Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #1726
Silock
DIS Veteran

For anyone that used the buses --

Is it an all-day pass, or just a round trip? My wife and I like to come back in the afternoons, and then head back to the parks in the evening. Just wondering if we'd have to pay twice per day.
Silock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #1727
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

'll be at BC in July and I was told when I confirmed my reservation, that the $5.00 is per person round-trip. If you go back to BC after going to the parks for a break, and you decide to go back to the park in the evening you will have to pay again.

I wish it was all day. We will have a 3 1/2 year old with us and he gets cranky easily. He will want to go back to BC and swim.
disneycrazy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #1728
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
For anyone that used the buses --

Is it an all-day pass, or just a round trip? My wife and I like to come back in the afternoons, and then head back to the parks in the evening. Just wondering if we'd have to pay twice per day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post
'll be at BC in July and I was told when I confirmed my reservation, that the $5.00 is per person round-trip. If you go back to BC after going to the parks for a break, and you decide to go back to the park in the evening you will have to pay again.

I wish it was all day. We will have a 3 1/2 year old with us and he gets cranky easily. He will want to go back to BC and swim.
I just copied this from the Wyndham Bonnet Creek site:

• Shuttle To Walt Disney World ® Resort: Effective March 1, 2013 each guest at Wyndham Bonnet Creek utilizing the transportation shuttle to a Disney theme park or Downtown Disney will need a ticket to board the bus. Tickets will be sold at the resort for $5 per person per round trip for any Wyndham Bonnet Creek guest wanting to use this service. Children three years of age and under will be complimentary.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #1729
Silock
DIS Veteran

So, do they punch your ticket when you get on and off the bus?
Silock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #1730
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
So, do they punch your ticket when you get on and off the bus?
No they take your ticket when you board at WBC and no ticket required when you board at the park, or that was the case this past April.

Fundytrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #1731
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey20 View Post
Are pack and play cribs available? Can I ask for one to be in our room ahead of time?
Yes, both are available. Request them when you check in and they will be delivered to your room very quickly.
Upatnoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #1732
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

I've been on hold with BC for half hour... apparently we booked a 2 bedroom deluxe through a timeshare swap ( We're a guest of someone) and the online confirmation stated 2 bedroom deluxe... now, a few months later my confirmation came in the mail... and it says 1 bedroom deluxe. Im sure Ill work it out but for times sake, wanted a quick idea....

anyone know the best tower to request if I want to be super close to the pool?

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
SMWfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #1733
Spanky
Mouseketeer

There are numerous pools, 2 lazy rivers, sprinkler play areas all over the resort. I do not think there is a single tower without a pool in front or adjacent to it. Two pools have slides - you must be able to swim on your own to use the slides. Some pools are zero entry.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #1734
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goseethemouse View Post
Hmm, I didn't realize that. Still it might be worth it for us as we are staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal later and they have a Hertz station where I could drop off the car. So the convenience and saving time and possible transfer fees might be worth it. I will definitely have to compare some prices though...
We rented thru dollar at the airport for $178 all included for an 8 day stay.
Not sure we will ever use the shuttles again.....
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #1735
aubriee

So excited! We stayed at Bonnet Creek for the first time last month (May 10th-20th). I think we found our new resort home. We loved it so much, guess what I did yesterday? I booked not one, but two more trips down there. I booked a one bedroom through Shelby Resorts for eight nights Sept 14th-22nd and then booked a ten night stay in a one bedroom for Dec 6th-16th through Aaron Washburn. Both were renters listed on myresortscom. Anyone familiar with these two renters?

I requested quotes for both stays through not only these two, but also Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, Farrells, a seller on ebay, and another renter on myresorts.com. Shelby Resorts was cheaper for the Sept dates, but Aaron Washburn was alot cheaper than anyone else for the Dec dates.

