Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #1771
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post
I will be at BC from 7/9 to 7/23. Last year I was at Wyndham Governor's Green and we were on the ground floor. Instead of a balcony, we had a patio which was all open and on a lawn.

My 2-year old nephew loved it because he had room to run around on the lawn. He went out there every day to feed the geese.

Are the ground floor rooms at BC the same way. You have a patio which is wide open or is it closed off in some way? We usually enjoy staying on the ground floor except if it is in the parking lot.

I've read on this site that BC doesn't take room requests any more unless it is a VIP owner. Do people request ground floor rooms often at BC?

Thanks for any info.
I think the majority of ground floor rooms will open onto either the parking lot or a pool.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #1772
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

First of all thank you for all the information you really helped me soooo much!!! Second looking on ebay and has anyone dealt with dandt-enterprises if so any feedback would be amazing!
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #1773
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will be at BC from 7/9 to 7/23. Last year I was at Wyndham Governor's Green and we were on the ground floor. Instead of a balcony, we had a patio which was all open and on a lawn.

My 2-year old nephew loved it because he had room to run around on the lawn. He went out there every day to feed the geese.

Are the ground floor rooms at BC the same way. You have a patio which is wide open or is it closed off in some way? We usually enjoy staying on the ground floor except if it is in the parking lot.

I've read on this site that BC doesn't take room requests any more unless it is a VIP owner. Do people request ground floor rooms often at BC?

Thanks for any info.
We were on the first floor last year, I think it was building two.....we were close to the putt putt golf. We did have a patio, but you couldn't really walk onto the golf area because of the plants surrounding it. We enjoyed the location and sat out each morning with our coffee while visiting with the ducks. We wanted a ground floor again this year, but it didn't happen. I would not want a ground floor looking out into the parking lot!

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #1774
Rosebud123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
I'm wondering what rooms are in the main building ie: 1br, 2br etc.? Our last visit there we spent a fair bit of time in the main pool and decided that we liked it better than the ones at building 5 and 6. We were staying in 5 and while it was very nice to just step out the door and into the pool it was a little crowded and not much sun. We thought that the perfect location for us to stay would be in the main building.

ITA! I liked the pool at the Main Bldg. way better than the ones at 5 and 6.
Rosebud123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #1775
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you have any special advice for finding these great prices on Ebay? Every time I look there I find nothing but very high prices....ie:$150-175/night. Clearly I'm missing something as I constantly see people post about getting great prices from Ebay. I'm trying to put together a cheap trip in August and would really love to be able to get WBC for under $100/night.
When I do a search on ebay for "Wyndham Bonnet Creek" with the "Best match" option, I do see that the first few listings are offering around $189 per night. But when I scroll down, I see someone offering a week for $765, and below that, a week for $299.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #1776
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
http://www.floridaticketstation.com/...s-selects.aspx

You get free shipping as well with the code. I had my tickets in less than 5 days.
Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #1777
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

Just back

Just back from a WBCR stay. We discovered BC thanks to you folks and WOW! was it fantastic. I can't imagine ever staying on-site again.

We booked a 3BR Presidential through VS back in January and stayed from 6/8-6/16. Everything went smoothly and as described in these threads. We checked in on Saturday around 3pm. We had no wait at the front desk and then headed to the nearby counter for "guest relations" where I was expecting a "timeshare" hard sell. I did mark one of the lower income boxes, but was surprised that there wasn't even a mention of timeshare. We were in and out of check-in <10min.

Our 3BR Pres was in building 6. It was on the 16 floor which requires you to use your room key in order to activate the button...the kids (ok, and me) thought that was cool, when we would get on the elevator and someone would ask "which floor" and we would say "oh, 16, but we have to use our key"...very elitist!

The Villa was amazing. Large, spacious, high ceilings, dark woodwork, everything we needed, wanted and could imagine was there. The quality of the amenities was superior to what I expected (i.e. Cusinart blender, the frig was already cold when we arrived, we had no issues with A/C, plumbing, TVs, etc...everything worked and worked well).

