Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #1756
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

I've been lurking for a bit and hoping to go stay at WBC for the first time in Fall 2014! Have a few questions for all you experts... 1. If you spill lets say in the room is there a fee they charge for cleaning? 2. Is there any housekeeping? 3. Who dod you book through? 4. How early can you book? I got a quote asked for 2014 and they put 2013 do you think it was just a mistake or can't they book that far out? Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #1757
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I'm wondering what rooms are in the main building ie: 1br, 2br etc.? Our last visit there we spent a fair bit of time in the main pool and decided that we liked it better than the ones at building 5 and 6. We were staying in 5 and while it was very nice to just step out the door and into the pool it was a little crowded and not much sun. We thought that the perfect location for us to stay would be in the main building.
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #1758
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
I've been lurking for a bit and hoping to go stay at WBC for the first time in Fall 2014! Have a few questions for all you experts...
Can't answer all of your questions, but I can probably answer a few.

1. If you spill lets say in the room is there a fee they charge for cleaning?[/quote]

Pretty sure you'd have to leave a credit card imprint. If it's something that you'd have to charge the credit card to, then they would charge it.

Quote:
2. Is there any housekeeping?
The units are cleaned between check-out and check-ins. That's the only free housekeeping. You can request additional cleaning, but it will cost. And I don't think it's cheap

You are expected to do your simple housekeeping (clean dishes, maybe sweep the carpets). Getting back to question one, if you spill something and it doesn't stain, or you clean it up on time, then no harm. If it does stain, then I dunno. Water, or even pop, you can probably clean it up with no problem. Red Kool-Aid, or something that stains easily...ouch.

Quote:
3. Who dod you book through?
Someone else has to help you there. We actually own at Wyndham time share, so we booked directly with them. But the cost would be high for a non-Wyndham owner

Quote:
4. How early can you book? I got a quote asked for 2014 and they put 2013 do you think it was just a mistake or can't they book that far out?
That's probably a mistake. Those who own at Wyndham Bonnet Creek cannot reserve until 13 months before the vacation date. So you can probably get something at the 13 month mark. Those who own Wyndham, but not Bonnet Creek, can reserve 10 months ahead of time. (I own Wyndham, but not BC).

Quote:
Any help is appreciated!
There's a few out there that can help better than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #1759
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

I don't know what they'd do for a spill, but you do not have to leave a credit card imprint.

I book through several different places, but you can try Vacation Strategies and also Ebay.

The cost is not actually high for a non-Wyndham owner. We got a 2BR last year for $100 a night, no extra taxes or fees.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #1760
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
The cost is not actually high for a non-Wyndham owner. We got a 2BR last year for $100 a night, no extra taxes or fees.
Sorry, I meant to say the cost would be high for a non-Wyndham owner if you dealt directly with Wyndham. Which we do. Going with a third party, you'll probably pay about $100/night for a two-bedroom condo during regular season.

(That's what I get for posting when tired.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #1761
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Sorry, I meant to say the cost would be high for a non-Wyndham owner if you dealt directly with Wyndham. Which we do. Going with a third party, you'll probably pay about $100/night for a two-bedroom condo during regular season.

(That's what I get for posting when tired.)
Now I understand. Sorry! Yes, if you go to Wyndham site directly it's very expensive.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #1762
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

I have a trip planned for July 9th through July 23rd at BC in a 2-bedroom. I've read almost all the BC threads on this site and it seems that people really like BC. This will be my first time there, but the only problem I have is that no one in my family drives.

This trip will be 4 adult non-drivers and 2 kids. We will have to rely on the shuttles which BC now charges $5.00 per person round-trip and cabs. We will have to take a cab to a supermarket to stock up on food for at least a week. We will be eating most of our meals in except for park days.

The prices at Garden Grocer seem a little too high. I rather wait until I get to BC and then take a cab to the nearest Winn Dixie or Walmart Super Center.

Is there a cab company in the area that would be a little cheaper than other cab companies or are they pretty much the same? Are they metered cabs or do they charge a set amount for a certain destination?

I'm from New York and there are cab companies that charge a set amount to certain places whether there is a lot of traffic or not.

Thanks for any info.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #1763
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
I've been lurking for a bit and hoping to go stay at WBC for the first time in Fall 2014! Have a few questions for all you experts... 1. If you spill lets say in the room is there a fee they charge for cleaning? 2. Is there any housekeeping? 3. Who dod you book through? 4. How early can you book? I got a quote asked for 2014 and they put 2013 do you think it was just a mistake or can't they book that far out? Any help is appreciated!
I just saw on ebay a company with a listing for 7 nights for $299!

Old 06-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #1764
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01
I have a trip planned for July 9th through July 23rd at BC in a 2-bedroom. I've read almost all the BC threads on this site and it seems that people really like BC. This will be my first time there, but the only problem I have is that no one in my family drives.

This trip will be 4 adult non-drivers and 2 kids. We will have to rely on the shuttles which BC now charges $5.00 per person round-trip and cabs. We will have to take a cab to a supermarket to stock up on food for at least a week. We will be eating most of our meals in except for park days.

The prices at Garden Grocer seem a little too high. I rather wait until I get to BC and then take a cab to the nearest Winn Dixie or Walmart Super Center.

Is there a cab company in the area that would be a little cheaper than other cab companies or are they pretty much the same? Are they metered cabs or do they charge a set amount for a certain destination?

I'm from New York and there are cab companies that charge a set amount to certain places whether there is a lot of traffic or not.

Thanks for any info.
Hi. Wegoshop.com will shop where you tell them so you pay regular prices plus a fee which will likely be less than a cab.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 06-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #1765
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez View Post
We just got a 3 br for 125 a night. I think the cheapest we have ever gotten a 3 br is 120 a night. Private seller on ebay. These were dates I absolutely needed, so I couldn't be too picky.
we were very lucky in 2010... we got a 3 bedroom in April and then again in May for less than $75 a night, thru 2 different sellers on ebay
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 06-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #1766
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
I just saw on ebay a company with a listing for 7 nights for $299!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
we were very lucky in 2010... we got a 3 bedroom in April and then again in May for less than $75 a night, thru 2 different sellers on ebay
Do you have any special advice for finding these great prices on Ebay? Every time I look there I find nothing but very high prices....ie:$150-175/night. Clearly I'm missing something as I constantly see people post about getting great prices from Ebay. I'm trying to put together a cheap trip in August and would really love to be able to get WBC for under $100/night.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #1767
scout68
We dig the Duck

Could anyone point me in the direction to a map of the resort that clearly labels tower numbers etc.

Oh, please and thank you.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1768
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout68 View Post
Could anyone point me in the direction to a map of the resort that clearly labels tower numbers etc.

Oh, please and thank you.
Go to Part 1 of this series and on the first page they have a map with details below (click on the link below);

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114303

Hope this helps

Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #1769
scout68
We dig the Duck

Thanks again.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #1770
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

A question about rooms on the first floor/ground floor

I will be at BC from 7/9 to 7/23. Last year I was at Wyndham Governor's Green and we were on the ground floor. Instead of a balcony, we had a patio which was all open and on a lawn.

My 2-year old nephew loved it because he had room to run around on the lawn. He went out there every day to feed the geese.

Are the ground floor rooms at BC the same way. You have a patio which is wide open or is it closed off in some way? We usually enjoy staying on the ground floor except if it is in the parking lot.

I've read on this site that BC doesn't take room requests any more unless it is a VIP owner. Do people request ground floor rooms often at BC?

Thanks for any info.
Closed Thread