I bought airfare for both trips last week when the prices dropped. I feel like I got such good deals for both trips ($274.00 for airfare and $595.00 for eight nights at BC for the Sept trip and $245.00 airfare and only $600.00 for ten nights at BC for the Dec trip). We already have annual passes for WDW and Universal, so all I need to do now is find a good price on a rental car for each trip.

Last edited by aubriee; 06-19-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #1736
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
So excited! We stayed at Bonnet Creek for the first time last month (May 10th-20th). I think we found our new resort home. We loved it so much, guess what I did yesterday? I booked not one, but two more trips down there. I booked a one bedroom through Shelby Resorts for eight nights Sept 14th-22nd and then booked a ten night stay in a one bedroom for Dec 6th-16th through Aaron Washburn. Both were renters listed on myresortscom. Anyone familiar with these two renters?

I requested quotes for both stays through not only these two, but also Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, Farrells, a seller on ebay, and another renter on myresorts.com. Shelby Resorts was cheaper for the Sept dates, but Aaron Washburn was alot cheaper than anyone else for the Dec dates.

I bought airfare for both trips last week when the prices dropped. I feel like I got such good deals for both trips ($274.00 for airfare and $595.00 for eight nights at BC for the Sept trip and $245.00 airfare and only $600.00 for ten nights at BC for the Dec trip). We already have annual passes for WDW and Universal, so all I need to do now is find a good price on a rental car for each trip.
I am currently renting from Aron Washburn he is great, I have to make changes, he has been quick, prompt, and GREAT communication. I almost rented from him last trip, but got a better deal through 5Star, so he has been around for awhile. Hope this helps
Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #1737
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikscrap View Post
We just returned from an 8 night stay at WBC in Tower 2 on the 9th floor. Room was renovated but had a 1 bedroom with view of the parking lot. We have stayed at many other Disney hotels on past trips and WBC was by far the best we have stayed in. We booked through Vacation Strategies and were a little worried that all we had from VS was an email receipt telling us to show drivers license at check in. I called WBC a week before we left and found a reservation under our last name so then the worry went away. WBC provided laundry powder in our room. The washer/dryer were small top loading stackables. They were quiet and worked great. We had to ask for more laundry soap while there and had no trouble getting it from the front desk. Pools were nice and never really crowded. Never had time for the kids club activities. Ate one night at the pizza restaurant and it was good. Also had no hassle at check-in. Husband checked in and kids and I stayed in the car. He was never asked about attending any meeting. We left our phone plugged in too and the only message we got was about construction beginning on a pool in another tower. We will be back to Bonnet Creek. Very easy, convenient and clean. Thanks to this board for bringing it to my attention. I would have never known about this place without this board.
What towers pool was under construction? Is there a pool refurb going on???
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #1738
SondraC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post

I keep trying to go to "myresorts . com" but I can't find it? Is that what it is?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #1739
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

Pricing on a 2 bedroom vs. a 4 bedroom

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it is normal to get quoted the same price for a 2 bedroom for 8 nights and a 4 bedroom for 8 nights? I got a quote from VS for Presidential units on both and received separate emails with the price being the same on both sizes. ??
barefootMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #1740
aubriee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SondraC View Post
I keep trying to go to "myresorts . com" but I can't find it? Is that what it is?
Sorry about that. I just did a search and apparently it's myresortnetwork.com. Here's the site:
http://www.myresortnetwork.com/Condo...-Creek-Resort/ A friend used Shelby resorts in May and told me to contact them, so I'm not too concerned about them. I was just curious if anyone else had used either Shelby Resorts or Aaron Washburn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootMom View Post
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it is normal to get quoted the same price for a 2 bedroom for 8 nights and a 4 bedroom for 8 nights? I got a quote from VS for Presidential units on both and received separate emails with the price being the same on both sizes. ??
When I requested quotes for our trip this past May, one of the renters offered me a two bedroom for the same price as a one bedroom. However, his prices were higher than most of the quotes I got, so I didn't go with him.