We sometimes had a little trouble finding a parking spot in the lot outside our building, but there was an adjacent garage (which we never did have to use). The drive to the parks was quick and simple. Parking lot to parking lot to MK was about 15 min (still 45 min total time w/ monorail, bag check...), about 12 min to AK, 8 min to Ep and 5 min to HS. Again, though, that's just the drive time. From condo to park entry add about 15-30min.

The grounds, pools, outdoors were outstanding. The pool at our building was pirate ship-themed. It was irregularly shaped, with two zero-entry points and one wide entry with stairs. We really didn't need to go anywhere else, but did walk next door to the hotel one or two days, just for a change of scenery or when the pool games were going on. Mid-afternoon, they would play family pool games, which I am sure was fun for some, but the microphone was loud and distracting if trying to read. The hotel pool was a little less crowded and a little more adult filled.

Between building 6 and the Hotel, sitting near the walking path that encircles the lake in the middle, is a pool bar and restaurant called Back Bay (I think). This was surprisingly good. It is a covered, but open-aired restaurant with a typical looking menu, but the food was really better than I expected. We shared some shrimp tacos, onion rings, a salad, wings...and it was truly one of the better lunches all week.

We have stayed on-site several times (Beach Club, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Portofino Bay) and off-site (Cypress Gardens, Vacation Villas at Parkway) and this was by far the best.

There is no question in my mind that when we go back to WDW or USF, we will stay here...no question...you can't beat the price, location, space and accommodations.

Last edited by wdw&sonny; 06-24-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typos
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #1778
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
I have a trip planned for July 9th through July 23rd at BC in a 2-bedroom. I've read almost all the BC threads on this site and it seems that people really like BC. This will be my first time there, but the only problem I have is that no one in my family drives.

This trip will be 4 adult non-drivers and 2 kids. We will have to rely on the shuttles which BC now charges $5.00 per person round-trip and cabs. We will have to take a cab to a supermarket to stock up on food for at least a week. We will be eating most of our meals in except for park days.

The prices at Garden Grocer seem a little too high. I rather wait until I get to BC and then take a cab to the nearest Winn Dixie or Walmart Super Center.

Is there a cab company in the area that would be a little cheaper than other cab companies or are they pretty much the same? Are they metered cabs or do they charge a set amount for a certain destination?

I'm from New York and there are cab companies that charge a set amount to certain places whether there is a lot of traffic or not.

Thanks for any info.
I believe all the cabs that operate in the area are metered.....or at the very least, are SUPPOSED to be metered. I'd be suspect of anybody who told you a flat fee....

At least, when it comes to the regular cabs. Towncars would be a different story. I'd even suggest maybe looking into some of the various towncar services available to get you from the airport to the resort. You can find all sorts of information on them in the transportation forums, and there are even a few which will include a grocery stop on the way from the Airport to your resort in their quote. It might also save you some $$$ versus making a grocery run later.

Quote:
I'm wondering what rooms are in the main building ie: 1br, 2br etc.? Our last visit there we spent a fair bit of time in the main pool and decided that we liked it better than the ones at building 5 and 6. We were staying in 5 and while it was very nice to just step out the door and into the pool it was a little crowded and not much sun. We thought that the perfect location for us to stay would be in the main building.
I honestly don't know, besides knowing there are 1 or 2 4bdrm Presidential units in that building. I believe there is a good chance for also being a small number of 1bdrm, 2bdrm, and possibly even a 3bdrm deluxe units in the building as well.

The big thing to remember however is that I believe guest units are only in 2 floors of the main building, and so therefor you don't have many units at all in that building. I'd be willing to guess AT MOST there MIGHT be a max of a couple dozen units total across several different room types. That also means your odds of having a room available in the main building is extremely small.

that being said.... there's never any harm in asking when you check in. The worst that could happen is they say no.

Quote:

Thanks for any info.
I believe there is a small concrete pad for the patios on the ground floor about the same size as the balconies on other floors. HOWEVER... because of the landscaping and the way the resort is laid out, there won't be much of a chance to easily run out and play.

