer)? I have seen some older ones and it seems that there is no way to get back to WBC from most parks (other than MK) around lunchtime/early afternoon.

In the August heat I definitely would like to take a break from around 1/2 pm to 4/5pm and it seems that wouldn't be possible using the shuttles? If so, we would probably need a car after all.