Most buildings have various bushes or other landscaping features which would make it slightly more difficult to use the patio door as a primary entry/exit point for your tower.

the pools are now completely enclosed by fences which prevent direct access from pool-facing rooms to the pool areas. (It used to be that some pool facing rooms in like Tower 5 could walk straight from their room...thru the bushes, to the pool.... however as they've enacted and started enforcing the pool closing time over the years, that is no longer the case).

Even still... There isn't even really any "lawn" on property that would make for a good play area. the buildings are located pretty close to the walkway and water of the lake, and the parking lot comes right up to the buildings on the other side. There are a few grassy areas around the lake walkway, but I'm thinking you probably wouldn't want to let a 2yrold have free unsurpervised play due to the risk of them falling into the lake.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #1779
LadyLove
Earning My Ears

Hi ALL! I'm new here & sooooo appreciating all the information I am finding!

I am booked for a 1 bedroom at WBC in September & have a couple questions:

~ Are the 1 bedrooms located in a specific area? It sounds like these condos are mostly 2- & 3- bedrooms.

~ I will be traveling for a conference located at the Marriott Village there in Lake Buena Vista. I am assuming it's close by. (I figured if I needed to go to the conference, why not slip into Disney during my downtime!) Does anyone loosely know how far WBC is from the Marriott Village?

I can't tell y'all how excited I am! I haven't been to Disney in years & am such a fan, even if most of my friends & loved ones aren't... I'm just going to take the leap & enjoy the parks on my own. <3

Last edited by LadyLove; 06-24-2013 at 02:28 PM.
LadyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #1780
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove View Post

~ I will be traveling for a conference located at the Marriott Village there in Lake Buena Vista. I am assuming it's close by. (I figured if I needed to go to the conference, why not slip into Disney during my downtime!) Does anyone loosely know how far WBC is from the Marriott Village?

<3
If you mean the Marriot on Vineland, according to Google Maps it is about 4.5 miles from Bonnet Creek.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #1781
LadyLove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
If you mean the Marriot on Vineland, according to Google Maps it is about 4.5 miles from Bonnet Creek.
8623 Vineland Avenue Orlando, FL 32821 is the address... don't know why I didn't think to look at googlemaps... thank you!

I am guessing even if the area is congested, it shouldn't be more than a ten minute drive or so...
Old 06-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #1782
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove

8623 Vineland Avenue Orlando, FL 32821 is the address... don't know why I didn't think to look at googlemaps... thank you!

I am guessing even if the area is congested, it shouldn't be more than a ten minute drive or so...
It Won't take you more than 5-7 minutes to get there. DH has a convention this week near the sea world area and it took me exactly 10 minutes in rush hour to get him from here (wbc) to there. The marriott villages are much closer.

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #1783
LadyLove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
It Won't take you more than 5-7 minutes to get there. DH has a convention this week near the sea world area and it took me exactly 10 minutes in rush hour to get him from here (wbc) to there. The marriott villages are much closer.
that's great to hear ~ thank you !!

WBC was a much better deal than staying in the marriott village for the convention! And it'll be so helpful to have a kitchen.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #1784
SondraC
DIS Veteran

Ae all 3 bedroom presidential units in building 6?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #1785
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info about the ground floor rooms

Thanks for the info. This year a ground floor room wouldn't be a good idea.

The setup at Wyndham Governor's Green was completely different. The lake at Governor's Green had a fence all the way around it. The building we were in was far from the pool, but when we walked out onto the patio door there was a concrete area where the table and chairs were, but it led to a big lawn where kids were running around. The geese or ducks would come every day and there were plenty of kids feeding them. My nephew would go out there with us every morning and look for the ducks. If he ran ahead of us near the lake to see the frogs it was fenced.

He's 3 1/2 and so active he would worm his way through anything if we had a pool view on the ground floor so I definitely wouldn't want that.
disneycrazy01 is offline   Reply With Quote